5.0 out of 5 stars Acer G245HQ, omg!!!!!!
This monitor is just awesome. The display is crystal clear, no dead pixels.
The screen is huge, and watching movies on it is just a wonderful experience.
Gaming is great, too. No ghosting, and crisp, detailed environments~

Pros:
-Price
-Screen Size
-Awesome images
-X-shaped base, super sturdy. I read somewhere that this monitor...
Published on January 28, 2012 by Marina

1.0 out of 5 stars Acer monitors don't last
I work on 5 monitors at my job, so have had a variety of different brands. The monitors are powered on almost 24/7. Acer monitors always burn out quickly. I think it's due to the fact that they use inferior parts in their monitors. This was one was no different, started blacking out periodically after about 1 year. Samsung have been the best.
Published 22 months ago by bartrader

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer G245HQ, omg!!!!!!, January 28, 2012
Marina (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acer G245HQ Abd 23.6-Inch Screen LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
This monitor is just awesome. The display is crystal clear, no dead pixels.
The screen is huge, and watching movies on it is just a wonderful experience.
Gaming is great, too. No ghosting, and crisp, detailed environments~

Pros:
-Price
-Screen Size
-Awesome images
-X-shaped base, super sturdy. I read somewhere that this monitor would stand through a Mag-3 earthquake!

Cons:
-The rim around the screen is reflective, so whatever is on your screen is reflected around the rim (Which is only like 1/4" thick, but its slightly annoying)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, April 4, 2012
I bought this $120/free shipping with a promo code but it might be worth the $150 + shipping Amazon has it for right now.

I'm comparing to the old 19" CRT.

It's easy to plug in. I'm not using the DVI (included) cable. The screen is much easier to read with no dead pixels.

The instruction are terrible and the screen controls are almost impossible. I finally figured out the buttons are not on the bottom of the monitor but on the underneath side (scream). As this is a fairly new product there isn't much help on the web yet.

I spent 30 minutes trying to adjust the brightness and still haven't found it. I switched to eco mode and that toned it down a bit.

I also figured out that I had to go into control panel/display, and adjust to a wide screen of approx. 1920x1100; seems good.

I put a piece of tape over the power light(an obnoxious blazing blue).

Update 4/5/12: I figured out the brightness after another half hour. Good budget monitor after you master it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple stadard cheap, January 30, 2012
I bought this to pair with my GD235 to be my @2 in a dula set up. The other acer is the 36 model. I chose this because it has the same dimetions as the other. The color is good, its a basic DVI monitor. If your on a budget and need a cheap set up then this is ok. If your going to pair it for the same reason I did beware the 3d version colors dont match which is unfortunate. The non 3d version seems more vibrant which is this model.4 stars because no hdmi and its just the basics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value monitor, November 29, 2011
I'm a gamer. I had a 19" samsung monitor (native 1440x900 resolution). I upgraded my video card and felt like I needed a new monitor to take advantage of all that power. I wanted one with a 1920x1080 native resolution and found this one. It seemed like a great deal, and it is, provided you get it for around $150.
Pros:
Good price
Large screen
1920x1080 native resolution
decent image quality
Cons:
Some motion blur in games, nothing too bad but it is noticable
Colors become distorted if you're not looking at it straight on (light blue actually starts to look a little bit pink - odd).

The image quality is not as good as my Samsung monitor, but for the price and 24" I cant really complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it right now!, March 16, 2013
Got it quickly, easy to set up, clear and sharp. Just what I was looking for with a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect monitor., March 9, 2013
So first off, I ordered the 129.99$ version of this monitor and actually received this one in the mail what a shock that was. Out of the box it's huge, it's taken a lot of getting used to since I had used a dell 19" lcd 1280x1024. I love this monitor, I recommend it to anyone. The user functions were easy to learn. 1080p movies are just WOW. my games look incredible. The whites are bright and the blacks are deep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, March 9, 2013
Big, bright display! Great for speadsheets, graphics or any other application. This thing was a real no-brainer...just plug it up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it in time, December 14, 2012
WOW. Just after I got one, the price jumped $30.

Anyway, it's a beautiful screen, larger than my keyboard (almost twice), and has a resolution of 1920x1080. Yes, it is 720p, but sadly no HDMI slot. DVI works though!

Only one problem is getting to know the buttons on the front. The secret is they line up with HUD on the screen... (I was stupid that day...)

Update 4/11/13: For some reason when I bought this, it was listed as a max of 720p... that's not the case. It is a full 1080p. With a resolution of 1920x1080, make sure your GPU can keep up if you are gaming on it. Also is still working fine even after transporting it a few times and clipping walls in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 20, 2012
Perfect screen, it's big, bright, and just excellent. Plugged right in, worked right off the bat. I can see anything I want now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, November 9, 2012
Brooke (Lebanon, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
Low cost and perfect. Matched it with my mac mini. They are both working out perfect. So glad I went with the low cost monitor.

Rate and Discover Movies