1,198
Size Name: 24-InchChange
Price:$129.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 3, 2013
Size Name: 23-Inch
I felt a bit sorry for this monitor on Amazon taking all this heat from a lack of tilt and I'm here to set the record straight. I purchased this product at a Black Friday event where I was only looking for 3 features within my price range: 1) Full HD 2)LED 3)22"+. When lined up with other products, this one stands out in terms of specifications and price. Once home, it connected to both my Blue Ray player and computer with ease. The quality from Blue Ray is outstanding with a high speed HDMI->DVI cable. The only issue was the LACK OF TILT. For the first few days I was stacking reams of paper to get a proper height adjustment and to obtain the optimal viewing angle. How could Acer make a high-tech monitor with no tilt?! Answer: THEY DID! Having been spoiled for the past 20 years with easy tilting built into every computer screen encountered, this Acer requires you pop off the stand, and with a screw driver and wrench, tweek the stand frame to your desired angle and retighten. EASY, it takes less than 3 minutes. This is a fantastic buy, the quality is as advertised, and if your video card supports two monitors, buy a second one for a full panoramic experience. I hope you enjoy.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 2, 2014
Size Name: 24-InchVerified Purchase
Excellent Monitor especially for the price! I have had no problem with this monitor in fact ive had one for a year now and i just bought another when I ordered my computer to build! These monitors side by side look great and perform great as well! I am hoping to get a Mount for my desk when i am able to and these will be able to mount because they have the VESA mounting spots on the back of the Monitor!
review image
on November 29, 2012
Size Name: 24-InchVerified Purchase
I purchased this monitor to upgrade my old VGA display. (1360x768). I myself am a very serious pc gamer and find it a requirement to have the best display for the game so it may be played how it is meant to be played. I find that this monitor is perfect for the job. (Just a note 1080p looks better the smaller the screen goes so buying a 32 inch 1080p TV may look different)

Pros
-Colors are Brilliant - The black levels on this screen are incredible. Everything is clearly defined. (Tested with same games as below)
-NO GHOSTING - (Running DVI-D) I've played starcraft II, WarZ, Arma II, Left 4 Dead, Crysis, and few other games and have seen absolutely no ghosting of the image whatsoever.
-Very low power consumption. This is the first monitor i've seen to have an external transformer(odd)
-Very slim and sleek design.
-Settings easily changeable
-The ports that the DVI-D and the VGA cables plug in are actually stable compared to other monitors that seem to be very very loose
-Responds almost instantly when the computer comes out of sleep.
-Many integrated settings to save power although it will distort the amazing colors when enabled.(Eco-Friendly)
-ALL packaging material is recyclable.

Cons
-The stand isn't the greatest. It can be tightly screwed on but can only be moved on a tilt forward and backward. (Doesn't seem easy to move feels like you can break it)
-This isn't really bad but when you first turn on the monitor you will go blind. The brightness at maximum settings is painful to look at and needs to be turned down.
-DVI-D but DVI-I? The monitor is compatible with the DVI-D connection which I am currently using but it only comes with a DVI-I connector.
-The screen did have a rather large smudge in it when I opened the box but the padding protecting the screen was able to remove it with ease. (Not too bad but annoying)

NOTE: The monitors packaging was a little odd but very protective. The monitor itself was surrounded in a thin padding to prevent scratching. Then it was harnessed by styrofoam to keep it sturdy inside its box. ( This is the odd part) Then that same box was placed inside another box after being surrounded in a layer of paper. I wouldn't worry about breaking the monitor over shipping its pretty darn safe.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2013
Size Name: 24-InchVerified Purchase
If this is your first LED lit monitor, the first thing you will notice is that it is much brighter than many other non-LED LCD's you might have had. I have mine next to an "older (couple years old)" HP 19 non-LED lit monitor and the difference is night and day. I'll break it down below:

Pro's:

- BRIGHT
- BIG/Widescreen/Thin bezel
- 1080p resolution is gorgeous
- Vivid colors
- Low power consumption
- Price
- Matte display
- Comes with both DVI and VGA cables.

Con's:

- Initial out of box setup was way too bright. Brightness was at 100%. Absolutely KILLS my eyes. But it is adjustable (see below).
- Custom setup of the colors/brightness/etc is tricky. Predefined options are are good starting point but the hardware buttons to select the on screen display are really awkward to use. I had to do my mom's monitor for her. The buttons are mostly hidden out of eyesight and are on the bottom of the bezel.
- Sits low. The included stand does not allow for raising/lowering. Don't bother me personally but I'm sure someone will care. It sits about 2.5" off of the desk. It does tilt, however.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 24, 2012
Size Name: 23-InchVerified Purchase
Just received the monitor and got it set up. Everything seems to working fine so far, just wanted to let anyone looking to buy this know that the monitor I got is not what is pictured above. There are apparently two separate Acer G236HL Models. The model I received has a VGA port and a DVI-D port, and not two HDMI ports plus a VGA port, as the product image shows.

Updating this review: Just placed an order for a second monitor. First one is working fine, but now I have a desk large enough for two! Monitor has been working great since purchase and I have no complaints about the product itself.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 12, 2012
Size Name: 23-InchVerified Purchase
I bought this monitor for two reasons:

1) It's super cheap.

2) Acer is a reliable brand.

Having said that, the monitor was a bit foggy and I'm not sure if that's an LED thing or not, it's my first LED monitor. I adjusted the brightness/contrast/colors a bit and now I'm very happy with the monitor.

This is replacing my 22" Acer LCD that I purchased 5 years ago. That one still works too, it just takes a few minutes to turn on and it makes high pitched noises (bad capacitors?) - so I expect it is going to die soon. 5 years is a good amount of time, so I like Acer and I imagine this newer, lower power LED will last even longer!

* One of the pictures shows the monitor as having HDMI, it DOES NOT. It has VGA and DVI, which fine for me, I use DVI.
on December 13, 2014
Size Name: 24-InchVerified Purchase
If you're looking to upgrade your LCD monitor this LED monitor made my old LCD moniter look like a box Tv
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 9, 2013
Size Name: 23-Inch
I just had to send mine back. This model does not have screw holes for VESA mount. Very bad decision by ACER and I'm very disappointed in them for doing that. Now I have to be wary of all future monitor purchases. I assumed this was standard. If you want to mount the monitor on an arm (and not the included stand) this is NOT the monitor for you!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Size Name: 24-InchVerified Purchase
I'm a developer and our IT team recently replaces my two old monitors with three of these. The price point is really good for this size/quality and the image is super bright and sharp as well. I like them so much, especially at this price point, that I replaced my monitor at home with one of these even though my other monitor worked fine (was more square and a bit smaller though).

My wife loves the new screen, the widescreen format allows us to work more efficiently since you have more screen real estate to put open apps side by side rather than having to keep show/hiding windows.

Great monitor, great price.

The only thing to be aware of is that you don't have any real options as far as movement goes. It's on a fixed post so you can't raise/lower or change it's viewing angle. If you're putting it on a desk it sits where it sits and that's that. It does have build in mounting screw holes so you can mount it to a wall, on another mount, etc. if you like.
on March 11, 2013
Size Name: 23-InchVerified Purchase
The backlight is overpowering on this model. After trying all of the settings for brightness and contrast in both the video drivers and on the monitor itself, I was never able to achieve a true black screen because the backlight just powers right through the screen - there is always bleed-through. I have now RMA'd two of these, both with the same problem. My other monitor, an acer 235hbmid does not suffer from this issue. I have even spent over an hour with Acer support and they gave up and agreed the monitors are defective. Guess I will be looking for something a bit more pricey now - you get what you pay for.

Thankfully Amazon's return policies are the best I have ever seen. Very happy with Amazon about this.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations