1,342
Acer G246HL Abd 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Size: 24-InchChange
Price:$129.99 + Free shipping

on January 3, 2013
I felt a bit sorry for this monitor on Amazon taking all this heat from a lack of tilt and I'm here to set the record straight. I purchased this product at a Black Friday event where I was only looking for 3 features within my price range: 1) Full HD 2)LED 3)22"+. When lined up with other products, this one stands out in terms of specifications and price. Once home, it connected to both my Blue Ray player and computer with ease. The quality from Blue Ray is outstanding with a high speed HDMI->DVI cable. The only issue was the LACK OF TILT. For the first few days I was stacking reams of paper to get a proper height adjustment and to obtain the optimal viewing angle. How could Acer make a high-tech monitor with no tilt?! Answer: THEY DID! Having been spoiled for the past 20 years with easy tilting built into every computer screen encountered, this Acer requires you pop off the stand, and with a screw driver and wrench, tweek the stand frame to your desired angle and retighten. EASY, it takes less than 3 minutes. This is a fantastic buy, the quality is as advertised, and if your video card supports two monitors, buy a second one for a full panoramic experience. I hope you enjoy.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 2, 2014
Excellent Monitor especially for the price! I have had no problem with this monitor in fact ive had one for a year now and i just bought another when I ordered my computer to build! These monitors side by side look great and perform great as well! I am hoping to get a Mount for my desk when i am able to and these will be able to mount because they have the VESA mounting spots on the back of the Monitor!
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 29, 2012
I purchased this monitor to upgrade my old VGA display. (1360x768). I myself am a very serious pc gamer and find it a requirement to have the best display for the game so it may be played how it is meant to be played. I find that this monitor is perfect for the job. (Just a note 1080p looks better the smaller the screen goes so buying a 32 inch 1080p TV may look different)

Pros
-Colors are Brilliant - The black levels on this screen are incredible. Everything is clearly defined. (Tested with same games as below)
-NO GHOSTING - (Running DVI-D) I've played starcraft II, WarZ, Arma II, Left 4 Dead, Crysis, and few other games and have seen absolutely no ghosting of the image whatsoever.
-Very low power consumption. This is the first monitor i've seen to have an external transformer(odd)
-Very slim and sleek design.
-Settings easily changeable
-The ports that the DVI-D and the VGA cables plug in are actually stable compared to other monitors that seem to be very very loose
-Responds almost instantly when the computer comes out of sleep.
-Many integrated settings to save power although it will distort the amazing colors when enabled.(Eco-Friendly)
-ALL packaging material is recyclable.

Cons
-The stand isn't the greatest. It can be tightly screwed on but can only be moved on a tilt forward and backward. (Doesn't seem easy to move feels like you can break it)
-This isn't really bad but when you first turn on the monitor you will go blind. The brightness at maximum settings is painful to look at and needs to be turned down.
-DVI-D but DVI-I? The monitor is compatible with the DVI-D connection which I am currently using but it only comes with a DVI-I connector.
-The screen did have a rather large smudge in it when I opened the box but the padding protecting the screen was able to remove it with ease. (Not too bad but annoying)

NOTE: The monitors packaging was a little odd but very protective. The monitor itself was surrounded in a thin padding to prevent scratching. Then it was harnessed by styrofoam to keep it sturdy inside its box. ( This is the odd part) Then that same box was placed inside another box after being surrounded in a layer of paper. I wouldn't worry about breaking the monitor over shipping its pretty darn safe.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2013
If this is your first LED lit monitor, the first thing you will notice is that it is much brighter than many other non-LED LCD's you might have had. I have mine next to an "older (couple years old)" HP 19 non-LED lit monitor and the difference is night and day. I'll break it down below:

Pro's:

- BRIGHT
- BIG/Widescreen/Thin bezel
- 1080p resolution is gorgeous
- Vivid colors
- Low power consumption
- Price
- Matte display
- Comes with both DVI and VGA cables.

Con's:

- Initial out of box setup was way too bright. Brightness was at 100%. Absolutely KILLS my eyes. But it is adjustable (see below).
- Custom setup of the colors/brightness/etc is tricky. Predefined options are are good starting point but the hardware buttons to select the on screen display are really awkward to use. I had to do my mom's monitor for her. The buttons are mostly hidden out of eyesight and are on the bottom of the bezel.
- Sits low. The included stand does not allow for raising/lowering. Don't bother me personally but I'm sure someone will care. It sits about 2.5" off of the desk. It does tilt, however.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 24, 2012
Just received the monitor and got it set up. Everything seems to working fine so far, just wanted to let anyone looking to buy this know that the monitor I got is not what is pictured above. There are apparently two separate Acer G236HL Models. The model I received has a VGA port and a DVI-D port, and not two HDMI ports plus a VGA port, as the product image shows.

Updating this review: Just placed an order for a second monitor. First one is working fine, but now I have a desk large enough for two! Monitor has been working great since purchase and I have no complaints about the product itself.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 13, 2014
If you're looking to upgrade your LCD monitor this LED monitor made my old LCD moniter look like a box Tv
on November 12, 2012
I bought this monitor for two reasons:

1) It's super cheap.

2) Acer is a reliable brand.

Having said that, the monitor was a bit foggy and I'm not sure if that's an LED thing or not, it's my first LED monitor. I adjusted the brightness/contrast/colors a bit and now I'm very happy with the monitor.

This is replacing my 22" Acer LCD that I purchased 5 years ago. That one still works too, it just takes a few minutes to turn on and it makes high pitched noises (bad capacitors?) - so I expect it is going to die soon. 5 years is a good amount of time, so I like Acer and I imagine this newer, lower power LED will last even longer!

* One of the pictures shows the monitor as having HDMI, it DOES NOT. It has VGA and DVI, which fine for me, I use DVI.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 6, 2015
A GR888888 monitor & value & I am very well pleased to add it to my computing needs.
on February 15, 2015
I just got the monitor in today. Vibrant colors, very lightweight, and easy tilt-back feature. For most people, it may be good to adjust the brightness after you've set it up. My eyes are very sensitive so I ended up decreasing the brightness to 33. I may decrease it further.

The set-up is fairly easy, but it seemed daunting at first when I was trying to figure out how to place the screen on the base. I looked at an ACER forum thread and found that the two pieces for the base just slide into each other. For the screen, I highly suggest you place the base down on the table (or whatever flat surface you're working on) and sit the monitor on top of it; push it down until you hear a "snap!" sound. Mine didn't sink all the way down, so there is still a light wobble, especially if I'm typing to fast. I'm too scared to push down on it any further for fear of breaking it. I may experiment with that later because the wobbling can be irritating. Otherwise, very nice monitor. Slim, so it doesn't take up as much space as my previous one.

Recommendation for ACER: perhaps adjustable height in the future.

EDIT: changed my rating from 4 to 3 stars. It already has a dead pixel and I have not had it for long. No improper handling. I haven't even had the monitor for 3 months.
review image review image review image
on June 4, 2013
I was really excited to get this monitor. It's a steal for the size and a great piece of hardware. That's not to say there aren't shortcomings, If you haven't used an LED backlit screen the colors at first are extremely washed out but YOU CAN FIX THIS!

Be sure to download the icc profile that is listed on the acer website and install it by simply right clicking.

Then go to the control panel and click on color management, choose to use your own settings and add the Acer profile that was downloaded.

finally you must open whatever software your graphics card uses whether it's amd catalyst control center or nvidia. After doing some tuning in there you'll be able to have a great monitor that you stole from the refurbished section of amazon!

After doing all those steps I'm very happy with this monitor. Would buy again.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations