Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: 24-InchChange

on January 2, 2013
I felt a bit sorry for this monitor on Amazon taking all this heat from a lack of tilt and I'm here to set the record straight. I purchased this product at a Black Friday event where I was only looking for 3 features within my price range: 1) Full HD 2)LED 3)22"+. When lined up with other products, this one stands out in terms of specifications and price. Once home, it connected to both my Blue Ray player and computer with ease. The quality from Blue Ray is outstanding with a high speed HDMI->DVI cable. The only issue was the LACK OF TILT. For the first few days I was stacking reams of paper to get a proper height adjustment and to obtain the optimal viewing angle. How could Acer make a high-tech monitor with no tilt?! Answer: THEY DID! Having been spoiled for the past 20 years with easy tilting built into every computer screen encountered, this Acer requires you pop off the stand, and with a screw driver and wrench, tweek the stand frame to your desired angle and retighten. EASY, it takes less than 3 minutes. This is a fantastic buy, the quality is as advertised, and if your video card supports two monitors, buy a second one for a full panoramic experience. I hope you enjoy.
2626 comments878 of 895 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2014
Excellent Monitor especially for the price! I have had no problem with this monitor in fact ive had one for a year now and i just bought another when I ordered my computer to build! These monitors side by side look great and perform great as well! I am hoping to get a Mount for my desk when i am able to and these will be able to mount because they have the VESA mounting spots on the back of the Monitor!
review image
99 comments397 of 409 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2015
Just purchased 3 of these monitors and they look amazing see for yourself in my picture:)
review image
55 comments253 of 259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2016
I’m a firm believer that if you spend most of your day staring at your display then you need to make sure you have the best view. There are many factors that come into play when you’re looking to buy a monitor; price, size, resolution, etc. I found it extremely helpful to visit justafax.com. It’s a great site that helps you compare these monitors side by side. The website includes all the key points that you need to keep in mind in order to choose the right monitor. Anyone looking to buy a new monitor should visit justafax.com because it’s a simple way of researching exactly what you need to know for each product before making your final conclusion.
0Comment395 of 418 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
I purchased this monitor to upgrade my old VGA display. (1360x768). I myself am a very serious pc gamer and find it a requirement to have the best display for the game so it may be played how it is meant to be played. I find that this monitor is perfect for the job. (Just a note 1080p looks better the smaller the screen goes so buying a 32 inch 1080p TV may look different)

Pros
-Colors are Brilliant - The black levels on this screen are incredible. Everything is clearly defined. (Tested with same games as below)
-NO GHOSTING - (Running DVI-D) I've played starcraft II, WarZ, Arma II, Left 4 Dead, Crysis, and few other games and have seen absolutely no ghosting of the image whatsoever.
-Very low power consumption. This is the first monitor i've seen to have an external transformer(odd)
-Very slim and sleek design.
-Settings easily changeable
-The ports that the DVI-D and the VGA cables plug in are actually stable compared to other monitors that seem to be very very loose
-Responds almost instantly when the computer comes out of sleep.
-Many integrated settings to save power although it will distort the amazing colors when enabled.(Eco-Friendly)
-ALL packaging material is recyclable.

Cons
-The stand isn't the greatest. It can be tightly screwed on but can only be moved on a tilt forward and backward. (Doesn't seem easy to move feels like you can break it)
-This isn't really bad but when you first turn on the monitor you will go blind. The brightness at maximum settings is painful to look at and needs to be turned down.
-DVI-D but DVI-I? The monitor is compatible with the DVI-D connection which I am currently using but it only comes with a DVI-I connector.
-The screen did have a rather large smudge in it when I opened the box but the padding protecting the screen was able to remove it with ease. (Not too bad but annoying)

NOTE: The monitors packaging was a little odd but very protective. The monitor itself was surrounded in a thin padding to prevent scratching. Then it was harnessed by styrofoam to keep it sturdy inside its box. ( This is the odd part) Then that same box was placed inside another box after being surrounded in a layer of paper. I wouldn't worry about breaking the monitor over shipping its pretty darn safe.
77 comments258 of 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2014
If you're looking to upgrade your LCD monitor this LED monitor made my old LCD moniter look like a box Tv
review image
44 comments113 of 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2013
If this is your first LED lit monitor, the first thing you will notice is that it is much brighter than many other non-LED LCD's you might have had. I have mine next to an "older (couple years old)" HP 19 non-LED lit monitor and the difference is night and day. I'll break it down below:

Pro's:

- BRIGHT
- BIG/Widescreen/Thin bezel
- 1080p resolution is gorgeous
- Vivid colors
- Low power consumption
- Price
- Matte display
- Comes with both DVI and VGA cables.

Con's:

- Initial out of box setup was way too bright. Brightness was at 100%. Absolutely KILLS my eyes. But it is adjustable (see below).
- Custom setup of the colors/brightness/etc is tricky. Predefined options are are good starting point but the hardware buttons to select the on screen display are really awkward to use. I had to do my mom's monitor for her. The buttons are mostly hidden out of eyesight and are on the bottom of the bezel.
- Sits low. The included stand does not allow for raising/lowering. Don't bother me personally but I'm sure someone will care. It sits about 2.5" off of the desk. It does tilt, however.
33 comments205 of 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2015
A GR888888 monitor & value & I am very well pleased to add it to my computing needs.
review image
0Comment205 of 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2012
Just received the monitor and got it set up. Everything seems to working fine so far, just wanted to let anyone looking to buy this know that the monitor I got is not what is pictured above. There are apparently two separate Acer G236HL Models. The model I received has a VGA port and a DVI-D port, and not two HDMI ports plus a VGA port, as the product image shows.

Updating this review: Just placed an order for a second monitor. First one is working fine, but now I have a desk large enough for two! Monitor has been working great since purchase and I have no complaints about the product itself.
66 comments236 of 264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2015
After about 1.5 months, the screen showed up with a vertical line of faulty pixels (photos attached). I've always had great experiences with returning items on Amazon, but unfortunately in this case I was passed the 30-day return policy for this item. After contacting Acer (3 year warranty on monitors), I was informed that I would have to ship it to them (at my own cost) and they would assess whether they could repair it - they couldn't even guarantee a replacement or refund. By the time I pack and ship this thing, its cheaper to just buy a new monitor, and not an Asus.

Also (this is kinda funny), the employee that uses this is a graphic designer. And the bright pink/magenta line is the same color as the on-screen guides and rulers in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. She's not a happy camper to say the least LOL

I'm not sure if any other purchasers have encountered this problem...maybe I just got a lemon. I'll update this review if the condition worsens with further use. While my profession is an IT Coordinator, I make a sizable amount of tech purchases. I decided to cut a corner here and thought that I'd venture away from the premium brands, but I learned my lesson.
review image review image
88 comments84 of 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse