5.0 out of 5 stars Great Budget 27" LED LCD Monitor for Work
Published on October 26, 2012 by BMEguy

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright monitor for every day computing.
I wouldn't recommend this monitor for gaming. at 1080p at this size i don't notice muych of a difference than my 24 inch 1080p monitor BUT... if you have the money go for a dell ultrasharp 27 inch IPS. A couple things that are off with thia monitor:

Mine has one dead pixel, not big deal first time i ever had this issue.

The color adjustments are...
Published 10 months ago by matt tewell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Budget 27" LED LCD Monitor for Work, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Acer G276HL Gbd 27" 1080p LED Backlit LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
Got the go ahead to purchase a new monitor for work, settled on this model by Acer. Couldn't be happier. The Acer replaces an old Samsung 24" monitor. The difference is alarming in terms of brightness and contrast. Though, comparing an LED LCD to standard LCD isn't "apples to apples", you will notice the difference, in a good way. I keep the settings at stock and they have been great for the last week. To be honest, despite the 3" gain in screen real estate over the Samsung, the monitor doesn't appear that much larger, probably due to how noticeably thin the monitor is; the Samsung is a bit hefty. You could pick up a cheaper monitor at Costco, but if it's not your dime, this would be an excellent choice for work. It's also been very helpful with creating solidmodels with solidworks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, March 22, 2013
Pros:
Price can't be beat.
It is huge. I can read news articles reclining in my chair. Games are really immersive, you will feel like you are in them.
It does not ghost. Games look great.
The picture is beautiful and crisp. Good view angles. No dead pixels.

Cons:
As stated in other reviews, it does not have HDMI.

Other:
Others have stated that 1920 x 1080 on a monitor this big is not a high enough resolution. Sure, I would like more resolution, but I didnt want to pay more than twice as much. If you are going to complain about the resolution, pony up the extra three hundred bucks and get a 27" with higher resolution. Or, buy two of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Monitor, Craptastic Bezel, December 26, 2012
K. Medeiros (Coeur d' Alene, ID) - See all my reviews
This monitor is amazing for the price, especially at the sub $200 price range. It's a VA panel which is most like an S-IPS and right on par with other, pricier monitors. The display is beautiful and 1920x1080 is suitable for most people. Graphic artists and web designers that are looking for more screen real estate should look at higher resolution monitors though. Gamers...this is your ticket. This monitor is amazing, the colors are bright and the saturation is near perfect. No noticeable light bleed or dead pixels.

My only complaint about this monitor is the bezel. God forbid you get a fingerprint on it when setting it up and try to wipe it off. You're going to scratch this shiny black plastic right up, no matter what you clean it with. I used a micro fiber cloth to get off some fingerprints only to scratch the shiny coat and not get the fingerprints off. The finger oils seem to seep right under the clear coat and no amount of buffing gets them out. This isn't really noticeable unless you have light reflecting the right way on it. This is a flaw of the "piano black" finish that most LCDs and monitors have these days and not necessarily a problem with just this model, however I have a pair of 22 inch Acer's that have a matte black finish that are as beautiful as the first day I purchased them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitors, December 11, 2012
Purchased two of these for a home office set-up. Vivid picture, resolution that meets my needs, and plug and play capability. Also, the warranty is much better than competitor brands. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright monitor for every day computing., January 4, 2014

Mine has one dead pixel, not big deal first time i ever had this issue.

The color adjustments are horrible in the menu. This was clearly designed for the every day user and not a professional editor or gamer, neither of which i am... seriously why only brightness, contrast, and rgb color adjustments? Anyways what i ended up doing on ym nvdia graphics card was setting the brightness and contrast at 100 and 100 and the RGB at 60/81/100
Then in the nvidia control panel i have the settings set at 45% brightness, 32 % contrast, gamma at .70 and then the digital brightness if you scroll down at 65% (added a lot of color)
I also have the icc profile for the VG24qe i had before this one from nvidia if you download it from asus website applied. It took me a few days to get the color all adjusted and it still isn't perfect. But viewing angles are alot better than my 144hz asus monitor. And that monitor was horrible at projected certain shades of color. It would usually show black colors a yucky distorted red sprinkles of mess, this doesnt do that. It also glowed at the edges of the screen.

Another issue which is slight is the cheap stand with this. This monitor feels like a piece of cardboard, its light, thin (which are good) but it wobbles around becuase of the stand. And if i have a cable plugged in it also ways down one side of the monitor and makes it look slightly unlevel. Not a big deal if you arn't an easily bothered person like me. I have the slim bezel version and i bought 3 of these from newegg for 200 a piece. Then i bought a monitor stripple stand and adjusted each one to look level and it looks buietifull in my basement dungeon lol.

One thing you can do if you prefered a high hz monitor but wanted better color with this monitor is if you go to your nvdia or catalyst control panel set the resolution at 1920x1080p @ 65 hz. Or if you want to run a low resolution like 900p go with 70hz. I love overclocking the pixel clock with this bad boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointed., March 3, 2013
**Update 3/8/13**
So the quality of the monitor significantly increased once I plugged it into my graphics card on my new computer, the reason the quality was so slow before is because the laptop I was using could push to a second monitor efficiently. But with a dedicated graphics card I am satisfied with this monitor. Will recommend.

-------------
We'll start with the packaging, sufficient but not very comforting when the monitor box ships in an amazon box nearly twice(!) it's size with some brown paper(?) for padding, shipped by amazon.

As some reviewers have stated, there is NO HDMI port, why it's in the description still is beyond me.
The only ports are DVI and VGA lol.

In terms of quality it is good but not great for general applications, I bought this monitor for gaming but my rig is not completed yet so I can't speak to its quality for gaming...yet but I will update after build is complete.

Overall I kept the box in case of return, and I think that says enough.

However if you're not a gamer, this is a sick monitor for sure.

Pros:
-WIDE!
-VGA works for my laptop
-It's big!
-Price

Cons:
-No HDMI
-Slightly unstable stand
-Not the best packaging( I know this does not have to do with the monitor but you should know)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, February 4, 2013
I was surprised wit the image quality of this display. The information about technology it utilizes (TN vs VA) is controversial, but viewing angles are huge, so VA seems more likely. The only one drawback I noticed was the absence of any regulations of the stand. It would be nice to be able to tune the vertical angle at least.

Anyway this is a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is my flat screen TV, February 8, 2013
I don't have a gargantuan flat screen TV, and this is the reason why. Reclining in bed and viewing from a distance of 6 or 7 feet, the size and brightness of this model are perfect; furthermore, the VA panel prevents the distortion that my older TN panel monitor harassed me with while viewing from below the screen. I've had only positive experiences with Acer monitors; the design of this one is elegant and I have yet to find a flaw with its performance. If you want an HDMI connector and crappy speakers, pay more and get model G276HLDbmid, which appears otherwise identical to this model.

PROS: Best bang for the buck. VA panel truly offers superior viewing angles. It's an Acer.

CONS: None yet.

ASUS P5VD2-MX SE mobo
CM Storm Scout Case
Acer G276HL Dbd 27-Inch
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, January 10, 2013
This was a great buy and worked great! I am very happy with this monitor and how it performed for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid picture but, as mentioned, no HDMI., March 2, 2013
After receiving the monitor it was apparent that it wasn't going to work with HDMI since the monitor didn't have an HDMI input. I read the reviews from other people and knew what I was ordering despite what the description on Amazon was saying. So the 4 stars is for what I knew I was getting....although if I didn't know than I'd be going with 1 star. The monitor does have the picture quality that was expected and the bezel and stand make it look sleek so if HDMI is not a must have for you than you shouldn't be disappointed.

Looks like the HDMI feedback to Amazon has gotten their attention since they pulled the monitor although I wonder why they still allow 3rd party sellers to use the misleading description.

Acer G276HL Gbd 27" 1080p LED Backlit LCD Monitor