Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on September 29, 2015
very good. I got used one. it was like 190. super nice one.
on September 11, 2015
More than 2 years later and my monitor still works as expected. DVI and VGA connections are included at the bottom rear of the monitor panel. The profile surrounding the screen is slim (3/4 in exactly), making the product feel modern and adaptable to any environment. The stand is sturdy, but not adjustable unfortunately. To provide an idea of the available screen space; I use this monitor frequently with MS Word, which allows me to skim through and see 2 pages at a time (maybe 4 if you adjust the zoom). The monitor is also great for those doing work in Photoshop or Indesign, allowing you to see most standard size paper at full size - great for proofing. While the resolution can be considered pretty low with available options such as Retina and 4K, rest assured that for the average user this will do fine.
on July 29, 2015
Great monitor; great price.
on July 15, 2015
This was used as a work monitor for one of my co-workers and they enjoy it
on June 10, 2015
on April 30, 2015
on April 17, 2015
Exactly what I expected!!!
on March 16, 2015
fairly good monitor. I am not wild about the new wider screens but that is just a personal preference. the monitor performs flawlessly.
on February 26, 2015
(note.. this is a copy and paste of the same review I posted on newegg where I bought this.. of course the amazon bots won't let me mention the price I purchased it at (rolls eyes) but keep an eye out for the newegg website, I got this monitor on sale at a significant discount compared to normal retail sale price ... and obviously around Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Christmas sales would be a good time to check too in case it goes on sale around that time, BF Ads.. google it.. came in very helpful for me far as alerting me to the fact the monitor was on sale to begin my case as the date for this review indicates I purchased this on sale in February 2015) ...

For the price I paid for this 27 inch monitor (that is, it was priced significantly lower than other 27 inch monitors at the time with the same level of resolution, 1920 by 1080) you really can't complain.... I was a bit nervous after reading the negative reviews but my daughter and I (it's on her PC, felt bad for her given I and her brother have 27 or larger inch monitors and she didn't) are quite happy with it , colors and video look crisp and sharp ...looked up a recent (as in produced this past year, 2014 to 2015) video in high definition and looked absolutely wonderful. Five nights at Freddy's looked good, unfortunately didn't have a more demanding game graphics-wise installed on the PC at the time... Not seeing the problem with the monitor being super-bright that others have commented on - I'm guessing it varies from person to person based on individual preference, the way your PC was set up to begin with, lighting in the room you're in and so forth (we haven't tried using the monitor during night time yet will try to remember to report back here with an update)....

Adjusting the monitor is a bit strange in that it's not immediately and visibly obvious how to do it at first unlike other monitors.. or to put it another way the monitor looks so "stiff" and not-sturdy-looking you're afraid to grab the screen and adjust it the way you normally would because you're afraid you're going to break it... looking at the instructions on the included CD however assured me that yes, you can grab the monitor screen with both hands and gently tilt in the desired direction (not a huge amount of play but enough to adjust it from the drastic " tilt " position it comes in when you take it brand new out of the box) until the monitor screen is fully upright or whatever position you want it at ... there's a tiny little picture posted on the box itself on one corner that the monitor comes in that kind of shows you what to do too but if you're nervous at all just pop the CD that comes with the monitor into your computer and follow the instructions that come up, it'll tell you MOST of what you need to know... an odd oversight on ASUS's part (see below)...

It could also be confusing to some people how to attach the monitor to the base although I was able to puzzle it out without looking at the instructions (though at first I thought to myself man that's a strange looking setup!) ... there's a hinged piece that connects in between the monitor and the stand cross-piece on the bottom (which is admittedly small and flimsy looking but it seems to hold the monitor's weight comfortably enough) , as opposed to the hinge piece and cross-stand on the bottom being a single attached unit as one might expect... I put the hinge part into the monitor, screwed it in with a phillips screwdriver (which is another minor con, I can't imagine a house without a philips and a flat head screwdriver.. but if you don't have either one around for some reason you can't put the monitor together) ... then screwed the cross-piece base onto the bottom with a flat head screwdriver... or maybe it was flat head for the one and phillips for the other can't remember now ... either way, a minor inconvenience at best.

Those used to a single power cord (connecting the monitor to the electrical outlet that is) might also be initially confused at the fact that the power cord comes in two parts, something Asus could easily have accounted for by including a picture of how they go together the way they did for the stand in the instructions ... one cord plugs into your electrical outlet, plug that into the other cord that plugs directly into the monitor itself, and you're good to go... yes, yes I know a lot of people are computer literate nowadays and are probably sneering at the fact that I'm spelling out what probably seems obvious to a lot of people but bear in mind there are others who are brand-new to computers and would find themselves floundering at what might seem like a confusing setup given how this compares to other monitors far as the "multiple pieces" that have to be put together (again, very easy for me and a lot of folks.. but maybe not all people).

The monitor comes with a DVI-D and VGA cord but that's probably no surprise at all to most people familiar with monitor purchases (that is these are the "standard" cables included with a lot of monitors)... my DVI-D cable was long enough to snake back to my PC no problem as most DVI cables tend to be (think it's the standard length most DVI-D cables are - probably a 3 foot long cable? Someone leave a comment correcting me if I'm wrong )

Overall I really can't complain, as far as I'm concerned definitely deserves the 5 star rating I gave it and I definitely agree with other reviewers who say the picture looks great on it! If I don't update this review with anything negative in the months or years to come assume that I'm still quite happy with my purchase :) ..
on December 7, 2014
Absolutely love this monitor. My kids love it for movies and I have found it to be remarkable for editing photos. Would definitely recommend. Resolution and color are gorgeous. Great buy.