5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Picture!
Published 13 months ago by Sky D.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, nice buy, but not as amazing as other people claim
Pros: Good pice, good build quality and astheticly pleasing. Over all decent picture

Cons: contrast is not that good, colors are not as vibrate and wonderful as the other reviews made it sound

First off I'd like to point out that I'm giving it 3 stars because I was completely underwhelmed by the resulting image of the product, but that's not to say...
Published 2 months ago by Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Picture!, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Acer H226HQL bid 21.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
I had originally bought a ASUS VN247H-P but after 15 mins of using it, it had 2 dead pixels. So I returned it. I chose to get this after getting recommendations from various sites. I'm so happy with this monitor. It looks beautiful and I should have chosen this one from the get go. I use it for console gaming right now and there isn't any input lag at all. Everything runs smooth on driving, FPS, and other fast paced games. The only thing that I wish it had was VESA mounts. I don't use them but for people who would want a multi display setup, that feature would be very useful. I highly recommend this to someone looking for a beautiful IPS display.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crisp., March 4, 2013
I'm giving 4 stars to start with as I just received this monitor today. Easy setup, great looking screen. HD video (Blu-Ray) content looks great so far, pictures are clear and crisp, text is clean and clear.

It is a glossy screen, so you will see reflections in brighter light, however I'm not seeing a huge issue with this so far.

I would recommend this monitor simply for the price to quality ratio.

4.0 out of 5 stars Silver logo aside, this was just what I was looking for., January 16, 2014
Stuart (Corvallis, OR) - See all my reviews
I discovered this monitor when I was about to purchase the Dell 22 inch IPS glossy. I wanted an IPS glossy screen, 1080p, 22 inch. This gives a nice small pixel size. Really would be a 4.5 rating so far.

Pros: This monitor was incredibly inexpensive, and provides a color/look very similar to the 21.5 inch iMac display or, dare I say it, the 27 inch Thunderbolt display(Keep in mind that you could buy eight of these monitors for the price of one Thunderbolt Display). It may not be identical, but it has the same bright, vivid look, with really bright whites. It is incredibly glossy, so keep that in mind. Also, where the Dell comes with either a DVI port on an HDMI port, this monitor comes with both a DVI port and an HDMI port.

Cons: The Acer logo on the front is supposed to be black, and the logo for the monitor I got is silver. If the monitor was a bit more expensive, I may have returned it over this, but seriously, if it's the Acer or Dell logo, I would rather have the Acer logo. Second, the VGA, HDMI, and DVI port plug in horizontally, which is kind of weird.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor., July 8, 2014
This monitor is so sleek and looks amazing. The color quality is superb. I have this hooked up to my IMac for an extended desktop and I am very pleased. There are different modes for you to tweak if you want a hgiher backlight brightness or temperature. This monitor comes with all the cables for all the inputs (HDMI, DVI and VGA) which is great. Saving money on cables is always a plus. This monitor does not have built in speakers which is not a big deal for me as I have a pair of desktop speakers hooked up to it. Gaming is great as well, I hooked my ps4 to it and the refresh is smooth as butter with no ghosting effects. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful monitor, great price, November 14, 2013
Over the last few months I have purchased about 30 of these monitors for my business. For the price you can't do any better. I have yet to find a dead pixel or have any issues whatsoever. My employees have not had any complaints either. And because it comes with VGA, DVI, and HDMI cables, I didn't have to purchase anything else to get them hooked up.

I have one side-by-side with my iMac, and it looks great. I honestly don't know which monitor I prefer, they both are beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I replaced an older monitor that failed, January 23, 2014
C. Crain "Kwilting mama" (San Juan Capistrano, CA) - See all my reviews
This monitor was easy to install and the picture clarity and detail is far superior to my old one. Very glad I ordered this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor. No disappointments so far., January 10, 2014
Good decent size monitor. Good color. IPS. So far I'm liking it. Though, the screen does not go all the way to the sides as it would seem. I would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor!, June 5, 2014
Adjust the brightness cause the default is way to strong!
Other than that no dead pixels and love the high resolution. Deep blacks. No ghosting in fps games. Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp Display, Excellent Value, Minor Quibbles, May 3, 2014
Although prices on this monitor appear to fluctuate regularly, I got mine for $119.99. At that price, there isn't much room for complaint. Nonetheless, although these are hardly deal-breakers, there are a few negatives.

-- The screen is very glossy, and reflects noticeably in bright light.

-- The OSD buttons require a fair amount of pressure; they are not optimally positioned; and they aren't very intuitive.

-- The monitor tilts, but does not raise or lower.

-- The monitor doesn't align perfectly with the stand, so a perpendicular angle on the monitor doesn't result in quite the same angle on the stand.

On the plus side, the image is excellent (I dialed down the brightness quite a bit, but that's a matter of taste). The monitor supports VGA, HDMI, and DVI, and it includes all three cables (that's becoming increasingly rare).

5.0 out of 5 stars ACER H226HQL 21.5-inch Monitor, January 12, 2014
Very timely shipping, in excellent condition - even in Christmas shipping times. Very easy to set up and performance excellent. Thought I'd connect with the VGA system but my computer grandson suggested the VDI instead. Better choice.Very bright. light
and easy to view. Recommend it to anyone.

Rate and Discover Movies