This tablet is very impressive and I was shocked when i realized how nice this tablet actually is. I own 4 tablets as well as a Kindle Fire, and this tablet definitely keeps up with everything I throw at it. It is surprisingly fast and rich in features.

Published 10 months ago by Anthony

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent tablet for a 3 year old
My son loves playing with his Mom's phone, but I always try (unsuccessfully) to dissuade her from leaving her expensive phone in the hands of our rough-and-tumble toddler. I thought getting him his own tablet for Christmas would give him a sense of independence and get Mom's more expensive phone out of harm's way. It's a decent tablet considering it's low price, but there...
Published 8 months ago by Lee Traylor

5.0 out of 5 stars This has to be one of the best Android tablets for the price!, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Acer Iconia B1-710-L401 7.0-inch 8GB Tablet (Pure White) (Personal Computers)

This is NOT one of those "cheap" tablets that are always run-of-the-mill, and lack in features. It has Google Play where as others don't. Oddly enough, this tablet keeps up with one of my other tablets that I paid about twice the price for. Also, I noticed that this tablet is the exact same size as an iPad mini.

I really have no complaints about this tablet. Everything works as expected and often times better than expected. It really does.

As for people who complain that it is plastic, that complaint is ridiculous. Of course it is made from durable plastic, That kind of complaint is most likely made by people who have iPhones that have metal backs, other than that, they are plastic as well! Not to mention, the problem you see on EVERY iPhone is that the metal backs are seriously scratched up, where as this isn't. So keep that in mind.

If you want to be a hipster that has a scratched iPad like everyone else, then go ahead.... However, if you want an incredible Android tablet for an incredible price, then you found it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Android tablet, can't beat the value!, May 31, 2014
Jenn (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
Pros:

+ Price
+ Android OS & the Google Play marketplace for apps (many are free)
+ Fits nicely into your hands
+ Fits nicely into a purse / bag
+ Lightweight
+ The screen can be dimmed down nicely (I hate blaring bright screens in the dark, it hurts my eyes)
+ Video runs smoothly
+ Picks up wifi just fine

Cons:

- The volume doesn't get up loud (but neither does a phone & you have to realize that this isn't that much bigger than a phone). I choose to use my earbuds for any apps with sound (e.g. Duolingo)
- Battery life is good but not great

Other:

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago, so I have not attempted to use the camera. I have no use for the camera because I use my PC with Skype.

Overall impression:

I'm 35, so I use my tablet primarily to check business messages (e-mail and social media). I'm not a gamer.

The reason I purchased this tablet is because my iPhone broke and instead of getting another expensive smart phone, I opted for a basic no-contract phone. However, I started missing the ability to check FB and e-mail when I'm not in my office. Coming from using an apple product every day, I honestly didn't expect much. I had two no name android tablets before and they were terrible... so much so that I gave them to my kids.

I took a chance on this product because 1) the price is amazing and 2) I have an Acer PC that seems indestructible.

I'm very satisfied with my tablet and I am glad I took a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Tablet, January 1, 2014
I bought this ACER Tablet for my 11 year old Grandson for Christmas. He loved it. I also bought a 16gb SD Card to expand the memory because he loves music and I knew he would most likely use the 8gb's up. The tablet is smooth and very fast considering that it is only a dual core processor. He should get a lot of use out of it and you cannot beat the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, December 28, 2013
I was concerned this tablet would not perform well because it was not expensive. Very happily surprised with its performance. Loads fast, the battery does not get hot, and the graphics are clear and sharp. I didn't give it 5 stars because the viewing screen doesn't always expand ti fill total screen area available.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the buy, works well., September 15, 2013
i am very pleased with this product, it is serving the purpose for which it was bought, and i would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, February 11, 2014
Usually when I get something cheap it is truly cheap. I bought my first tablet a couple of years ago it was truly horrid. It had issues with YouTube and.wouldn't load most apps. This tablet is a vast improvement. It has met or exceeded most expectations. I was especially pleased when I discovered it had 12 gigs of internal memory. 50% more than the 8 gigs that were advertised. Usually I get less than I paid for, this time I got more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with the purchase..., November 24, 2013
In a simple review. Excellent tablet as seller for price!!! Truly recommend it....Excellent for children over 10 years!!! buy this tablet you'll not regret.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, June 8, 2014
Why would anyone buy an ipad when they have these for so much cheaper? Works great, battery life is not the best but that is the only downside. Very clear screen. Does not have a car charger and DO NOT plug the usb charger into anything besides the provided wall jack or it will fry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the $120, April 8, 2014
I thought it would be a little crappy, honestly, with the price tag, but it actually turned out to be a great tablet that fits all of my needs. The only downside is that the camera is only facing me. There is no outside camera. And the volume on it is really terrible. I just use headphones or separate speakers for it. But it's okay. I wasn't expecting gold. It was a good purchase, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did my homework, walked away with this one., June 5, 2014
For the money I think this is a great buy. It's not the normal junk tablets we all made the mistake of buying at some point for 50 bucks . The a-1 Acer tablet is in the top 25 tablets, This however is the b-1 and not on that list however it is a value tablet. For what it cost I think anyone would be impressed .

Rate and Discover Movies