Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on January 8, 2015
Great product
on November 20, 2014
The previous owner didn't take his password off so I couldn't open it up. Sent it back
on July 17, 2014
I received the tablet way to late for a gift..purchased one locally
on February 21, 2014
It has everything I need to use with my quilt machine. Easy to use, easy to find information. Fits perfectly in the holder
on January 19, 2014
I've been pleasantly surprised with this tablet. I will start this off by saying that I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and it has significantly improved the quality of this device. I have an iPad for work, so I'm able to compare the two types - both have their ups and downs.

I really like the ability to access the apps and desktop with the touch of an app - you don't get that with an iPad and I think it's what makes you feel like "this is really a computer" vs a mobile device (which it is too). The apps are pretty customizable, even more so now with 8.1. The availability of apps was pretty weak before, but more and more seem to be coming out! The Fresh Paint (8.1 version of Windows Paint) is awesome. It has a very detailed palette that anyone will enjoy. I also use my tablet obsessively with my library books (Overdrive specifically). In combination with that app, it is a fantastic e-reader! My significant other love using the tablet with Netflix and watching movies in bed. What I personally find really cool is that I can install Spotify to the desktop and still listen for free - you can't do that without paying on the ipad or other mobile devices. Spotify still recognizes the tablet as a desktop! I was initially worried about writing and should I buy the Office suite or not - but at the moment I have Google drive/Docs installed and that works well for me! I like that apps are constantly being updated and improved, but that newer ones are always coming out. There are also lots of 'inspired by' apps by third parties, so just proceed with caution. Internet browsing is fine - I have Chrome installed so it actually syncs my bookmarks from all other Chromes I have installed!

The battery life is awesome - it lasts a very long time, over a week with one full charge. More during times when I'm not using it constantly. It feels good in my hands, it's not crazy heavy. I actually like the plastic back because it doesn't feel slippery.

I will add a few things that I'm not crazy about or hope could improve one day -
-You can't pinch and zoom - while this isn't a big deal, it's kinda annoying with internet browsing sometimes. You can just make your text larger.
-hard to find keyboard dock - I have been trying to find an affordable keyboard dock to go with this tablet. If you get the option to, and can afford it, I think I would suggest it. I may try to find an off market bluetooth keyboard soon, but I want the docking one and am worried it wont be compatible. I instead found a cheapy silicon one that rolls up on ebay that connects via USB. Seems okay for now.
-camera still kinda off - I sort of wish the camera was better for taking pictures. I'm still getting used to it. But I'm not the kind of person that holds up their tablet up in the air as a tourist taking pictures (and I own a DSLR) so I really don't mind. It's not good at telling you the quality you are shooting at. I couldn't figure out why the photos were so bad at first, then saw it was shooting at 3megapixels instead of the 8 max. Why? why would that even be an option? Who would want to shoot at webcam quality? So I think I'd be more inclined to use it if I saw an update to it later on.

Overall a great tablet for home and being mobile.
on November 1, 2013
I bought the Acer Iconia W510, but what I have to say applies to all of the Acer tablets. First, let me say that the tablet itself has worked well. However there are some things you should know before you buy:
1. If you have any trouble whatsoever with the tablet, Acer support will not even talk to you unless you have either the serial number or SNID number, both of which are printed on the edge of the tablet in size 2 or 3 font and are subject to smearing. If you buy, KEEP THE LABEL FROM THE BOX WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER.
2. Don't buy the tablet without the docking station. If anything goes wrong with the Operating System, you will need the Function keys on the docking station in order to enter the BIOS to change the booting sequence.
3. Immediately upon receipt of the tablet, create a USB recovery drive from the e-recovery partition on the hard drive (if you have one!). If you aren't able to create the USB recovery drive, you will have to access the recovery DVDs that come with the computer. To do that, you will not only have to have a DVD drive with a micro-USB connection, but you will have to have the docking station to access the BIOS.
4. The Acer support people are totally worthless! Acer uses companies in India. There is a language barrier. The support people apparently can only follow their scripts, and they do not listen to what you are telling them.

My complaints about Acer have mostly to do with their support system. If the serial number is going to be the key to accessing support then (1) they should make that very clear and stress the importance of recording the serial number and (2) they should print the serial number on a label in size 12 font, so it's legible, and place it on the back of the tablet, rather than on the edge. In addition, a tablet computer should not REQUIRE a docking station in order to recover its operating system. A docking station for a tablet should be a convenience, not a necessity. Finally, Acer needs to move its support back to the United States and employ people who are not only knowledgeable, but who are able to communicate and are willing to listen to the customer.
on October 27, 2013
I do wish I had waited for the surface 2 , but I didn't know a new one was coming out . I love my Microsoft acer iconia W510 , it's awesome . and u don't have to pay for everything like u do the kindle , the acer tablet lets u look up stuff on line , I just love it ! I didn't order it with the key board , but I hav already ordered me one !
on August 18, 2013
Holy crap. I bought this expecting a product that was mildly reliable but this doesn't even come close. It constantly freezes while doing the simplest tasks such as having two tabs open from internet explorer. This product is horrible and I wish I didn't use my hard earned military money on it.

on May 15, 2013
I got this item as a refurbish tablet never work properly it freeze it the sound was not expected on my second day stop working I never will buy this again
on April 29, 2013
My first Windows Tablet, before i used ipad. Well let me say that it runs fine, quick, start up very fast, The only thing i dont like is Speakers are bit low value, and windows freezes sometimes, Other than that , its fine,