Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 16, 2015
Pros:
- Powerful
- Good screen size
- I personally wanted Windows so this is a good thing for me
- Comes with stand, case and keyboard. Pretty much all you need in one delivery
- I can use all the same programs and even work on this thing, in case of emergency (when main pc is down)
- Usb port

Cons:
- Heavy
- Wifi receiver is not good. I don't get a good reception
- I had a few issues with updates when something would not work and you have to remove what you have and install updates all over again
- After some time screen had bubbles. I guess they glued digitizer to a screen without any quality control

Overall this is a great unit but with my current experience I would buy something else for the same money
on February 25, 2015
good product
on October 2, 2014
When I first got it. The default win 8 was installed. The connection was also to single band wifi. The system was sluggish to get anything done. Also top it off with that I did not like the experience of windows 8 on a desktop PC. So what change my mind? I update the os to win 8.1 and update the drivers off acer website, connect to dual bandwidth wifi and what a difference his system is now. So basically out of the box you can't tell it is useful at all. Now I see where win 8.1 shines. It is on a tablet not a desktop pc. Its been easy to maneuver my way through the os but wish a trackpad or ball was on the unit. Since it is running full win 8 cant escape from using a mouse at times in software.
on August 16, 2014
I have had for over a year and I simply love this device. It is fast and powerful in a small package. I have bought acer computers exclusively for the past few years and have not been disappointed.
on July 3, 2014
Excelent computer. Very confortable for travel.
on May 18, 2014
My Iconia has the wireless wifi problem but I went to the shop and buyed a $5,00 Wireless USB Adapter and is working fine now.
on January 16, 2014
I had this table for about 1 month and it works very well. In fact, its better then I expected.
The table is really fast and boots up in 6 -8 seconds. Its even faster bootup from sleep mode. It runs all my software and tools.
The graphics card is fast too. I downloads a racing car game and there was NO delay in the graphics, the card was able to handle the HIGH and QUICK resolution. Battery time is about 8 hours if you keep the brightness low. At day time its alittle harder to see the screen but if you turn up the brightness it seems good. I use my cell phone as a hot-spot so I have internet anywhere I go with my tablet.

CONS: tablet bigger then regular ones and little bit heavier

PRO: You get a lot of accessories , fast boots, big screen, win8.1, long batter life

All-in-all, its a perfect tablet for me.
on December 29, 2013
I wish I had waited. This is much heavier than all the newer windows tablets that have come out since.
on October 29, 2013
While this tablet is arguably one of the best high quality and value windows 8 tablets out there, the flaws limit the customers to technical people. Here is my review after 6 months of usage.

If you want something that works perfectly out of the box and without ever having to do anything to it, this device is not for you. It will cause hours of frustrations and yelling at this inanimate object before you return it back to the store; however, it can potentially be a practical device if you're willing to work with it.

Pros:

Design - The tablet is relatively light at ~2 lbs despite its 11.6 inch screen and feels great. However, it feels a bit flimsy, so I would not expect this to survive a fall without a case. All the buttons and jacks are solid, and no issues with any of the accessories.

Screen - At ~190 ppi, the text is very clear and comparable to the retina display by Apple. The colors for the most part are vivid and stunning, but it can occasionally look a little bit over exposed or washed out when there's too many bright colors on the screen. Outdoor is reading fine for the most part.

Hardware - It's fast as expected with an i3. As a productivity device, this thing can handle whatever I throw at it. See "Personal Use" above for what I use the device for. Overheating has never been a problem for me, even after hours of usage daily. It gets warm, but not hot.

Cons:

Wifi card - The stock wifi card is TERRIBLE. A/B testing it with other wifi cards, it is about 50-70% weaker and frequently disconnects. After googling around, there is a way to update the driver to a certain version that's better, but it was still 40-50% slower than most wifi cards. For this reason, I carry an external wifi card around. It is unbearable without this fix.

Battery - I measure the battery decline percentage with a software for charge lost over time. At first, the tablet was maintaining 6.5 - 7 hours; however, within 2 months, the battery life declined to 5.5 hours. In 3 months, it decreased to 5 hours. Lithium ion batteries lose charge over time, but not this quickly. As a result, I contacted support (support is terrible), and finally argued to have them look at my device. Currently, I am getting 5-5.5 hour battery life, so we'll see what happens.

Windows 8 upgrading/reformatting issues - I upgraded my tablet to windows 8.1, and my device slowed down considerably. This maybe be an isolated problem, but I had to reformat it to fix the issue. I reformatted the device using bootable usb, and now everything is okay again.

Lack of accessories and support - There is no good case out there for this tablet. All the ones on amazon are pretty awful, and support is also non existent. If the next generation tablets come out, I would not be surprised if Acer stops supporting this tablet.

Other Thoughts:

-There is a way to dual boot android 4.2.2 onto this device. Google around for the method. It will take a lot of time, patience, and troubleshooting.

-The stock keyboard is great, but I can't use it without a trackpad or mouse. As a result, I bought a logitech keyboard.

-If you have trouble with hand gestures, try recalibrating your touch settings.

-Personal Uses: This is my portable laptop for productivity. I use it for web browsing, photoshop, data analysis (working with 1 million+ dataset), and more. This thing handles almost everything I throw at it without lagging.

-Suggested things to carry: I carry it with my charger, a logitech wireless portable keyboard with a trackpad, a USB hub, and a wifi card.

-Increase the tablet display resolution to 140-160%

FEEL FREE to ask me any questions in the comments. I will try to answer them quickly.
88 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2013
The WiFi on this never worked from Day 1. Do a quick Google search and you will see that there are literally thousands of posts about this known issue. They kept saying it was drivers.... well 8 months later I finally sent it in for service thinking the problem must be related to a loose antenna connection, etc. The notes to the tech clearly stated that it was not a driver issue. Two weeks later I get the machine back -- and the tech updated the drivers. Guess what -- it still does not work! Acer is unwilling to stand behind this defective product that was KNOWINGLY sold while defective. They refuse to do anything but hold my machine captive for another two weeks and hope/pray that it actually comes back fixed next time. Given that the tech could not even read the notes that said it was not a driver problem (because I spent 8 months going down that road) I have no confidence.

Acer products seem poor. Their service is even worse. I got transferred to a "corporate customer care" person who could do nothing but parrot back what the techs told me. Stay away from this product -- and probably anything else Acer.