Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

on August 28, 2013
This computer is great. It is what I have been waiting for, a fully power windows PC in tablet form.
The computer is relatively high powered for a tablet and a computer of the price.
The keyboard is great, this tablet is very widescreen which means the keyboard has the space to be less compact than most 11 in keyboards.
The keyboard feels great while typing.
The tablet comes with a bluetooth mouse which is not always necessary but handy at times.
The touch works great.
There was not much bloatware preinstalled
The case with the bluetooth keyboard has a little notch/slot system to allow the user to type and use the computer in their lap as a laptop unlike most tablets/cases (this is my favorite feature).
This is extremely lightweight which is great for school.
The screen powers off when you shut the case and powers back on when the case is opened.

So far I have not found many, I sometimes wish there was a touchpad built in to the case in addition to the keyboard.
There is only one USB port which is a bit limiting.
The keyboard is very thin and as a result has a tendency to move with typing.
The keyboard is micro USB charged the included cord is incredibly short as it is intended to be used to power the keyboard from the computer. However I wish is had come with a decent length cord.
The computer came with an adapter for the microHDMI but is goes to VGA?
The case is a little inconvenient when you wish to use the tablet as a tablet, you can't just flip the keyboard behind (or rather you can but you will hit keys as the keyboard remains on) and the case is a little difficult to remove.

I previously bought/returned the surface and I actually like this device more than the surface.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2013
Normally I am way to lazy to write reviews but this product just made me so happy that I have to write a short review.
It is my first tablet ever and probably like everybody else I was tied up for for days reading through reviews and test reports. Finally I convinced myself to go for the Acer Aspire P3 due to its relatively low price, features and good (unless only 5) reviews here on amazon.
First of all I am not a guy who looks meticulously looks into details if the max screen size is 1366×768 or somewhat higher or if the processor is 1.5 or 1.8 as long as the resolution looks nice and the device runs smoothly. I mainly bought a Hybrid because I wanted a device capable of replacing my old Laptop as a work tool for the university but also for leisure activities like watching a movie or reading/playing something while traveling.
And the Acer P3 does just that. It was set up and ready to go in about 5minutes, runs perfectly smooth, both for working and watching HD movies and it just looks great and is awesome to handle.
Just to cut to the chase, here is a list of my personal pro's and con's:

- Easy set up
- Boots in approximately 1.5 minutes
- Great screen resolution (just looks high def even if it is not)
- Win8 is awesome and you can personalize nearly everything
- Great price compared to similar devices
- Comes with Case, Keyboard which are both very handy and neat looking. E.g. you do not have to switch the keyboard on or,off. It simply shuts itself down when not used or comes to life immediately after you start to type on it.
- Also included: a bluetooth mouse (batteries included), miniUSB to USB adapter, micro HDMI to VGA, cleaning cloth, Lite on adapter for 100-240V (very good since I am from Europe 😉)
- Overall just everything what i expected from a Hybrid

- Battery life with approx. 5h shorter than for example the Acer W700
- It is a bit tricky to get the tablet out of the case
- A lot of preinstalled crap like McAfee or stupid Acer apps. But you can get rid of everything very easily and and than set up everything you like and know.
- Only microHdmi to Vga and not microHdmi to Hdmi or Dvi

Of course I knew about these cons beforehand and they did not really influence my buying decision simply because I can overlook/fix (e.g. buy an hdmi adapter😊) them due to my preferences and the price of this Win8 tablet.

I have been intensively using the Acer Aspire P3 for 4 days now. I hope it furthermore runs as smoothly as it does so far.

Sorry for misspellings and bad grammar etc but English is not my mother tongue....

Hope I could be of some help to any struggling buyer 😉
on October 8, 2013
Hello folks, the following information is shared to the best of my knowledge and experience with the unit. Just to give you a piece of mind, I am an IT professional with over 10 years of experience including mobile solutions (i.e. phones, tablets, etc.)

I decided purchase this product purely for business. This means no games and no major processing involved - such as running applications such as Photoshop® or AutoDesk®. I use it to browse the web, work on documents, and even take it out for presentations. Occasionally, I like to play tablet games here and there and watch some movies on Netflix®. I can barely feel any delay because the applications that I use are small and require very little memory (RAM). If you use this purely for the same reasons that I have, I doubt that you would be disappointed. Keep in mind that this may be designed as a tablet, but the parts are purely made for a PC, this means that the weight of the device may be slightly heavier than your standard iPad® or Android® Tablets. But for the cost and and simplicity of a mobile office with touch screen - it was one of the best investments I have made this year.

The final warning I can provide is regarding Windows 8 - I know that several people dislike it so far, but for those who are technically savvy, please take the time to play with it and understand its potential. I didn't like it at all in the beginning, but when I grew to understand the functions of the OS, I came to realize that it this technology is ahead of its time and that when I needed certain features to be performed, it was ready and waiting the whole time that I had doubted it.

Final note: I don't like the search feature in Windows 8 but it doesn't mean that I couldn't work with it, this is just my opinion. Regardless, this is a great PC/Tablet - it is easy to use, easy to learn to navigate and explore (well for me anyway), fairly light, and the price was fairly alright. The simplicity is there and as I had stated before, you get what you pay for.

I hope this helps you in your decisions - best of luck!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2013
I am not any kind of expert on computers, but I had an Aspire One which was great for travelling - small and light. I wanted something that could work as a tablet/ereader/and could also perform as a PC for work-related Quickbooks & Office tasks, that I could travel with. I think this will be perfect for that. Way better than the laptop I have had to take prior to this.

It's thin, lightweight and fast. Great display, I love the keyboard and the touchscreen is very responsive. It starts almost immediately when I open it. Windows 8 was a bit of a learning curve for me (I have used Windows 7 for a few years and like it) but I am getting onto it now, and like it. I have had it for about a week, so I still have a lot to learn about Win 8. I also like that I can switch easily to a more traditional desktop view when using programs..

I like Chrome as a browser - loaded with no problem. And it is fine as an ereader with the Kindle app (although I like the Ipad mini or Kindle a little better because they are smaller and lighter).

But this is useful and fun. I am very happy with it. I had none of the problems expressed in other reviews.
on October 30, 2013
I wanted a Surface pro, but all it took was lifting it up and I realized that it was way too heavy to hold as a tablet. And although the Surface Pro has a few specs that are better, the P3 is a great alternative that's lighter in weight and includes a very good keyboard. So far, I love it.
on January 22, 2014
I've had this tablet for 4 months now and when I first used it I was completely happy, and still am. It is very responsive and very fast with or without turbo boost. I like that it came with a bluetooth mouse, I wasn't expecting that. This is perfect as a tablet or laptop and out performs others that cost over $1000, I was lucky to get it at $699 price drop. Acer has drivers for 8.1 so I did a clean upgrade and I have to say the tablet runs better and better battery efficiency. At first I did a regular upgrade and I had crazy issues with the 8.1 upgrade but I spoke with Acer and found out why, Intel drivers cause issues with the upgrade so any Intel drivers or software needs to be uninstalled first. This is why I did a "clean" 8.1 install.

Upgrade issues I experienced:
1. VGA driver did not work so watching video was pointless.
2. Bluetooth driver did not work, unable to use mouse and keyboard.
3. Tablet gets VERY hot.
4. Intel software will not work.

After a clean upgrade I had none of these issues and no issues in general. Also streaming movies is flawless and I use a bluetooth headset which run perfectly in sync. I can use this tablet for whatever I need to with Windows, anything and everything. It would be nice if the keyboard had better response sometimes the keys don't sync but can't complain most tablets do not come with a keyboard cover.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2013
This is my first windows 8 tablet PC and it's awesome. It has some Bluetooth issues when it's updated to windows 8.1
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2013
Nice combination of features! Does all the things a computer does with the convenience of a tablet too. The only way this product would be better is more USB drives.
on October 12, 2013
This Acer Convertible acts as an awesome laptop, it's quick and the display is great. It makes a great tablet as well. It comes with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse; honestly, what else do you need? It's fast and responsive, Windows 8 seems stable.
on January 3, 2014
The computer functions great. My only issue is that my little fingers are not strong enough to remove the tablet from the keyboard case. This computer is perfect in every way for a business woman on the go but the case is SO strong a woman has to be "strong like A bull" to release the tablet. It seems like a little thing but I read a book a night and purchased the computer with having the tablet for reading.