5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Desk top
Published 18 months ago by Ronnie Saylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer, Bad Description
I recently purchased this computer with the idea that I could replace my current setup. The configuration is great, a really strong computer. However, the listed RAM of 32GB cannot be fully used by the computer's motherboard. The Acer AG3620 motherboard can only handle up to 16GB total ram. Why Amazon would sell the computer like this, I am not sure.

PRO: Great...
Published 18 months ago by Z. DIXON

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer, Bad Description, March 19, 2013
This review is from: Acer Predator AG3620-UR12 Gaming Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)

PRO: Great computer, strong gaming choice for the price

CON: Motherboard cannot handle the amount of memory sold with this rig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Desk top, March 15, 2013
Do not know what the person who gave the first review knows about computers, he was not happy about the connection to the internet. nothing wrong with the wireless connection. just sent back a dell xps, with the same hardware as this computer, it was DOA. after spending two weeks with dell on the phone I sent it back. Ordered this Acer, and it started up, and is buy far a better computer. and the price was near a thousand dollars cheaper then the Dell XPS!!! if you are looking for a computer with all the features that came with this Acer, compare this one with the Dell XPS and you will see what I am talking about. I sent back the Dell monitor too, it was the Dell s2740l, and bought the same monitor from Amazon, guess what? it was forty dollars cheaper then Dell's price and came with a three year warranty. Dell's package deal for the Monitor and computer came with a one year monitor!! this computer ROCKS AND ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! folks all I can say is look at this ACER and compare it to a dell then save yourself a thousand dollars Ron.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great computer..IF it will start up correctly., April 10, 2013
I want to start this off by saying I love the computer as it is now, however when I set up the computer and turned it on for the first time it immediately went to the blue screen of death because Acer did not correctly install Windows 8. After paying for the dvd to fix this issue (which I find ridiculous) and an overnight shipping charge to get it here quickly the computer is running smoothly and I am happy with it. As far as performance wise: I purchased this computer to use for gaming, the graphics are on point with no lagging, it is everything I was expecting and looking for. I will also say Windows 8 is much nicer than I imagined it would be from all the "I hate windows 8" postings you see everywhere. I noticed that I am not the first person to run into the windows installed incorrectly issue, so be forewarned that it seems to be a common problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Editing Powerhouse!, August 12, 2013
I know nothing of gaming, so this is strictly a review for video editors out there.

I've been a video editor for 10 years, having used FCP, Premiere, and Vegas Pro Systems. FCP is great, but in order to get this same speed Mac, you're looking at minimum doubling the price. If you are a video editor, and don't require FCP, this is the machine for you. I am currently using this to edit a sitcom. Roughly 20 hours of native 5D2 footage in the same timeline, and this computer real-time renders full HD quality extremely smoothly. Perfect for Vegas Pro 12, Adobe Premiere CS6, or Avid Media Composer. I will be using this to edit a 90 minute feature, and imaging that it will easily handle the workflow, as long as I keep it to 2 or 3 timelines, and then combine once everything is locked. Great computer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad at all, May 30, 2013
I purchased this PC about a week ago and I have slightly mixed feelings about it. First off, it started up perfectly and I have not had a hiccup from it yet. I do like that there is almost no waiting on startup thanks to the small SSD, though a bigger one would have been nice. It is a fairly fast PC, and the wireless is nice and has worked perfectly so far. I do wish that I had done a little more research into the graphics card before buying. I was looking for a GFX 660 or AMD 7950 or better. I saw that it was an 8000 series card and got excited, but it is the equivalent of an AMD 7770. This wouldn't be too much of a problem except that as of now the 8760 is an OEM card so I can't just buy another one and pop it in. I have not pryed open the case yet so I also don't know if a longer card will fit and even if it does I will almost certainly need to upgrade the power supply. It isn't a slow card (it runs Starcraft II on Ultra at about 55 FPS), it's just not as fast as I had hoped. I really like the computer and the price is great, I just didn't want to have to upgrade it so soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME COMPUTER :) TERRIBLE SERVICE:(, March 25, 2013
Got this beast in the mail the other day and was so excited I could barely contain myself. Then I opened it... first I noticed that the keyboard and mouse that come with it were somewhat sub par especially since this is a gaming computer... but whatever. Then I notice that the ports where you plug in the wifi antennae in the back was loose and I had to screw those back in... OK I can deal with it. Then I realize that the monitor I bought to go with it didn't come with a dvi or hdmi cable and the vga port is disabled on the back of this tower so I ran out and bought a dvi to hdmi cable... OK another 47 bucks and half an hour wasted... I can still deal.
THEN I GO TO START UP WINDOWS 8.... this is when the real fun starts. I start the computer and it takes me to the welcome screen and the straight to a BSOD (blue screen of death) involving the error code 0xc0000001. After a little research, I realize that this means that there is something wrong with the installation of Windows 8 on my brand new out of the box computer and I am quite angered by this. After some yelling at barely understandable technicians from Acer, I came to terms with the fact that I would need to reinstall or figure out some way to enter recovery mode. Acer's suggestion was to purchase their Windows 8 Recovery CD...ok...which costs 19.95, that I have to pay.... and that comes in 5-10 business days.... AND ITS A PACKAGE I HAVE TO FLIPPIN SIGN FOR????? I work gosh darn it. I was so frustrated that I just said forget it and hung up. I then found that you could download a recovery file from another Windows 8 onto a USB or other external device, plug that in, boot from that (by going into BIOS and changing the boot options), and then you get into recovery mode. OK so i did all that because my cousin fortunately has windows 8 installed on his computer and then got to the recovery mode and then tried the automatic repair option. Obviously that didn't work so then I clicked the reset my pc option. It said all my files would be wiped but I didnt have any so I said fine and did it. SUCCESS! I finally got Windows 8 to boot and such but then I realized it wasn't activated.... uggg.. then I restarted it again to try and activate it but then it stopped working completely.... i hate windows 8 and acer so much right now... but for the few brief moments that I did get to use it it was gaming heaven for the price.... im waiting on the recovery disk now from acer.... grrrr......

1.0 out of 5 stars The first negative review I have ever had to write., May 18, 2013
I had to let some time pass before writing this review because I wanted some objectivity. First, let me say that part of this purchase was my fault for not doing my research. I got excited about the solid state hard drive and the huge RAM and the bells and whistles and red shiny/flashy things on the case. All that glitters is not gold. This purchase was a huge learning experience for me. I let myself get overexcited instead of looking into the company and reading the reviews. The thing worked for about 5 days. Then I got the bluescreen of death. I did tons on research from my other machine (a bullet proof Hewlett-Packard that has gotten so old I had to get a never platform) trying to repair the problem. I broke down and called ACER tech support. That was a disaster- they could not help. Tech support was obviously in India. They told me the usual ("Turn it off turn it on again", "Is it plugged into the wall?"). Then they offered to have me send it back for repair. SAME PROBLEM! Nothing fixed! So now I have a very expensive paperweight. I use it to remind myself to make careful well informed decisions in the future. Look before you leap. Buyer beware. A stitch in time saves nine. One's born every minute. Pick a proverb. Nothing but a call from an ACER executive promising to fix this thing would make me satisfied. Hint hint. I am writing this review from behind a very reliable, no frills, tough as nails Hewett-Packer. I guess it will be H-P for me from now on out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than home built!, July 12, 2014
What can I say - best PC I've ever had, and I use to build custom PCs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Gaming Computer for the money, February 26, 2014
We bought this computer for my older teenager as it was a gift because we had to be somewhat frugal in our purchase. We were so pleased with its capabilities that we bought another one for our second son as a birthday gift a little under a year later. They are both extremely pleased with the power of this thing. It's quiet and we have not have one single problem with either of these computers in over a year. It's expandable and my older son is just now thinking about putting in a more expensive graphics card but that's not necessary for most players.

4.0 out of 5 stars Been a good solid performer so far for my kids and their online gaming, July 1, 2013
Corinne Mulhern (Chula Vista, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these - one for each kid when their older existing computers were causing me to spend more and more time troubleshooting issues and saying "sorry your video card just can't support that game" I knew I had to look for an upgrade.

So far we have all been very happy - solid performer. I don't think I have ever bought a prebuilt system where something didn't work out of the box (sound card, video card issues etc.) which is why I usually just build my own, but who the heck has time to research and do that anymore! But these just worked straight way - headsets, mic's, usb devices - everything connected no problem. The boys have not run into any games that won't work properly, no issues with sluggish graphics card etc. They've been really happy with the games they play (mostly MPORG, Steam games etc.) and have not come running to me at all with "my computer isn't working!" (woo-hoo!)

I think our only complaint would be the preinstalled Windows 8 which, as an OS I find horrible. The kids took to it a little better than I did - I find it absolutely frustrating to work on. But I guess that speaks to my getting older and less flexible to change!

Power saving options work beautifully - that is something that has been hit or miss in the past with motherboards not fully supporting the OS features but these are great. The kids are learned how to put their systems to sleep and they come back up very fast and I no longer have to rant and rave over finding computers left on.

Not sure about the other reviewer who says the 32gb on RAM can't be fully utilized - I don't see that issue on these systems - the system shows that 32gb are installed and memory tools show that amount available.

I would say the harddrive is probably the limiting device - definitely a slower performer, may have to swap that out for something better at some point (and put back on Windows 7....!)

UPDATE - 5 months later
On board sound completely dead on one of the machines - windows says no audio device installed and will no longer detect the on board sound. Support requires shipping machine back at which point they warn they may wipe the whole system - oh yeah, this is why I build my own systems.....

Acer Predator AG3620-UR12 Gaming Desktop (Black)
Used & New from: $998.00