Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 19, 2013
I recently purchased this computer with the idea that I could replace my current setup. The configuration is great, a really strong computer. However, the listed RAM of 32GB cannot be fully used by the computer's motherboard. The Acer AG3620 motherboard can only handle up to 16GB total ram. Why Amazon would sell the computer like this, I am not sure.

PRO: Great computer, strong gaming choice for the price

CON: Motherboard cannot handle the amount of memory sold with this rig.
66 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2013
I want to start this off by saying I love the computer as it is now, however when I set up the computer and turned it on for the first time it immediately went to the blue screen of death because Acer did not correctly install Windows 8. After paying for the dvd to fix this issue (which I find ridiculous) and an overnight shipping charge to get it here quickly the computer is running smoothly and I am happy with it. As far as performance wise: I purchased this computer to use for gaming, the graphics are on point with no lagging, it is everything I was expecting and looking for. I will also say Windows 8 is much nicer than I imagined it would be from all the "I hate windows 8" postings you see everywhere. I noticed that I am not the first person to run into the windows installed incorrectly issue, so be forewarned that it seems to be a common problem.
on March 15, 2013
Do not know what the person who gave the first review knows about computers, he was not happy about the connection to the internet. nothing wrong with the wireless connection. just sent back a dell xps, with the same hardware as this computer, it was DOA. after spending two weeks with dell on the phone I sent it back. Ordered this Acer, and it started up, and is buy far a better computer. and the price was near a thousand dollars cheaper then the Dell XPS!!! if you are looking for a computer with all the features that came with this Acer, compare this one with the Dell XPS and you will see what I am talking about. I sent back the Dell monitor too, it was the Dell s2740l, and bought the same monitor from Amazon, guess what? it was forty dollars cheaper then Dell's price and came with a three year warranty. Dell's package deal for the Monitor and computer came with a one year monitor!! this computer ROCKS AND ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! folks all I can say is look at this ACER and compare it to a dell then save yourself a thousand dollars Ron.
55 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2016
In the three years I have had the Predator, the first few months were super, but the rest were unbelievably awful. I have information on the original hard drive that I cannot access--due to the fact it was integrated with the SSD, and upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 was when the diaster began. Any file I had on the hard drive became non-readable, although you can see that the files are there. So if anyone has a clue how to retrieve conflicted and confused e-records, please let me know. Next, I had to buy a new hard drive, and from there I have been tormented in getting the machine to work properly or work at all. Acer's solution was to wipe the original hard drive for me, but that was a ridiculous solution. Apparently it would not have fixed the problem. I have dealt with the Predator trying to boot up or not booting up at all, and/or giving a screen with AmeriTrends on it, or just sitting there, spinning in circles. Then video quit, but not the board. So motherboard was replaced, but it was not that, either. A $1200 machine that's not even worth scrap right now. This was a super lemon, and I've been really burned with this one. I decided on the Acer as I had a Travelmate that worked superbly for over eight years, and it was a gem.
on August 12, 2013
I know nothing of gaming, so this is strictly a review for video editors out there.

I've been a video editor for 10 years, having used FCP, Premiere, and Vegas Pro Systems. FCP is great, but in order to get this same speed Mac, you're looking at minimum doubling the price. If you are a video editor, and don't require FCP, this is the machine for you. I am currently using this to edit a sitcom. Roughly 20 hours of native 5D2 footage in the same timeline, and this computer real-time renders full HD quality extremely smoothly. Perfect for Vegas Pro 12, Adobe Premiere CS6, or Avid Media Composer. I will be using this to edit a 90 minute feature, and imaging that it will easily handle the workflow, as long as I keep it to 2 or 3 timelines, and then combine once everything is locked. Great computer!
on July 1, 2013
I bought two of these - one for each kid when their older existing computers were causing me to spend more and more time troubleshooting issues and saying "sorry your video card just can't support that game" I knew I had to look for an upgrade.

So far we have all been very happy - solid performer. I don't think I have ever bought a prebuilt system where something didn't work out of the box (sound card, video card issues etc.) which is why I usually just build my own, but who the heck has time to research and do that anymore! But these just worked straight way - headsets, mic's, usb devices - everything connected no problem. The boys have not run into any games that won't work properly, no issues with sluggish graphics card etc. They've been really happy with the games they play (mostly MPORG, Steam games etc.) and have not come running to me at all with "my computer isn't working!" (woo-hoo!)

I think our only complaint would be the preinstalled Windows 8 which, as an OS I find horrible. The kids took to it a little better than I did - I find it absolutely frustrating to work on. But I guess that speaks to my getting older and less flexible to change!

Power saving options work beautifully - that is something that has been hit or miss in the past with motherboards not fully supporting the OS features but these are great. The kids are learned how to put their systems to sleep and they come back up very fast and I no longer have to rant and rave over finding computers left on.

Not sure about the other reviewer who says the 32gb on RAM can't be fully utilized - I don't see that issue on these systems - the system shows that 32gb are installed and memory tools show that amount available.

I would say the harddrive is probably the limiting device - definitely a slower performer, may have to swap that out for something better at some point (and put back on Windows 7....!)

UPDATE - 5 months later
On board sound completely dead on one of the machines - windows says no audio device installed and will no longer detect the on board sound. Support requires shipping machine back at which point they warn they may wipe the whole system - oh yeah, this is why I build my own systems.....
on May 30, 2013
I purchased this PC about a week ago and I have slightly mixed feelings about it. First off, it started up perfectly and I have not had a hiccup from it yet. I do like that there is almost no waiting on startup thanks to the small SSD, though a bigger one would have been nice. It is a fairly fast PC, and the wireless is nice and has worked perfectly so far. I do wish that I had done a little more research into the graphics card before buying. I was looking for a GFX 660 or AMD 7950 or better. I saw that it was an 8000 series card and got excited, but it is the equivalent of an AMD 7770. This wouldn't be too much of a problem except that as of now the 8760 is an OEM card so I can't just buy another one and pop it in. I have not pryed open the case yet so I also don't know if a longer card will fit and even if it does I will almost certainly need to upgrade the power supply. It isn't a slow card (it runs Starcraft II on Ultra at about 55 FPS), it's just not as fast as I had hoped. I really like the computer and the price is great, I just didn't want to have to upgrade it so soon.
on June 25, 2015
Worst piece of crap that I wasted money on. The hard drive had to be restored the 2nd day of operation that lead me down a long hole with the customer service that can only be described as idiotic. Don't waste your money on acers.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2015
Writing this review on my acer predator. This is amazing and so fast. I can play flight sim no problem maxed out. I use this computer mostly tho for social media, school, running photoshop, ArcGis, GRLevel3, Word, Adobe Premiere and no problem.
on August 10, 2015
I got this computer for editing video. It seemed like a cheap powerhouse but it's not as powerful as I was hoping. Video playback is choppy and editing isn't as easy. I've been using this computer for a few years now. It has some issues, the Start Up screen sometimes comes up blank and has to be rebooted, sometimes several times. I think it's from a corrupt file. This happened once before and i brought it in to get fixed. It has fixed itself this final time with updates. Every day i keep my fingers crossed and leave it run.