Most helpful critical review
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Some pluses, some big minuses
on January 25, 2014
- Outer design: really nice. Light, thin and looks great.
- Screen quality - really nice HD screen. Like it a lot. When looking at screens of other laptops (older ones, not HD) I can see clearly the difference.
- Packaging - comes with a bluetooth mouse, a nice case for the computer, and Ethernet and VGA adapters.
- Price - very competitive compared to other vendors.
- Track pad is almost unusable. Just could not get along with it, and I have been extensively using laptops with track pads for about 10 years. Good there is a nice bluetooth mouse supplied in the package, without it I would have thrown the laptop out of the window.
- Battery is not that great. I did not take time but I could feel that it does not give a very long running time, surely less than what I expected.
- Keyboard - repeat key problem (sticky key). Need to install zechofix (search it in google) to solve the issue. I spent two frustrating weeks with the laptop until I found that fix.
- Performance - so so. Expected better performance especially with disk (flash) intensive operations.
Overall I like the design, shape and weight, not not so pleased with the overall usability, I'd give it between 2 to 3 stars, decided on 3 starts because of the low price of this laptop.