5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Function good laptop
The weight is just slight heavier than a university textbook.
It comes with the case which is unexpected.
4GB ram and CPU 1.8 Ghz is good enough to me and SSD helps for the booting time taking in very short time.
Special on SSD: it is 2 X 64GB SSD in raid 0 (It is really fast!!!)

Support Win 7? Yes!!!! Driver? Yes (same drivers installing on...
Published 5 months ago by Vincent

1.0 out of 5 stars Acer doesn't stand behind its product
Don't trust acer to stand behind the warranty. We bought an acer touchscreen laptop. (last acer product ever)

Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Function good laptop, February 1, 2014
This review is from: Acer Aspire S7-391-6818 13.3-Inch Full HD Touchscreen Ultrabook (Personal Computers)
The weight is just slight heavier than a university textbook.
It comes with the case which is unexpected.
Special on SSD: it is 2 X 64GB SSD in raid 0 (It is really fast!!!)

Support Win 7? Yes!!!! Driver? Yes (same drivers installing on Win 8)
I personally dislike the interface of Win 8. So I downgrade to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Work completely fine. All drivers which can download from Acer official website also support in Win 7.
SM Bus Controller and Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver need to be downloaded separately from Intel website. 5MB size per each, so not a big deal.

Temperature: even it is full loading, it is not hot at all. I could say it is just warm a bit.
Touch Screen: it is Sensitive and accurate.

The battery life is acceptable. Average is like 4-5 hours. With WIFI, surf internet, dimmest screen.

Something needs to concern is about the fan. The fan is a bit noisy only when laptop is full loading.

Acer S7-391-6818 VS Acer S7-392-6832

If you are thinking buying Acer S7-391-6818($799) and Acer S7-392-6832($1,199.97), here is some research I did before purchased S7-391.

Intel Core i5 4200U vs 3337U
Linke for Stat: [...]
I would say 3 Gen CPU in S7-391 is actually Faster than 4Gen CPU in S7-392, but 3337U would consume more power though.

If you care about the battery life, yes Acer S7- is for you.
But compare to those price on laptops based on their hardware,
- upgraded from 4GB DDR3 to 8GB DDR3,
- almost double on battery capacity, new Gen CPU
- improved the Intel HD graph from 4000 to 4400
- changed from mini HDMI to Full sized HDMI

I do not think the overall performance would have large difference which is worth enough to pay 400USD more.

Hope those help to you!!

I definitely would recommend S7-391 to my friend. I like this Ultrabook!!

===========================================================================================================

Update:

The USB which can with power-off charging is on the that near to the monitor side(at Corner one)

After few days using Win 7 on S7-391, I think running Win 8 on S7-391 is faster than running Win 7.
- Wake up is slightly faster, like 3 second.
- Going to sleep mode, Win 8 wins also, but also 3-5 seconds faster.
- Hibernate mode is the same time
- Normal booting mode: Since Win 7 needs to run on Legacy BIOS, it takes few more second than booting Win 8 on UEFI Bios mode.

When you decide to downgrade back to Win 7, here is something you may need to know before you do that.

**First thinking
1. Decide whether you want to have the recovery of Win 8 or not? If yes, make the USB recovery disk FIRST(at least 16GB flash drive. The whole recovery partition is 13.4GB around). (And explain why need to do so first on 3rd step)
Otherwise, jump to next step.

Before installing, make sure you have Win 7 Original DVD and external DVD

Start installing
2. Before asking laptop to boot from DVD, you have to change the Boot mode from UEFI(Win 8) to Legacy BIOS (Win 7).

3. Since Win 8 on S7-391 is assigned to have a GPT(GUID Partition Table), but Win 7 does NOT support GPT, so you have to convert the partition from GPT to MBR. It is just few step of codes that you need to type right at the step that asking for the installation language and the keyboard layout. After converting, you can use the normal step to install win 7.
!!! pleas be reminded if you do the conversion to MBR, all partition will be erased, including the recovery partition of Win 8!!!

***If anyone need the code, feel free to email me or leave a message.***

4. Install using Win 8 drivers that provided from Acer official website on your Win 7. Enjoy

Full loading noisy and heat:
Yesterday, I was doing the Windows update. It was full loading. The fan is a bit noisy during full loading, installing.
And the laptop, the heat is main on the right side of the area which is between the Screen monitor and keyboard. I would guess there is where the CPU is located. It is just warmer than normal, but still acceptable though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than My MacBook Pro, January 31, 2014
This PC met all of my requirements after I recently sold my new MacBook Pro. As a small business owner, it's important for me to have productivity and I wanted to have a lightweight PC. This is so thin it's as if I'm holding a small stack of papers. I love the cool technology, because my Mac always burned my lap. The touch screen is responsive, but I will have to get used to toggling back and forth. The action on the keyboard is comfortable. The quality of the screen is better than my MacBook Pro (I didn't have the Retina). It's sleek and definitely a conversation starter. Most importantly, it has all the bells and whistles at a great price, comes in a surprisingly sleek packaging and storage pouch is provided. The Dolby Home Theater sound makes it a winner as well. I would buy this over and over again. It's a great PC at a great price, with a lot more than expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Acer doesn't stand behind its product, March 22, 2014

The hinge snapped catastrophically when we opened the laptop. When the hinge snapped, it cracked the bottom of the touchscreen. Now the laptop can only be used while closed and attached to an external monitor. (windows 8 isn't built for that, but dont get me started on Win8)

acer claims that the hinges are not covered by warranty since that is normal wear and tear. I never realized it was normal for a hinge to snap in two halfway through the warranty period. Silly me.

You've been warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, February 7, 2014
Wasn't sure about it before it got here because I read a few bad reviews - admittedly as well as a load of good ones.
Over the moon with it. Thanks Amazon for blazing fast delivery. Thanks Acer for Blazing fast startup times and a beautiful piece of equipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard problems, February 20, 2014
This is the second one ordered. Key board stopped working on the first one after updating to Windows 8.1; second one was dead out of the box. Returning both.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would have been a 5 star review if it hadn't died on me 3 weeks in, May 20, 2014
Amado Lucia (Montevideo, Uruguay) - See all my reviews
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED it while it was working, everything was as expected and I didn't even care about the fan being a bit loud from time to time. Then the motherboard/battery/SSD died. Took it to service and they were very kind and helpful. But I have to travel next week and they can't get the replacement parts sooner than that. Therefore I am laptopless :(
I was probably very unlucky, since I haven't seen this issue reported here, but I still feel very disappointed with the product

4.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, right? UPDATED: What I wanted/needed, April 24, 2014
BEC (SF/Bay Area) - See all my reviews
First impressions are shallow, but also important. Unfortunately, I had to turn around and send this laptop back to Acer to repair a hardware problem on the very day I received it. Since it has an SSD, I can only guess the problem was with the fans. When plugged into power or when on battery and using an application, the laptop emitted a sound that could be described as a miniature garbage disposal. It couldn't be ignored.

After describing the problem to an Acer rep online, they determined it was hardware and needed to be fixed - sent back to them (it's going to Temple, TX). At first, they were going to charge me for shipping! But, then they said I didn't have to pay for shipping. Hopefully I'll get it back soon in perfect working condition, but receiving something all messed up in the first place is... disappointing.

UPDATE [5/16/2014]: It took about 2 weeks turn around time to get the laptop back. 95% of that time was shipping as Acer repaired it the same day it arrive in Temple, TX. They have a website that allows you to check on repair status. The repairs were successful. The sound is gone and as far as I can tell (after 1.5 weeks of use), everything is working properly. I'm still in a learning curve, especially with Win8.1, but overall I really like the laptop and the new OS. I'm finding a rhythm between using the touchscreen and the track-pad to make my navigation and work more efficient. I didn't expect the touchscreen to be that useful, but it is. I'm very impressed with the speed of the SSD. Waking up the laptop is almost instantaneous. Booting up is about 3-4 seconds.

The weight, screen size (a nice full 1080 HD resolution), and power is perfect for me for mobile computing. I also like the quality of it's construction with the white glass backing for the screen and nice-to-the-touch aluminum(?-I think) keyboard and top surface and white hard plastic bottom. In the box: Acer includes a nice faux-leather envelope that the laptop snugly fits into and includes an USB Ethernet adapter and a VGA adapter. With the noise/fan issue repaired, this laptop is exactly what I wanted/needed. My rating moves from 1 star to 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, April 12, 2014
As a college kid I needed something light, quick, and it needed to handle auto cad. It's doing just fine so far, windows 8 is easy to learn (just watch a video about it's features on youtube or something). Shipping was quick and right on time, I definitely recommend this to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ultrabook, March 28, 2014
Ultra lightweight and extremely fast. The boot time is seconds, not minutes like most laptops. The only downside is the keyboard is very sensitive and double typing occurs often.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, March 3, 2014
Pros: Good looks, sleek design, nice screen.

Cons: The single button mouse pad detects right clicks on more areas than left clicks which can be irritating. Windows 8 swipe causes unintentional application switches while using the mouse pad.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›