5.0 out of 5 stars Super Quiet Fan
I purchased this fan at a local retail store, and have it running 24x7. I was hesitant to purchase, based upon reviews of the other doorway fan in the plastic housing. This fan seemed solid in construction, so I gave it a chance. The fan is very quiet, and does not disturb television viewing in the same room.

I'm considering purchasing 2 more for other areas...
Published on January 9, 2009 by Heath

3.0 out of 5 stars Not THAT quiet
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:23 Mins
Published 11 months ago by Bluema

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Quiet Fan, January 9, 2009
Heath (Martinsburg, WV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)

I'm considering purchasing 2 more for other areas in my house, that could use some heat from my pellet stove.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so quiet, you have to look at blades to know if it's running, January 11, 2010
J. M. Welsh (Greenville, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
We've just received two of these, and they are everything they say and more. They are quiet enough for bedrooms, as they literally make no noise whatsoever. And they move a surprising amount of air, despite not being able to "feel" it blowing very much. We have a small wood stove positioned in the center of an old fireplace. We hung these fans in the corners of the fireplace and were shocked at how much hot (not warm, hot!) air they move (we've got one pointing in and one pointing out for optimal air flow). This product is highly recommended. The only thing unknown is shelf life...if there is a problem with the motor casing in the future, we will change our review. But for now, two thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and powerful, January 16, 2009
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
A great quiet fan that move a lot of air. It is so quiet you hardly know it is running.

Shipping was very slow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little fan!, November 6, 2010
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
Pleasantly surprised by this fan. It's small (the blade is about the diameter of a cut grapefruit) and super quiet. The paperwork says it circulates 55 cubic feet of air per minute, which really isn't a lot. But the trick isn't in the volume of air moved, but in the fan's position at the top of our family room door. We use it to deliver air from our woodstove to other parts of the house. It grabs that layer of really warm air at the top of the room and circulates it out into the house. This little fan works much better than my old method of trying to circulate air with a 12" stand fan positioned at the middle of our doorway. That thing was loud, in the way, and didn't do the job. This doorway fan is much smaller, much quieter, out of the way, and does a better job. My wife wants me to buy a second one for the other side of the doorway. P.S.: this unit comes mostly assembled; you have to put on the silver fan guards and mount the whole thing on the door frame. It took 5 - 10 minutes. There's enough clearance so the door can still close if needed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not THAT quiet, January 23, 2014
Length:: 0:23 Mins

I ordered the fan after reading many reviews of how quiet it is and that you can't even notice it running. Well, that's not the case for me... I was pretty disappointed with the noticeable fan noise that I could hear across a room, and I only ordered the product expecting it to be very quiet as many have described. It may even be that I could've received a lemon when I reread others' reviews, or perhaps noise levels can be relative. I've decided to upload a video (although the humming fan sound is hard to capture with an iPhone) for you to decide and to remind you how small the fan actually is next to a dollar. I even tried to remove the outer grates to see if it made any difference, but it didn't. I wish that it had an optional lower fan setting that could reduce the noise level to make it as inconspicuous and quiet as I was hoping it to be. On a positive note, I've used a power meter to measure the electricity usage, and it uses 8.8 Watt at 60Hz, which ends up costing less than $0.60 a month (based on .09/kWh cost, yours is likely lower) having it run nonstop 24x7. The little fan does blow adequate amount of air for its size and it sits well on any narrow surface such as a window sill, so I decided to keep it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid product with one design flaw, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
These work great, small, compact, effective at moving air and most of all very little noise. Solid construction, all around great product, but one major complaint.

The toggle on/ off switch is near the plug... what a waste. If I have to have a cord hanging down the side of the doorframe, then the on/ off switch should be on this portion of the cord, but instead the off/ on switch is much closer to the plug. What a waste, I hav to reach down near the floor to turn the fan off and on every day, why the off/ on switch isn't near the actual fan is beyond me. Perhaps I just got some messed up models, but this seems to be a mjor design flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fan, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
I bought 4 of these fans to move hot air out of a room with a wood stove. Although the fan mounts nicely in the corner of a door with the supplied swivel bracket and doesn't interfere with the operation of a regular or pocket door, I chose to mount my fans above 2 doors by cutting into the headers. The fans come with in-line switches and plugs, but I cut the chords and hard wired 2 fans to a separate single switch. They are small enough to fit perfectly above a door. These are well made fans. They move a decent amount of air for their size and they are as quiet as a fan can be. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This little fan kicks butt!! ++++, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
This little fan pack a POWERFUL punch! Whisper quiet! and draws warm are into a cool room PERFECTLY!! When I first saw it I was taken back by its small size BUT as they say good things come in small packages! Its way better than I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars smart mom, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
I love this fan. Iam glad I read the reviews on one I was going to purchase and got this one instead. I personally did not believe the claims it made but it had the best reviews so i figured i would try it. It is everything that it says it is! It really is quiet!!! it works great in the doorway as we have a wood s tove. It moves the air around great. If you are thinking about getting this one do it!!! It is made very well with no plastic parts to rattle and make noise. I'ts so quiet you dont even know its on. I have to put my hand in front of it to see if is actually on. What a great product!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan (Misc.)
I purchased 2 of these lil fans to help circulate the air in summertime (been a HOT summer!)and we don't have cenral ac, just 1 big window ac. They work quite well keeping the cool air circulating. Quiet, definitely quieter than my big floor fans. They are doing the job I got them for and am sure they'll help in winter moving air to colder rooms. The cord is a good long length. I like that I don't have to permanently mounted them cuz will move them to dif rooms for cold weather. Thought they were a bit pricey but they're worth it. FYI: it costs us less in electric to run 1 window ac & fans than my dad pays2run his central ac. We both have same size old farm houses. The trick is using fans to circulate the air. We dont have fans blowing directly on us either. Our house is actually cooler than his!

Achla Designs Room-to-Room Minuteman Doorway Fan