Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 9, 2009
I purchased this fan at a local retail store, and have it running 24x7. I was hesitant to purchase, based upon reviews of the other doorway fan in the plastic housing. This fan seemed solid in construction, so I gave it a chance. The fan is very quiet, and does not disturb television viewing in the same room.

I'm considering purchasing 2 more for other areas in my house, that could use some heat from my pellet stove.
22 comments|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2010
We've just received two of these, and they are everything they say and more. They are quiet enough for bedrooms, as they literally make no noise whatsoever. And they move a surprising amount of air, despite not being able to "feel" it blowing very much. We have a small wood stove positioned in the center of an old fireplace. We hung these fans in the corners of the fireplace and were shocked at how much hot (not warm, hot!) air they move (we've got one pointing in and one pointing out for optimal air flow). This product is highly recommended. The only thing unknown is shelf life...if there is a problem with the motor casing in the future, we will change our review. But for now, two thumbs up.
on January 16, 2009
A great quiet fan that move a lot of air. It is so quiet you hardly know it is running.

Shipping was very slow.
on January 23, 2014
I ordered the fan after reading many reviews of how quiet it is and that you can't even notice it running. Well, that's not the case for me... I was pretty disappointed with the noticeable fan noise that I could hear across a room, and I only ordered the product expecting it to be very quiet as many have described. It may even be that I could've received a lemon when I reread others' reviews, or perhaps noise levels can be relative. I've decided to upload a video (although the humming fan sound is hard to capture with an iPhone) for you to decide and to remind you how small the fan actually is next to a dollar. I even tried to remove the outer grates to see if it made any difference, but it didn't. I wish that it had an optional lower fan setting that could reduce the noise level to make it as inconspicuous and quiet as I was hoping it to be. On a positive note, I've used a power meter to measure the electricity usage, and it uses 8.8 Watt at 60Hz, which ends up costing less than $0.60 a month (based on .09/kWh cost, yours is likely lower) having it run nonstop 24x7. The little fan does blow adequate amount of air for its size and it sits well on any narrow surface such as a window sill, so I decided to keep it.

Update: After a few months, I no longer use the fan. I only paid the hefty price for the size because of the reviews of how super quiet it is, but it ultimately didn't move enough air while still making noise in a room I didn't want it to. For the noise/cfm trade off in general, I find Vornado and Bionaire fans to be better options.
55 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2011
I bought 4 of these fans to move hot air out of a room with a wood stove. Although the fan mounts nicely in the corner of a door with the supplied swivel bracket and doesn't interfere with the operation of a regular or pocket door, I chose to mount my fans above 2 doors by cutting into the headers. The fans come with in-line switches and plugs, but I cut the chords and hard wired 2 fans to a separate single switch. They are small enough to fit perfectly above a door. These are well made fans. They move a decent amount of air for their size and they are as quiet as a fan can be. Highly recommended.
on November 6, 2010
Pleasantly surprised by this fan. It's small (the blade is about the diameter of a cut grapefruit) and super quiet. The paperwork says it circulates 55 cubic feet of air per minute, which really isn't a lot. But the trick isn't in the volume of air moved, but in the fan's position at the top of our family room door. We use it to deliver air from our woodstove to other parts of the house. It grabs that layer of really warm air at the top of the room and circulates it out into the house. This little fan works much better than my old method of trying to circulate air with a 12" stand fan positioned at the middle of our doorway. That thing was loud, in the way, and didn't do the job. This doorway fan is much smaller, much quieter, out of the way, and does a better job. My wife wants me to buy a second one for the other side of the doorway. P.S.: this unit comes mostly assembled; you have to put on the silver fan guards and mount the whole thing on the door frame. It took 5 - 10 minutes. There's enough clearance so the door can still close if needed.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2011
These work great, small, compact, effective at moving air and most of all very little noise. Solid construction, all around great product, but one major complaint.

The toggle on/ off switch is near the plug... what a waste. If I have to have a cord hanging down the side of the doorframe, then the on/ off switch should be on this portion of the cord, but instead the off/ on switch is much closer to the plug. What a waste, I hav to reach down near the floor to turn the fan off and on every day, why the off/ on switch isn't near the actual fan is beyond me. Perhaps I just got some messed up models, but this seems to be a mjor design flaw.
33 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2012
I purchased 2 of these lil fans to help circulate the air in summertime (been a HOT summer!)and we don't have cenral ac, just 1 big window ac. They work quite well keeping the cool air circulating. Quiet, definitely quieter than my big floor fans. They are doing the job I got them for and am sure they'll help in winter moving air to colder rooms. The cord is a good long length. I like that I don't have to permanently mounted them cuz will move them to dif rooms for cold weather. Thought they were a bit pricey but they're worth it. FYI: it costs us less in electric to run 1 window ac & fans than my dad pays2run his central ac. We both have same size old farm houses. The trick is using fans to circulate the air. We dont have fans blowing directly on us either. Our house is actually cooler than his!
on February 1, 2013
We heat our 1800 sq/ft ranch-style log house with a woodburning stove in the living room.

We spend most of our evenings in the LR, so we try to keep the heat at a reasonable 68-74 degree range.

Unfortunately, this meant that our bedroom, which is located at the dogleg end of a short hall off the LR was frequently quite a bit too cool even for our [used to cool BR temps] comfort- especially on first getting into bed.

We had used an electric mattress pad to mitigate this, but with concerns about EMF exposure and the [small, but noticeable] negative effect on sleeping comfort of the heating wires, we decided to try this room balancing fan.

It mounted easily and had reasonably clear and understandable instructions.

We ended up needing a short extension cord because of the furniture next to our door, but the cord included is/would have been generous otherwise,

It has been very quiet, except if it gets bumped so that it vibrates against the wood of the door casing, and then a simple [and rarely needed] adjustment cures the rumbling.

As stated above, the temperature increase in our bedroom has been very noticeable, as it climbs over an evening of TV viewing in the LR where temps range from 68-74 degrees.

The BR temps used to range from 58-63, and now range from 66-70.
on January 1, 2012
I love this fan. Iam glad I read the reviews on one I was going to purchase and got this one instead. I personally did not believe the claims it made but it had the best reviews so i figured i would try it. It is everything that it says it is! It really is quiet!!! it works great in the doorway as we have a wood s tove. It moves the air around great. If you are thinking about getting this one do it!!! It is made very well with no plastic parts to rattle and make noise. I'ts so quiet you dont even know its on. I have to put my hand in front of it to see if is actually on. What a great product!!!!