5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slippers You'll Ever Own!
Published 24 months ago by larry the reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay
Published on October 13, 2010 by Matthew R. Velic

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slippers You'll Ever Own!, February 9, 2013
This review is from: ACORN Unisex Slipper Sock (Apparel)
This is my second pair of Acorn slippers. My first pair lasted over TWENTY YEARS! My first ones were very similar to the current Polar Pairs that Acron offers, although the current model seems to be better-made than the ones I had. However, this time I decided to go with the Slipper Sock with the high cuff. The old ones left a gap between my sweat pants and the slipper, and sometimes my lower legs would get cold. But if you prefer a lower cuff, I'd highly recommend the Polar Pairs. I did keep my old ones, and they're still wearable, just have seen better days.

The Slipper Socks are what Acorn calls their "original" slippers, and they are the ones that flew on EVERY Space Shuttle mission from the very beginning. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you found 'em on the International Space Station, for that matter. Once you put 'em on, you'll see why. Me, I call 'em my "Shuttle Shoes" :)

I chose the wool blend as opposed to the cotton. If you think the wool will be too warm, trust me, they're perfect. When it's cold, they'll keep your feet nice and warm. And on days when the temperature is more moderate, the fabric "breathes" so your feet don't overheat. The padding on the soft leather soles is really cushy; it truly feels like you're "walking on a cloud".

I don't know how wide some of the "1-star" reviewers feet are, but unless your foot is as wide as a DOUBLE-WIDE TRAILER, I don't think you'll have a problem. I consider my feet to be of average width, and there is sufficient room that if they WERE wider, the slipper would accomodate them. Another guy says he wears thin socks inside them; WHY? They're just fine all by themselves as far as I'm concerned. But to each his own, I suppose.

Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me to check Amazon before buying; I bought from another 'site and payed a little more, but not a lot. However, for some of you ladies out there who have smaller feet, Amazon's site may not suit your needs, as the sizes only go down to a Medium (Ladies' 10-11), which is gonna be too big for some women with smaller feet. If that's the case, check out Hank's Clothing ( [...] ). They have some smaller sizes, all the way down to a Ladies' size 5 (size XXS). Sorry Amazon, I had to mention that. But unless that's the case, you're better buying from Amazon, cuz they're a little less $$$.

These slippers are well-constructed and will keep your feet toasty warm for many years to come. They may cost more than some "bargain-brand" slippers, but they're well worth the money, and will out-last multiple pairs of the cheapies, I promise. Like the old saying goes: "QUALITY is remembered long after PRICE is forgotten."

One final tip: If and when you wash them, do it BY HAND. Secondly, when washing, and when you squeeze the water out of the sole, PRESS THE SOLE FLAT, DO NOT WRING THEM OUT BY TWISTING. This will cause the padding in the sole to bunch up and become uneven. I learned this the hard way! And wait as long as you can before washing because the padding in the sole never comes back completely to its original cushiness. And of course, DON'T put 'em in the dryer, just hang 'em up and let them air-dry. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Thank you for reading my review.

Sincerely,
larrythereviewer

4.0 out of 5 stars nice socks, January 9, 2007
a warm sock that keeps your feet warm but the leather bottom moves around so it not good for walking

5.0 out of 5 stars Cozy Slipper Socks!, February 5, 2013
I am a size 8 1/2 in women's shoes and purchased the size S slipper socks in red. They are at least an inch too long for me, but that's the only thing that keeps them from being perfect. I love that the wool keeps you warm without making you sweat. I love that they breathe because I can sleep in them without getting hot feet and waking up having to kick them off. I also love the leather soles because it makes them very durable. They are also nicely padded on the sole which makes them very cushiony to walk around in. I love my slipper socks!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, October 13, 2010
For the price, I expected an item of better quality. The picture looks very shoe like, but it isn't - it really is just a sock with a padded bottom sewn onto it. Speaking of the sock, it's not the most comfortable or easiest to put on. Instead of having a heel knitted into it, the sock portion is more or less a tube, so the knitted material will bunch up around your ankle when wearing it. Also, you may want to order a size down. I order for my shoe size (12) and it was a bit bigger than I would have wanted.

On the positive side, however, they seem to be very warm and I think they'll keep my feet toasty this winter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Acorn slipper socks, January 7, 2009
I sent these back because the top was so small that my husband could not pull them over his feet. They were size XL. The foot part looked large enough, but the top was so small (narrow)and did would not expand to go over the foot. My six year old granddaughter tried to get them on and she could not even get them over her foot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, very narrow, November 15, 2012
This review is from: ACORN Unisex Slipper Sock (Apparel)
I have been looking for years for this type slipper socks. I had them as a boy and I thoroughly wore them out.

These appear to be well made and one of the very few that come in my size, 15. Having said that they are very narrow. I wear a medium width and these don't come close to fitting width wise, so your are fore warned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an original manufacture brand, more like a "knock off" product., March 6, 2014
This review is from: ACORN Unisex Slipper Sock (Shoes)
I have had two Acorn brand slippers prior to this purchase, so right off I noticed the brand logo stamping on the sole was not the same, "fits size" was not identical as the others ,, different size range,, and way , way too small for the indicated size, always way to course material, very knobby, not soft, certainly never saw this poor quality in department store. Sent this product back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why?, November 30, 2008
I got these for in the house use when the house is cool. It works fine. The fabric is not the finest of fibers, so could irritate someone with sensitive skin, and sometimes the elastic band leaves a bit of a "groove" in my leg--if I'm too sedantary. But the product is well made, comfortable, and warm without being too hot. Breathes well, too. I'd certainly buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but..., October 30, 2013
This slipper sock looked like it would be perfect. The material of both the sock and the leather bottom appeared to be well made. The problem is the slipper sock did not stay in place when worn. The bottom rode up around to the side of the foot. My guess is they need to put in stiffer sole material to hold the bottom of the sock down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made for extra-large anorexics!, February 1, 2011
For the Price these sure looked good til I tried to put on , absolutely made for a skinny or no instep tinny foot and calf.! What disappointment , plus I'm overseas so I can't send them back til aftermy friend got them here just recently.I guess its xl in China,
What a waste!!!!!!!!!!