Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on March 25, 2012
All i can say is that Bose is Bose, no one can beat them. The crisp sound and the size of the speakers just make you wonder how do they do that :)
on December 20, 2010
I have been a loyal fan of Bose products for almost 30 years. I still own my origanal 301's bought in 1980 and have a set of 501's added later. I expected similar quality and sound with the Accoustimass series. I was badly mistaken. As mentioned in previous reviews, for $200-$300, these might be a good additional for a small start-up home theater. But for this price, just unacceptable. Sound quality is horrible. I use these primarily to listen to our TV and music from satellite TV service. Low end sounds are muttled and high end sounds are too high-almost tinny.
0Comment12 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2013
Regarding of all the negative Bose bashing reviews I've read I still went & bought this system anyway & I am very happy with them! Ignore the negative comments & listen to this system yourself, we all hear differently & what may sound good to you might not sound good to someone else. With that being said it is very important to follow the instructions & read the labels correctly! The wires are already labeled so it really isn't that hard to setup. If you want the best out of this system buying a cheap receiver won't help. Onkyo recievers is like magic paired with the bose acoustimass 10. Amazing surround sound with deep bass that doesn't overwhelm the dialogue, sounds great with music as well. If your looking forward into buying this system you will not be disappointed!
on November 3, 2015
I got this system on last week. I brought it for $600. like other reviewers saying this is not as good as they mention, which is true. You can’t hear low frequency sounds. It’s really bad. After I brought this system I realized why low frequency sounds are important for movies. It didn't reach my expatiation at all. I always confuse on Bass and LFE volume, I am not sure at what level to set. I leave in apartment.
This system is good for watch news channels or TV serials but not for blue ray movies at all. No effects, no deep bass at right time and right amount.
I am giving 3 start because of price ($600),easy setup and hardware quality.
on December 26, 2015
The model came up with lots of scratches and very large visible damage to the unit. The feet were broken off completely on one side and the back grill was smashed in and looked very old as well. The box was not damaged and most of the small speakers were in great condition but I hadn't even hooked them up after looking at what a piece of garbage this was when I opened it up. I bought my system directly from both but needed new speakers when I sold my house recently and left be installed once for the new owners. I'll be going directly to BOSE to purchase my speakers once these are returned
on October 22, 2012
This was a pretty good system. The bass was great. The surround sound is excellent. However, it is lacking in the upper frequencies. Voices sound flat, almost muffled. Violins and other instruments that have higher frequencies more in the treble range, sound the same because the speakers cannot play the full range of sounds. Online reviews and forums say that is because Bose used a cheaper paper inside the speaker.
on July 31, 2014
I would recommend this system for small spaces, but for anything the size of a standard living room or larger, I would say take the same amount of money and invest in a decent A/V receiver and speaker set instead. I bought this, returned it (thanks Amazon) and did just that. Also keep in mind you can't expand this system; it's an all-in-one proprietary design to be used AS-IS.
on December 17, 2012
I upgraded my stereo system from Acoustmass 6 to Acoustimass 10 series thinking that I will see a significant difference in the quality of sound. I liked the old 6 series system a lot. I find the new 10 series about the same as the previous one I had.
11 comment2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2013
I bought Acoustimass 10 and bookcase 301 speakers. I know bookcase is powerful. But is works great with other speakers. For 7.1 surround, I used bookcase speakers for side of projector screen and Acoustimass speakers on for side, back and center. It is awesome.
on January 22, 2014
The Bose Acoustimass 10 Series IV speaker system has exceeded my expectations and has really added to our home entertainment experience. I would recommend this system seeking a quality sound system.