5.0 out of 5 stars Make Sure You Know What You're Buying
Works in my 3DS XL but not with 3DS games. No action replay works with 3DS games. I knew this before buying it, of course, but this is something maybe less informed buyers should note before buying.
Published 11 months ago by Nobody

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this for the 3DS
This states it will work on the 3DS and it WILL NOT! Nintendo has announced that they do not approve of this device and they have updated the system to not allow this device to work on the console. I should have done my research, but seeing as the other action replays had no issues working on the DS/DSIs in the past I figured this was the same.

Please do your...
Published 3 months ago by terry

5.0 out of 5 stars Make Sure You Know What You're Buying, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Action Replay for Nintendo 3DS, DSI, DS Lite and DS - DSi Yellow (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Replay Review, March 27, 2013
Really cool item. I just bought a new Nintendo 3ds with Pokemon White, Black 2, and Zelda Ocarina of Time. I have only tried using the Action Replay with Pokemon which worked very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Necessity for the future, November 25, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The 3ds update is necessary for players who want to use codes for the ds games and 3ds games on a 3ds. It may not have new codes but lets be realistic, it takes time for people to find new codes for new games. However the good news is that with the usb cable included, new codes can be downloaded from the internet onto the action replay. I tried to use a regular dsi action replay on my 3ds and I couldnt get it to work despite it was currently up to date. When I bought the 3ds update, it worked like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest review, April 22, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, first of all, people who say that this stops working after a couple of days either treat their action replay or any of their gaming possessions really badly. Just don't touch the gold points on any of the 3DS or DS cartridges (for obvious reason) and it'll last for a while. I say this because I used to own an Action Replay for my DS Lite before giving it away to my friend... didn't ever break and I had that thing for over 8 months (I'm sure it still works if I asked my friend).

I've been reading a lot of reviews saying that this breaks after 2 or 3 days and that is NOT true if you take care of your things. I've owned my Action Replay 3DS for about 3 days and it still works perfectly fine!

Finally, it's pretty obvious that there are no codes for 3DS because of the encryption code being a lot harder to crack than an average DS game (which has old encryption coding). So just rating it low because of that doesn't justify anything. Use common sense.

This is an excellent product and when the actual 3DS codes come out, I won't hesitate to buy it on a game that actually needs it (haven't run into a game that needs it yet).

5.0 out of 5 stars affordable and new, March 2, 2014
This was very affordable affordable compated to in store prices. Works just fine and came promptly. This was a newly packaged product

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've used AR before you know what to expect., March 14, 2014
Great item. I don't understand why people are purchasing and rating this so low, my only thoughts on the matter is that they are trying to hack 3DS games when that's not currently possible with an AR. This however will run on any 3DS (XL included) after firmware update. As for the hardware itself the quality is of course on the cheap plastic side which is everything you've come to know and love (err... tolerate) from action replay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 16, 2014
This is really nice to have to unlock stuff on your ds games. I defiantly recommend it to anyone with a ds

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this for the 3DS, August 4, 2014

Please do your research before buying this!

5.0 out of 5 stars thanks you, February 25, 2014
thanks you love it now i can get pokemon and stuff so cool cant wait win the games i love pokemon so much fun

5.0 out of 5 stars no complaints anywhere, February 11, 2014
My action replay has fully met and exceeded my expectations. I finally beat pokemon black with it and am perfectly happy having purchased it.

Action Replay for Nintendo 3DS, DSI, DS Lite and DS - DSi Yellow