Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 13, 2013
Works in my 3DS XL but not with 3DS games. No action replay works with 3DS games. I knew this before buying it, of course, but this is something maybe less informed buyers should note before buying.
66 comments127 of 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Ok, first of all, people who say that this stops working after a couple of days either treat their action replay or any of their gaming possessions really badly. Just don't touch the gold points on any of the 3DS or DS cartridges (for obvious reason) and it'll last for a while. I say this because I used to own an Action Replay for my DS Lite before giving it away to my friend... didn't ever break and I had that thing for over 8 months (I'm sure it still works if I asked my friend).

I've been reading a lot of reviews saying that this breaks after 2 or 3 days and that is NOT true if you take care of your things. I've owned my Action Replay 3DS for about 3 days and it still works perfectly fine!

Finally, it's pretty obvious that there are no codes for 3DS because of the encryption code being a lot harder to crack than an average DS game (which has old encryption coding). So just rating it low because of that doesn't justify anything. Use common sense.

This is an excellent product and when the actual 3DS codes come out, I won't hesitate to buy it on a game that actually needs it (haven't run into a game that needs it yet).
44 comments76 of 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2015
For starters I can't fully review the product or how well the product performed because it came damaged.

I had such high hopes for this because of the rest of the reviews I had read. Both the packaging and the product package where fine and unharmed when I had come home. It wasn't until I opened it that I had noticed that the thing looked like it was pried open. I'm assuming what happened is that this item was poorly made and the glue holding it together dried out or game out. Regardless of what it was never got to try the item out.
review image review image
0Comment18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2015
It came on time, but the action replay itself was poorly constructed. It broke as soon as I took it out of its packaging. Will NEVER waste money on this again!
on March 27, 2013
Really cool item. I just bought a new Nintendo 3ds with Pokemon White, Black 2, and Zelda Ocarina of Time. I have only tried using the Action Replay with Pokemon which worked very well.
0Comment42 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2015
When I first bought this, I had so much trouble getting this thing to work. I tried everything and there was Zero support for this product except " return it and get a new one." Later I found a video saying that your Action Reply needs to be in your 3DS and turned on. That goes against the big warning label specifically saying not to do that. But out of options I plugged in the Action Reply to my computer with it powered to my 3ds and it worked! Installed and got the right drivers.

Now, that I got this product working, its fun to use. I like how I can access areas where I couldnt before. Some Cheats are OP, but its fun seeing things how the developers see the game when they made it.
on November 25, 2012
The 3ds update is necessary for players who want to use codes for the ds games and 3ds games on a 3ds. It may not have new codes but lets be realistic, it takes time for people to find new codes for new games. However the good news is that with the usb cable included, new codes can be downloaded from the internet onto the action replay. I tried to use a regular dsi action replay on my 3ds and I couldnt get it to work despite it was currently up to date. When I bought the 3ds update, it worked like a charm.
22 comments41 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2015
Not only did this not work, but it melted my son's Pokemon game. He is so upset, worst birthday gift ever!! I wish I could give it negative stars, my son loved that game!!
on July 27, 2015
I had bought this exact version at a Walmart a while ago. when i had bought it, it worked great. but for some reason, mine didnt work with 3ds. not talking about the games, just when i tried using a 3ds with ds games, it would recognize the game, but would say there was an error. looking online, i needed firmware. i had the wire, but i had made a huge mistake. when it said mine isn't compatible with 3DS after trying to install, i knew that already. but when i tried to just get codes on it after, it wouldn't even recognize as a game! not even on the computer, dsi, anything. and i tried looking online for answers. i threw it in a garbage can shortly after with no avail. i haven't contacted support because i lost the manual. but my advice to you is to not download the firmware, even if you have a older version. just use a DSI if you have to, or just find a better cheat device. a better bet would be one of those DS cards with a micro SD slot, couldn't remember the name.

Also, don't go into settings and delete all codes. that will just make you action replay a coaster as well.
on March 2, 2014
This was very affordable affordable compated to in store prices. Works just fine and came promptly. This was a newly packaged product
11 comment6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse