Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Action Replay for Nintendo 3DS, DSI, DS Lite and DS - DSi Yellow
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 13, 2013
Works in my 3DS XL but not with 3DS games. No action replay works with 3DS games. I knew this before buying it, of course, but this is something maybe less informed buyers should note before buying.
66 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2015
For starters I can't fully review the product or how well the product performed because it came damaged.

I had such high hopes for this because of the rest of the reviews I had read. Both the packaging and the product package where fine and unharmed when I had come home. It wasn't until I opened it that I had noticed that the thing looked like it was pried open. I'm assuming what happened is that this item was poorly made and the glue holding it together dried out or game out. Regardless of what it was never got to try the item out.
review image review image
on April 10, 2016
Works perfectly, has not broken after normal use. Just don't handle it too roughly or toss it around, it is somewhat fragile. I use it to Pokegen Pokemon in Pokemon Diamond and it works just fine. The software works perfectly too, but it's a bit confusing. Get it here: [...] Since the manual does a poor job of explaining how to add codes, I'll explain it here:

1. Connect your action replay with the cable while running the program. The current codes on it will pop up on the left. Do NOT connect it while it is in your DS or has a game inside it.
2. On the bottom right, right click and pick "add new code list"
3. At the top right where is says subscriptions, find your game for your region, then drag it down to the bottom right, on top of your newly created code list.
4. Right click the game and pick "add new cheat"
5. type in the cheat and name
6. drag the game with the cheats inside it to the left.
7. It will ask you if you want to override the codes for that game that are already on the action replay itself. If you need those codes, find them and put them under the game on the bottom right. Click yes
8. At the top, click commit changes
9 disconnect your action replay and use it
review image review image
on April 22, 2013
Ok, first of all, people who say that this stops working after a couple of days either treat their action replay or any of their gaming possessions really badly. Just don't touch the gold points on any of the 3DS or DS cartridges (for obvious reason) and it'll last for a while. I say this because I used to own an Action Replay for my DS Lite before giving it away to my friend... didn't ever break and I had that thing for over 8 months (I'm sure it still works if I asked my friend).

I've been reading a lot of reviews saying that this breaks after 2 or 3 days and that is NOT true if you take care of your things. I've owned my Action Replay 3DS for about 3 days and it still works perfectly fine!

Finally, it's pretty obvious that there are no codes for 3DS because of the encryption code being a lot harder to crack than an average DS game (which has old encryption coding). So just rating it low because of that doesn't justify anything. Use common sense.

This is an excellent product and when the actual 3DS codes come out, I won't hesitate to buy it on a game that actually needs it (haven't run into a game that needs it yet).
44 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2015
Works as expected, but the list of supported games seems a bit short.

Nevertheless, I like the fact that you mod the game and put it away so you won't have to insert it into the system at all time (with a part sticking out like the action replay).

Heard many people having issues with it, and the solution is to use a new USB cable instead of the one provided. Others also said they had better luck with USB 2.0 ports instead of 3.0 ports.
on November 27, 2015
For all the gamers out there. This is your cheating haven for your 3DS system.

It works! I tested it out on a few games and works 90% of the time.

If it works, why the 3 stars? One may ask.

Well, it is for a few reasons:
1) build quality. It is really flimsy. Although I haven't broken mine yet, I do fear for its life every time I use it.
2) confusing. There are so many different version of this item it is very confusing as to which one to buy. Doesn't make any sense at all!
3) updating it....couldn't find updates, it is as if the company has given up on it? I'm sure you can find codes and saves for games on your own; but why would I want to do all that work if I paid for something that's supposed to be easy to use?
on February 23, 2015
I was skeptical at first to buy this with all of the negative reviews saying that it breaks easily. I purchased this for my 13 year old son at Christmas. He's absolutely loved it and had zero problems with it. We talked with him about the fact that it can be fragile so treat it with respect and don't touch the gold connectors and it should work for a long time. He's still enjoying it with no problems.
on April 22, 2016
I'm totally disappointed in this, I was so excited too. The problem was that when I first turned it on, it immediately gave me a red screen and sat there to never load anything else, I allowed it 5 minutes before resetting it and trying again for the same amount of time. Same problem. I then turn to the "Software" and download the official action replay manager, plug the device into my main computer and my computer tells me that the device has malfunctioned and is not able to boot. I tried it on another computer, same problem.

I spent $29.99 on something that's not even heavy enough to be a paperweight. Great.
on September 13, 2014
To be honest, my other one randomly went out. But I really love this thing! I often play through Pokemon games because I beat them quickly normally, and when I want to add Pokemon from older games to newer ones, this makes it fast and easy to do so. It works well for other games, too, and I give it 5 stars simply because it's helped me out a ton (blocking unwanted fights, helping to get past obstacles, really simple things like that), and makes me enjoy the game.... once I've beaten it legitimately, of course.
on November 30, 2015
Received product a day late, when both amazon and USPS said it was delivered.

Now I go home for lunch open it up, download the software from the site try to add in a couple of codes, they would not copy over.

After that I put it into the Nintendo 3DS and nothing appeared. I hooked it back up to my pc and the software said it was full.

Looked up some troubleshooting I tried to do the reset from the software, said version number not detected.

Will return and not buy this product again.