Published 24 months ago by Don Vongviphut

3.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME CAMERA-NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8 OR NEWER =(
Published 2 months ago by Jon Kepner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for its price point, but limited in terms of its HD usage, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Action Shot HD POV Camera Bonus Pack (Includes HD Video Camera, Viewer, Case, Memory Card, and Mounting Kit) (Camera)
I got this with its bundle through Woot for a very cool price. It came with all of the accessories (case, waterproof case, video player, mounts, straps, etc). Well, I mounted this to my motorcycle in hopes of getting good HD footage. Well, at only 720p with 30 fps, the video comes out wobbly when I went on the road. At a standstill, the HD footage is not bad at all. But in movement, the video quality has very noticeable 'wriggles, wobbles, and waves'...which is just not appealing.

I switched over to VGA quality, which is at 60fps and my video footage didn't have any more of the waves. So, all in all, I now use the camera in just standard version.

All in all, this camera is very, very handy in terms of its accessories and its build. It's sturdy and I'm rather sure you can use it for whatever activities you have...but just not in palatable HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific gadget, January 18, 2013
I got this bundle on sale from an Amazon subsidiary.

Now I wish I had bought two.

This unit produces surprising good 1280p HD 30fps video. Far from perfect, mind you, but much better than I had anticipated from such a low-priced unit. There are also 60fps VGA 640 x 480 mode and a 120fps QVGA (320 x240) modes in addition to a still photograph mode.

The brief, but thorough, manual warns in bold face "Action Shot Camera has been optimized for OUTDOOR & DAYLIGHT use. For best results INDOORS, use in well lit areas". Needless to say, I initially used it indoors in areas with average lighting and I was very pleasantly surprised. The video was noisy, but details were still sharp. Very impressive, indeed.

Operation is simple and takes only a minute or two to learn.

A 2GB micro-SDHC came with the unit and the specs say it will hold a 32GB. Your battery would be long drained before you could fill up a card that large. A charge will give you 2 to 4 hours, depending on use and resolution.

For such an inexpensive unit, the engineering and manufacture are quite impressive. The camera itself has nice touches, like a sliding cover over the card slot. There's a switch for power and mode setting and a shutter button. There is also a mini-USB slot.

I know I've been using a lot of superlatives here, but this unit merits them. The bundle comes with a mounting case, a case supposedly good for water depths of up to 10 feet, a base capable of being adjusted through a 180 degree arc, a handlebar mount, a flat mount with adhesive backing and a good quality headband. There's also a USB to mini-USB stub for charging the battery, which can take up to 4 hours. And finally there's a snap-on viewer with a 1.5 inch LCD and speaker.

Overall, for the video experimenter who isn't demanding theatrical quality HD video, this is a great unit, very versatile and a lot of fun to play with it.

Like I said, I got mine on sale - and now wish I bought two.

Jerry

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, January 25, 2013
I have seen several better POC HD cameras but they are in the hundreds of dollars. This nifty little bundle has everything you need if you are starting out making POV videos. I was impressed with its durability after having dropped it several times even without the protective case that comes with it. Videos indoors have a bit of an amber hue to them but that may be due to the included detachable player. It's not claimed to be optimized for indoors in low lighting but it seems to do fine. I have yet to use it outdoors in good lighting conditions but I have seen a few videos on the interweb from people who have. Battery time is a few hours but the included 2GB micro SD card will not hold that much when in HD mode. I recommend picking up a 32GB class10 or better card if you don't want to be space limited. My kids are excited about the waterproof case and can't wait to take a bunch of underwater videos this summer. All in all, for the price and all you get, this is an excellent bundle for starters

3.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME CAMERA-NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8 OR NEWER =(, November 6, 2014
The camera is really good. The quality for the price is 5 star. For $50 you cannot go wrong!!! The problem is, is that it is not compatible with Windows 8 or higher, so we cannot do anything more than charge the camera. We cannot even view anything from the camera on the computer unless we have an older version of Windows. All of the attachments are great!!! The sound is a little muffled if you mount it on a dirtbike by the way, the engine noise, unless mounted on top of the helmet, is very annoying! The camera in itself, attachments, performance and versatility for $50 is probably the best you can do!!! The fact that you have to have an old version of Windows is something that I should have probably looked into before purchasing...

4.0 out of 5 stars i really like this product, February 27, 2014
i bought this camera after watching tons of you-tube videos and decided to get it. it was $130 but on sale for $60 i use it for paintball and mounted it to my gun and the video was great. it comes with all the parts you need so once you buy it its ready to go out the box. it comes with a 2 gig micro sd which inst alot of memory for videos so i recommend getting a larger one for lasting use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, June 17, 2014
A bargain at twice the price. Be sure you get the hd version. All the accessories really make the deal. It does require pretty good light, outdoors is great. Has plenty of optional speed settings. Still discovering uses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 29, 2013
I tried it in my first Parachuting Jump using the HD mode, made a great work.. very reliable.. awesome set !

5.0 out of 5 stars No doubt this camera is a winner!!!!!!, August 13, 2014
VERY VERY UPSET AND DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!! THAT I DIDN'T BUY MORE!!!!!!!!!! THIS CAMERA IS AMAZING!!!!!!! Dont get me wrong but this product compared to my GoPro price for what you get and quality id go with this without a second thought I am just amazed!!!! Without going deep in it but in low light GoPro sucks but this camera was great. What really got me was you get THE TOTAL PACKAGE INCLUDING CAMERA AND ACCESSORIES FOR THE PRICE OF JUST ONE YES (1) GOPRO ACCESSORY and YES that includes an LCD view screen!!!!! I'm definitely buying more!!!!!!!! My best investment in a while.... good job guys!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent little camera, low price., April 20, 2014
I purchased this to capture some video of my friends and I doing some woods riding on dirt bikes. I'm not making a documentary or anything so I didn't want to put several hundred dollars into a Go Pro or similar unit and accessories. For the price, this thing works great! I did some YouTube research so I knew what to expect for video quality, it does the job. I had seen the video appear jumpy, especially in motorsports applications. It seems like this is worst when the handlebar mount is used. This might be ok for a bicycle but a motorcycle or snowmobile moving at speed on rougher terrain can be a problem. I recommend mounting it to your helmet or torso (chest protector etc.), the video comes out much more stable that way. You'll definitely want more memory but the included 2GB card will be enough to get you started. With all the accessories and the price (only about $50), this is a decent little camera at a decent little price!

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday presents for 7 yr old twin boys, March 18, 2013
I've done my research and watched several youtube videos from this camera. Understanding you get what you pay for I'm very confident that this is going to be a huge hit with my twins who are turning 7. We're taking them to the closest kroc center for their birthday which includes an awesome rock wall and huge water slide. Everything we need to give this thing the test run! I'll post a video review of the boys wearing these on their rock wall climb and down the enclosed water slide. :) For this price I'm not going to complain this is a great bundle for kids to have fun with. If your an adult, using this for yourself PLEASE stop complaining about this product after all you are purchasing something from the toy aisle!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›