Customer Discussions > The Principle of Relevance forum

Action or Reflection?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2010 5:30:25 AM PDT
Xing Lu says:
The most popular modern self help literature is a triumph of exhortations to move, do change. Move move move, do do do, change change change, take action now. And in The Principle of Relevance I am often guilty of the same: set your objective! Know your priorities! Only then you can find relevance. Having an action prone personality, and having read a good part of these - often extremely useful - books, I also tend to spring to action fast rather than waiting around.

But there are times when one might find it difficult to set those goals, objectives and priorities. Times when priorities seem to be ever shifting. In the digital age, this may be a daily reality in our normal interactions and work ordeals. But sometimes this also affects our innermost self, our relationships, the search for our life purpose.

In these circumstances, our "quick, act now, respond" mechanisms just do not seem to work well and we find ourselves struggling as in the meantime the outside world, and often our own mind, is constantly - sometimes frantically - pressuring us to make decisions, do something, move, take action.

In a difficult situation that requires some soul searching, "what is my intention?" can take months or even years to be answered. That is when a period of simmering, of letting in information, thoughts, events, actions and reactions without judgment and without feeling the pressure to make immediate decisions and take immediate response, at least for some time, can take one to a much wiser place than before. Giving the body and the mind time and space to process and digest.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 13, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Principle of Relevance
The Principle of Relevance by Stefania Lucchetti (Paperback - April 9, 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (10)