Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on November 2, 2011
Works well with ATT DSL. Replaced a Motorola 2210 piece of garbage. The main issue I had was connecting it with a Linksys E4200 router. After I got the modem up, I had to get support from Linksys. I had to reset and reconfigure per the techs instructions. He was great. Make sure you allow yourself plenty of time. I started at 6:00PM and did not finish till 11:00PM.
Runs much cooler and stable so far.
on April 3, 2013
It's not an improvement over other brands. In fact, it is much slower, hangs up and drops out. It puts off just as much heat. My recommendation is to stay with the model furnished by the DSL provider.
on September 17, 2010
Ordered this to replace the modem(Siemens SE567) provided by my ISP (Forntier)they were charging $4.50/mo. Follow the instruction in the quick start guide, and was up and running in less than 10 min. Does require user id and password from the ISP if don't have them. Highly recommended !!
on November 9, 2010
This thing is the best. It replaced a still working DSL router. This modem is now connected to a Linksys router and It's the best DSL modem I ever had. The one that came with AT&T just sucked. The setup was clear and really easy and took about 15 minutes to setup using the Auto setup.
on February 12, 2013
Set-up was a snap, connected straight away to my AT&T DSL connection without a hitch. Changed a few settings in my Linksys router and my wireless was up and running. Would definitely recommend this product.
on December 14, 2011
I tried two of these modems at two different locations and had problems with both. The connection would drop at speeds over 8mbit - this modem is supposed to be fine for higher ADSL+ speeds. Uploads would just hang. Speedtest websites would be very choppy while testing - stop/start, stop/start. Both locations had sonic.net service so don't know if it's them or just a poorly made modem. I tried an old Speedstream and it was fine. So ended up trying the sonic.net recommended ZTE ZXDSL 831-II and so far working flawlessly at 13/14 mbit in both locations.
on July 15, 2011
Reviews on amazon.com were right. 5 stars! I am very happy with my purchase. Very clear instructions on how to set up. My problem turned out to be with my computer. The clarity of the help from actiontec helped me pinpoint where my problem was, and made it easier to get it fixed.
on December 16, 2011
1/20/2011 Update: Modem died almost one month to the day I received it. Called Actiontec and the guy could not stop deviating from a script to listen to what I was telling him. Kept having to repeat myself. Totally wasted phone call to their tech support.

Setup of this modem was much easier compared to the one it replaced (TPLink). Easy to follow directions. My only gripe is that the box says it is compatible with Centurylink DSL. Would not connect. Tried to do it manually and Centurylink was not one of the services listed (need to fix that guys!). Called Centurylink first to get info I needed. Once I did that I started to call Actiontec for help. Figured it out myself. Works great now!
on October 25, 2011
Bought to replace a ATT Netopia router. which was not to bad, except for running very hot, then would get temperamental with heavy use. Disassembled the cover off the Netopia, it helped but still ran hot.

With the Actiotec DSL Router: it just doesn't get any better. Practically sets itself up, the screens are easy to understand. And manual settings, allow for any use could dream of. And best of all: is always as cool as a cucumber.

This product rates a ten, (and no my uncle doesn't work there :-))

Larry
on February 20, 2011
I order one for new service, that is sonic.net. I get one used modem 2 week before new sevice activate. I cannot wait to see how this modem work and attemp to replace Motorola modem( AT&T) with this . Set up is very easy with automatic configure feature. Type in user name and password and done. The modem work well until I got new service. With new ISp like sonic it is more easy. It autoconfigure everything in about 3 minutes and I can acess ti internet without typing anything and now after 2week it still reliable... what a good and easy modem I ever see.