5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of an issue with Qwest, but Actiontec Service rocks!
The auto set-up did not work for me. First call was to Qwest. "Sorry, it doesn't support Qwest" was the answer. "Need to buy another one from us." I got the settings anyway, and called Actiontec.
If you're having this problem:
Go to advanced settings.
Click on "IP Addressing - WAN IP Settings"
Select "PPPoe" for #2
Click on Apply...
Published on April 29, 2011 by J. Inman

2.0 out of 5 stars The Sorry State of Wireless N Routers with DSL Modems - Updated with a Recommendation
After my 2Wire failed, I bought a NetGear DGN3500. It will not hold a wifi connection and crashed daily. I got sick of rebooting (and yes I have the latest .28 firmware). I bought the Actiontec. It does not cut it either. Open to suggestions on a decent product.

Pros
Fast boot, DSL sync, and connection (almost no latency).
Excellent wifi range...
Published on May 3, 2011 by Wii Fan

‹ Previous | 134 35 3699 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars junk, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N DSL Modem Router (GT784WN) (Personal Computers)
I was trying to upgrade to a modem with Wifi capability...this only worked for less than one week and went belly up! Arg!

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk!, March 8, 2012
I purchased this DSL modem/router to replace a 10 year old wired modem I had from AT&T. Connection went fine, but I never got the wireless to work. Actiontec Tech Support is next to worthless. AT&T won't help if you didn't buy their modem. So I never was able to take advantage of wireless.

Then 2 1/2 months after I connected this new modem, it stopped working. Rebooting, hitting reset, unplugging doesn't work. Wireless light goes out and Internet light remains red. Amazon doesn't take returns after 30 days.. so I have a piece of junk modem that I'll be trashing and buying the Netgear from AT&T. I re-connected my old wired 10 year old modem that I still had from AT&T and will wait on my new Netgear from AT&T. That way, I can be assured of Tech Support and a good brand name.

Don't buy this modem!

1.0 out of 5 stars This thing sucks, March 7, 2012
I've had it for about two months. It's wired up, but still continues to drop signals. Major pain in the butt. And to get it started again takes forever. Shut off, turn on, unplug, hit reset. Going online shouldn't be this frustrating. Grrrrrr

1.0 out of 5 stars unresolvable issues when using cisco vpn, March 7, 2012
I purchased this router in late Dec after reading generally favorable reviews. I work remotely and have had to do a lot of data mining in the last few weeks on remote servers. My Cisco VPN connection would repeatedly and randomly drop as often as every 10 min, making me lose my mining sessions. I initially thought it was my ISP, given that I am limited to 1.5 Mbps in my rustic neighborhood; however, I was unable to find any latency or bandwidth spikes associated with the drops. Furthermore, on a recent visit to Silicon Valley where I was running as low as 0.5 Mbps in the hotels there were no issues. I confirmed that my router firmware was current. I also tried port forwarding for 3 of the UDP ports mentioned in one of the tech forums (500, 4500, 10000), in addition to turning off the firewall. No luck. Actiontec tech support was completely unhelpful, denying that their router could be the cause. The solution: a new Netgear DGN200 with standard configuration.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great for 6 Days, March 5, 2012
Got it on the 22th of Feb. worked great until the 28th of Feb. That was the first time I got the call from
my wife. The internet is not working!!! So this was the first time to pull the power and this fixed it until the next day then we were was resetting it 2 times a day. Until yesterday the 4th of March when it wouldn't pick up the DSL. Called Actiontec the call lasted maybe 4 minutes and the tech said it was broke return it to Amazon. Which by the way was a very easy process. I am now going to try a NETGEAR DGND3300 RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Router with Built-in DSL Modem. This is about double the price hope it works lasts a lotttttt longer than the Actiontec.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actiontec wireless and modem, March 1, 2012
Was quick to come and works great. Was easy to set up, only took a few minutes and ready to go. Nice to have the net running fast again.

5.0 out of 5 stars On the bandwagon with all the positive vibes!, February 18, 2012
John "Gumby" (Saint Clairsville, OH, United States) - See all my reviews
I am a novice, so a little tricky with the transition to ATT. But with some perserverence and about 30minutes it was up and running. Was paying 60$ a month for comcast internet cable now paying 20$ with the DSL. Not as fast but still streams Netflix. Totally worth it.
The Wizard did the hard work - I just had to reread the setup instructions a couple times. My total cost 65$ - saved 100$ ATT router + 200$ for a technician in house setup. Nice range - better than the Netgear wireless router I was using.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, good wireless range, February 16, 2012
I didn't give this a five star rating because of the initial difficulty setting it up, but once and I was able to finally access the device with my notebook everything went smoothly. The unit performs flawlessly and has a great wireless range with an indicated 144 MBPS, my old unit had a 54 MBPS.
Also the tech support was outstanding with Actiontec, they followed me through the installation and were very professional.
If you have a DSL Service this modem is outstanding.
Dr. Rocky

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried it twice, but no go, February 15, 2012
I bought this based on generally positive reviews. Got the first one up and running in no time, but it kept dropping the internet, unlike my old reliable (but old) 2Wire Home Portal 1000SW. (I'm a California AT&T DSL customer.)Since the item looked a little scuffed when I took it out of the box, I wondered if it was a rebuild sold as new. I sent it back and ordered another one. Exact same behavior from the new one - easy setup, but drops the signal. I called Actiontec support for help, and they guided me through a reset. No improvement, so back it goes! This is where Amazon's returns process really shines - unlike the product! I guess I'll just get along with my old reliable for a while longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had similar experience with setup..., February 15, 2012
but it doesn't warrant 4 stars.

I bought this gateway to replace my 2Wire2701HG-B gateway (those things are extremely horrid gateways). Setup takes a bit of time. Like most other reviews stated. Skip the quick setup entirely and manually set up your DSL settings manually if you know them, then just slap in your network login info. If not, Actiontech's support is pretty good. Don't bother calling your isp, they'll treat you like a red headed step child once they find out you're trying to set up a third party modem. Not sure what the gripe was about lack of features for this gateway. Has a firewall, port forwarding features, DMZ support, blocking services, and I can run two SSID's on it.

My previous 2wire gateway (which was my 3rd one, btw) started failing and disconnecting from the internet about every 10 minutes. It became a very frustrating issue when trying to use hulu/netflix, or any other media streaming service. Do yourself a favour and give this gateway a chance. It's WELL worth it. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck than you expected.

‹ Previous | 134 35 3699 | Next ›