Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Actiontec MyWirelessTV MWTV200KIT-01 Multi-Room Wireless HD Video Kit
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Style Name: WiFi HDMI HD Video Kit|Change
Price:$229.99+ $5.53 shipping

on May 17, 2013
Bought it about 2 months ago and a powered HDMI splitter just to make sure. Glad I did. With the powered HD splitter the System works well, HD pic is excellent. After shut down at night i have to recycle in the morning by turning on main tv, unplugging sending unit for about one min, then turn on receiving unit. There is no pic for me if i dont follow this procedure. Because of my house situation I can't use the cable provider remote. I use comcast tv tuning app for iPad to turn channels and everything is golden. Any idea how to preclude recycle each day?

update on 22Nov 2014: still working quite well with identified glitch as above. just unplug the power cord to back of transmitter, wait 2-3 seconds, plug back in. signal will then broadcast to your receiver. No need to unplug power on receiver or do anything else. Life would be easy if only there was an on-off switch on the transmitter.
on December 3, 2012
First of all way less carbs and fat than bread and pie.
My PC is now everywhere. Super simple.

For PC connection BUY a usb mini to usb cable for keyboard! (Not included)

I followed instructions, and powered on the receiver 3 rooms away - 30 feet or more, waited a couple minutes while the lights flickered - be patient, and all worked great!

I use it for Hulu free account. MyWireless works perfectly for that.
Also it is easier and faster and better control than AllShare Play from PC to other rooms.

I had a Logitech K400 already for Samsung SmartTV, which worked perfectly to control the PC in the other room. The touchpad slight delay took moments to get used to. I had to set image size on TV (fit to screen brought PC screen edges inside the frame).

Figuring out the screen size was the only hassle, other than not having the right usb cable for keyboard backchannel.

I am still figuring out the exact procedure to pause a show and get the PC to recognize the switch to other TV and keyboard. I rebooted the reciever which took 30 seconds, but I am going to try other ways an will write back with the most efficient method....
on January 5, 2012
This device provides wireless Video that is simple and just works. Plug both items in with the provided HDMI cables, wait about 30 seconds, and you have great looking 1080p video. This is the first Wireless HDMI unit I've tried but am very impressed. I don't see any visual artifacts from compression, and audio sounds the same as well.

Occasionally there are some screen flashes from powering devices on and off, but never when watching video.
on February 1, 2014
The item worked as advertised with clear instructions and a phone number to call with any questions and tech help. The real problem was not with the item but with my cable company. They don't allow it and it was detected and stopped working. I don't want another cable line in my house and they don't provide wireless so I had to return it.
on December 16, 2012
I purchased this product to share my Dish 722 box between 3 locations. One was on the passthrough port, and the other two were using Actiontec My Wireless TV Receivers. Installation seemed straightforward enough until I got to the syncing, which is the most critical part. I had a lot of trouble getting the first receiver, located only about 40 feet away, to sync with the transmitter. Finally I had to give up and call the manufacturer, but that resulted in a 30 minute wait. After half an hour on the phone with a tech who was decidedly unhelpful, he decided that I needed to speak with a second level support tech. This tech seemed much more competent, and I was actually beginning to think we would get somewhere. I got the units to sync, and the picture was surprisingly good.

Happy with the ultimate result, if not the time required to get there, I moved to the 2nd location, about 70 ft. away from base station. Again, there was some difficulty with the syncing, but I was able to get it going with an acceptable signal. I did see some reduction in quality here, and there was the occasional drop-out, but if it had stayed with that, I would have been willing to continue to use the product.

Unfortunately, that was not to be. While switching channels, my wife noticed that the main TV on the passthrough port was going blank intermittently. I checked, and sure enough, the picture was beginning to be a bit erratic. Then I decided to turn off the TV connected to the 2nd receiver, and it actually crashed the entire system. Not only did I lose the other receiver, but my main TV on the passthrough port went to a blank screen full of static.

This was a very bad omen, but I thought perhaps if I ordered a splitter and took the passthrough port out of the system, things might get better. The splitter came (very good one, by the way: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1PA24MSM1NROM), but now I had another problem: the sync issue was back with a vengance. This time I tried all the tricks, but to no avail. Not wishing to spend another hour plus on the phone, I'm tossing in the towel. I've sent the product back and will continue to look for the best way to extend the HDMI ports to my other two rooms.
on April 28, 2015
I love the concept...but it tends to lose signal or get those blocky digital things when signal isn't clear. And I'm talking about a tv with the receiver no more than 30-35' from the tv with the transmitter. But it does work...just not perfect.
on January 4, 2014
We had some trouble at first with no sound. Turns out hdmi has some type of copyright guard on it, I guess to stop recording or copying stuff. That's fine so we had some trouble when we would try to watch tv both up stairs and down. But if you run one set at a time it does not have any issues. So for that fact and that it works rather well I gave it five stars. Using it to watch cable in another room with our having to by a second box am
Nod pull cable all around the house. Also the remote works very well once you set up the infrared transmitter and receiver supplied with the kit. So I purchased a second remote and now jut keep it in the other room. I'm glad I got this.
on July 10, 2015
Worked perfectly right out of the box. Had it up and running in about a minute. I synced the transmitter and receiver from within the same room, then started playing with the receiver location throughout the house. I ended up placing them about 80ft apart, with 4 walls (one was a brick fireplace) for their final resting place.

Cons:
You can link multiple receivers to one transmitter, where in the heck can you buy a single receiver?! The ones I have found cost upwards of $250, which is almost a hundred dollars more than a new kit all together!

I can't pin point the problem for sure, but it seems like after 6 months of use, the transmitter's broadcast strength has become weaker, and I had to bump the transmitter one room over (about 14ft and one wall) closer to the receiver because signal was lost between the two. But.... this may be an effect of other new devices in it's broadcast path.

IR push doesn't work with my Qsee cctv system's remote control (which is what I originally bought the actiontec for)
on August 2, 2014
These units are as twitchy as hell, but what they do is hard. We have one sender and three receivers and some days they work, on others you have to turn the unused ones off or run around the house unplugging them and resetting and so on until they finally get in synch again. When they are good, they are very, very good and when they are bad you can get a weeks worth of exercise.
on July 12, 2012
we purchase these items to use in the church to aid in our video and audeo expansion we are using three recievers and one transmitter everything works as advertized i would recommend these items for use by anyone.