Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ansell ActivArmr 97-003 Nitrile Coated Heavy Laborer Gloves, Cut Resistant, Adjustable Cuff, Large, Blue/Black (1 Pair)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 6, 2013
After trying many work gloves these were the only ones that held up to a very tough job. I use these gloves while building rock steps on hiking trails. The work is hard, demanding and I have to dig in rocky soil by hand and move very large rocks. All other gloves either split at a seam or just out ripped and failed. I especially like how comfortable they are and the easy on and easy off is a plus. Best work gloves I have ever owned. A definite buy rating from me.
on April 14, 2014
These are truly excellent gloves. Strong and durable and properly padded. The best feature is how long they last. First pair lasted 5 months of heavy use. Typical heavy gloves last about a week or two before holes or fingertips wear out.
on March 12, 2014
Only giving four stars because I haven't had an occasion to experience the cut or puncture protection yet which is why I purchased them. You shouldn't expect them to last very long with daily handling of highly abrasive materials like bricks, broken rock and concrete, but neither will any other material short of chain mail.

Otherwise I give these a 5-star rating on everything else. The gloves fit better and are more comfortable and flexible than expected. You can actually pick up small parts and manipulate bolts and nuts with relative ease. They fit my hands and fingers well - my hands are an average 'large' size and that's the glove size I ordered.

A REAL PLUS, NOT ADVERTISED that I discovered by accident: These gloves work on my touch screen devices! Just as well as the expensive touch screen gloves sold for that purpose!
on May 11, 2014
Very comfortable, fit me perfectly. I have large hands for a lady, usually wear a men's small. Great feel, have sliced them with sharp hoof knives and files many times. No rips, or shreds and my hands stay safe and provide a great feel. Love them as work gloves as well!
on September 25, 2014
A young man joined our crew of machinists in early June of 2014 and brought his own gloves - these Ansell ActivArmr 97-003 gloves. He had used them for a couple of months at his previous employer, and has now used them here for four months. There is hardly any sign of wear at all on the fabric, or even on the palms and fingers. In addition, mobility and tactile sensitivity is better than any glove I've assigned for use in a machine shop so far, and I've been in the EHS business for over two decades. Lastly, the coating on the palms and fingers is great for gripping parts that are wet with oily, slippery coolant. This is now going to be my go-to glove for our machinists in all departments and on all three shifts.
on May 11, 2016
I had an incorrect expectation of these gloves. Cut and puncture resistant, I thought they may also be good to use in residential work around the home. Bad guess on my part. They are no better than good pair of work gloves when you encounter any bramble such as holly bush leaves or other thorny vegetation.
on July 31, 2015
I don't write that many posts about products but this one I have to. At first they fit nicely but as I was wearing them, they started to itch and it looks like there are thin metal shaving poking out of the area in between the thumb and index finger, right in the crotch of the the two. I won't get them again, I'll get cheaper ones that are more comfortable.
on February 10, 2015
These gloves are tough when it comes to abrasion/wear. No doubt about that in my experience. Having owned a few pairs, curiously though, they haven't really tolerate heavy dirt in my experience... they've neither resisted nor released it- and wind up failing at joints.

I guess if I had work where I really wanted good protection for my hands - where there was no/little risk of exposure to dirt/particulate contamination - I'd get these gloves again.
on August 1, 2015
I can find no fault with these gloves so far....I have used them while chopping and stacking wood, general yard work and welding, not prolonged welding, just quick repairs. The palm pads are still intact and there are no holes in the material, the Velcro is also going strong. I'll get these again
on April 7, 2014
I always start by saying I only write reviews if I totally love a product, so here we go. I started to believe it was not possible to purchase a glove that lasted more than a couple months. I've ordered most brands of gloves that Amazon carries and was let down every time. A couple times I've paid as much as 45.00 on work gloves just to have holes form on the side of the finger tips after a few weeks. The Ansell ActivArmr has made me a believer, after 2 months of use the only sign of wear is a little cracking of the nitrile material on the webbing of the thumb. The velcro is even keeping it's grip and not tearing a hole in the in the attached part of the glove. I put a lot of stress on that part because I constantly take my gloves off through the night when I'm finished working with the equipment. The only problem some people may have is every so often you may feel like your hands are being scratched, similar to when handling steel wool. Thats a minor inconvenience for me since it's seldom happens after the first week of use. I'm getting ready to order another pair just to have on hand in case they ever discontinue this glove.