5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST version, January 20, 2010
This review is from: An Actor's Work on a Role (Hardcover)
Forget about An Actor Prepares. When I went to Russia several years ago the first thing they told me was to wait for An Actor's Work on a Role to come out in the united states. It is the most celebrated and accurate English translation of Stanislavski's work. Major misconceptions, that we Americans have been holding onto for centuries are cleared up in this version. One example is the translation of a Russian word into the English, "feeling" when the translation should have been to a word such as "experiencing" or "sensing". Anyone in the actors community will recognize a huge difference in those two words. I strongly urge anyone who is a student or wishes to teach the Stanislavski SYSTEM (not method, another mistake) to buy An Actor's Work on a Role.

5.0 out of 5 stars A case against method acting and its traditions, January 18, 2010
This review is from: An Actor's Work on a Role (Hardcover)
An Actor's Work on a Role provides the author's classic exploration of the rehearsal process and techniques of his actor training system, making for a strong reference for any college-level library strong in drama, film and acting. This is a new translation that includes his original teachings plus supplementary material and notes from the rehearsals themselves, making a case against method acting and its traditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 17, 2014
This review is from: An Actor's Work on a Role (Hardcover)
Great technique and reading it as we speak, another must for an Actor bibliography

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 15, 2014
Seminal

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Freaking Awesome and Like Great and Stuff, November 19, 2013
This review is from: An Actor's Work on a Role (Hardcover)
OMG! Are you freaking kidding me or what? This book is awesome!!!!!!!! For real!!!! Stravinski totally get into the deep s*** when it comes to going all out for your character. I don't know how many times while reading this book I was like, "WHAT?" and "OH HELL NO" but I am telling you this book is for real. On like one page Stalininiski is all do this and try that and my mind was like yeah, exactly! I haven't exactly gotten a role yet but I keep tryin and this book is the main reason. I've had to tear out a few chapters here and there to get the fire started in the old barrel we use to keep ourselves warm under the bridge at night but it's cool cause I dun memorized all that. And I know as long as I keep applying the techniques outlined by Mr. Stradivarius it's gonna be all good.

An Actor's Work on a Role
An Actor's Work on a Role by Constantin Stanislavski (Hardcover - October 1, 2009)
$50.00 $32.48