Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Actron CP9145 AutoScanner Diagnostic Code Scanner with Live, Record and Playback Data Capability for OBDII Vehicles
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 23, 2008
This product is very easy to use. Very satisfied with this product. The only negative thing about this product so far is the cord it comes with is way too short needs to be longer. Not something you have to pay extra for as an option.
on July 4, 2007
This tool is great if you love to work on your own. It didn't find my problem because it was a timeing chain. But, my brother has already helped a friend to fix his car. He said it was a easy machine to use. It was also a great price.
on May 25, 2008
on February 6, 2010
This Actron autoscanner has help me figure out what was going on with my Cadillac (why the check engine light had come on) and the scanner had taken the guess work out. Thanks! for the super low price!!
on August 4, 2006
I bought a cp9145 to work on my 95 Caprice (which is an OBD1 car) and using it has been a very frustating experience. Including the adapter cord for obd1 cars, I paid about $230 (not from Amazon), and so far, the information it has given me has been worth about 37 cents to me. The check engine light was on and the scanner told me "dtc 26 Output driver module fault CCP circuit". I found out, by other means, that the problem was an electically operated valve in the Evaporative Emissions Control system. Actron does not provide any other information for OBD1 cars and did not respond to my e-mail questions. I find the manual poorly organized and difficult to use. Also, the outside of the box it came in says it has a one year warranty, but when I got it home, there was no warranty information inside the box. I have not had any trouble from my OBD2 car, so I cannot comment on that function.
on March 24, 2010
I have used this scanner for a 98 town and country and it works great. It has saved me a trip to the dealership for an egr valve. I feel like I can work on cars again!
on July 16, 2006
The unit is very well built. Instructions are easy to read. The scanner is simply to use. I've used it on a 98' volvo xc70 and a Mazda Protege, very good purchase.
on January 23, 2010
Reads codes and explains what the codes mean. Has real time diagnostics which is handy. A definite must for the backyard mechanic
on August 10, 2012
I was greatly relieved when, after several years of being unable to check the fault codes on my 1995 Oldsmobile with my ten year old OBD II scanner, I discovered this one. Thanks to a review on Amazon's site I was able to confirm that this scanner would work on my '95 Olds. It gave me more information than I expected, providing real time information from over 50 sensors as well as providing the both present and history fault codes with their descriptive information. I agree with other reviewers that the supplied OBD II cable was too short and the screen was difficult to read. Because of the short cable the tool had to be read while it was laying against the car's brake pedal. I found this tool intuitive to use. I haven't looked at the instruction manual yet. It was over $30 cheaper at Amazon than at Pep Boys.
on November 2, 2008
We had a warning light that kept coming on in our vehicle and as a result we failed inspection. We bought this, hooked it up to the vehicle and found out what the code meant. Looked it up online and knew exactly what was wrong with the vehicle. With the help of the Chilton's manual, fixed the vehicle with a part that cost $7. Owning this device prevented us from having to go to the shop, having them put the same equipment on the vehicle and charging us $100 to tell us the same thing we found out. We've used this numerous times for ourselves and family & friends. Saving everyone a ton of money. It's paid for itself tenfold.