Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2011 2:42:01 PM PDT
tom says:
Is this actually going to be limited, or will there be piles available for $80 after launch? I got burned on Halo Reach Legendary and am hoping to avoid the same mistake twice.

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 1:03:17 PM PDT
Ryan says:
By all accounts it should be more limited than halo reach LE. The Statue seems to be the limiting factor to how many EEs that they produce since it is made by Triforce (I think).

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 12:12:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2011 12:13:04 PM PDT
J. Sherman says:
I highly doubt it will be limited. It will probably be overstocked and sold for like $60 to dump inventory within a couple months. Your example of the Halo Reach Legendary is a good one - I recall Bungie saying before release that it was going to be extremely limited so if you want to guarantee yourself one you better pre-order months early, or else you would be out of luck... also mentioning that they learned their lesson with the Halo 3 Legendary and producing too many, reducing its value. As it turned out that statement was complete and utter hogwash.

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 11:37:49 AM PDT
TJ says:
If there is only a certain number of them made then it is limited. The statue is made by triforce and it is hand made (I am pretty sure) so they won't make a ton of them but chances are there will be some left because of the price. I will be buying it Day one along with the controller because I am a huge gear head and I need a new controller. (Right bumper is broke)

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 4:53:39 AM PDT
If it is still available right up to the day it is released it can't be that limited. They would produce them based on preorders received. They would cap the edition size many weeks before it ships.

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 6:38:19 AM PDT
Terrnece says:
I have the epic on pre-order as of right now. but if they don't put a cap on it closer to release then I will get the SE for now and wait a little bit for the price drop

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2011 12:06:02 PM PDT
TJ says:
You have to understand not many people can buy these with the economy how it is. By a Cap do you mean so you can't order it anymore? The LE at gamestop is already unavailable as far as I know. If you think there will be some after release (There always has for CE's of this price) then do not order it and wait.

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 11:00:37 PM PDT
J. Sherman says:
Don't forget, Halo Reach LE and Legendary were both "sold out" at GameStop pre-release, but that still hasn't stopped a ton of those editions still collecting dust on store shelves only to be sold at bargain bin prices.

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 10:54:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2011 10:57:45 AM PDT
Dan Zapix says:
I wouldn't be at all shocked that 2 months later on Black Friday, you'd see these running at 50% off (which prompted me to buy one for a friend)
It happened with Halo Reach last year, it'll happen with Gears 3. By EPIC EDITION being "limited" they mean how many people they can screw on full price. That and there won't be any more produced than the initial number of them produced, where as the normal game will stay in production.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 4:14:47 AM PDT
Joe Moer says:
I think these are kind of limited (but you never know when Microsoft pulls the marketing strings). In Europe and Rest of the World they have stopped pre-orders a month ago as the US market gets priority. Statues are produced in China, don't be fooled. I think the painting is done in the US.

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 5:40:03 PM PDT
Rob DeLuca says:
there is apparently 150k statues being made, so that gives you an idea

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 12:51:48 AM PDT
A lot of people will pre-order this. And it may even sell out. But if people return/don't pick their copy up from the store it's more on the shelf. If you're buying it for the sake of saying "I have this and everyone else doesn't!" you're wasting your time. I have no intention of taking the chance of it not being available, nor do I want to sit and wait a full year or two for the price to drop.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 12:29:34 AM PDT
Today:

@therealcliffyb
"Doing everything I can to make sure the G3 limited editions are *actually* limited. Sad to see mega editions piled up months later on sale."

https://twitter.com/#!/therealcliffyb/status/110188788298420226

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 7:26:03 AM PDT
JO MOMMA says:
I am getting the console also so i will keep my epic edition sealed and ready for a return if the price drops to $80 like the legendary edition of reach. I got burned also because Bungi said it would be limited.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 9:48:54 AM PDT
Matt Burcke says:
It won't drop that low until well past the 30 day mark. I'm a little mixed on this. I had a feeling Amazon would have stopped pre-orders by now if it was truly THAT limited.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2011 7:27:02 AM PDT
Maybe, but $150 is honestly a lot for some people when they could get the game for $60. I've no issue believing it's limited.

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 2:21:51 PM PDT
Mass says:
I got burned on Halo 3 legendary, Halo reach legendary, and the "Limited edition" Final Fantasy Xbox 360 console... For the rest of my life i will only buy standard edition games and consoles.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 7:15:23 AM PDT
R. Pickman says:
If you absolutely must have the statue, then you should get it on launch. You never know. If you can live without it, you may want to pick up the regular edition, get your $20 credit and wait to see if the Epic Edition comes down to $50 in 6 months, sell your standard and pick up the epic. That's what I did with Killzone 3.

If it's any indication this trend has happened to nearly every major title's $100+ edition over the past few years.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about