Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on January 30, 2013
This is a great product... if you have large ear canals. I have tried the Hocks Noise Breakers and they noticeably muffle sound, but I can hear flushing game birds better than standard plugs - of course they don't protect as well as standard plugs. The Acu-Life ear plugs don't muffle sound as much. In fact I initially thought they weren't working when I put them in - they sound that good. However, I must have smaller ear canals because they don't comfortably fit my ears. Trimming is an option, but not one I choose. If you have small canals, try something else.
on April 12, 2015
Bought these to replace an old set of sonics circa 1980. The old set had very very soft pliable butter soft silicone that did an excellent job of reducing the shock of gunfire. This new set came with stiff hard material that is great at letting at harsh gunfire shock waves through with little attentuarion. The hard stiff baffles are nowhere as pliable and conforming as my 35 year old pair that I am reusing. My 35 year old set is far superior tho this cheap Corporate bean counter copy of what was once an excellent product.
on November 19, 2012
I bought my wife a pair of these to wear in her moderate-to-severe-disability special ed classroom. Certain of the kids she works with are known to screech or squeal very loudly, creating an unsafe work environment with respect to sound levels. She reports that these are excellent for the days when the screeching and the squealing get out of control, and in between "sound explosions" she can still hear her co-workers clearly thanks to the bypass valve. Highly recommended.
on February 24, 2015
Originally used cheap green foam plugs for band practice. Did the job: protected my ears, reduced the volume. Also turned what I was hearing into a muffled mess.

The guitarist gifted me a set of these and the improvement was massive: volume reduced but noticeably clearer than using foam.

I still notice quite a bit of treble roll off, which makes on the-fly-tone adjustments during live recording a gamble, but I can hear the rest of the band, and myself, much more clearly now.

My only other complaint is that the rubber material is a bit awkward to clean. I usually wait for it to dry and then use a Qtip to clean it up, otherwise it smears. Yes, gross, but good to know upfront!
on October 30, 2015
I was looking for some ear plugs that would lower the volume during band practice, but let high frequencies in. Unfortunately, these plugs did not do the job. I've had better luck with the Etymotic Research ER20 ETY ear plugs.
on January 28, 2013
This is a great product. I wish it could have been smaller to fit to your pocket and ears better. The box that comes with it can be hooked to a chain but it's still too big. The ear plugs work great but sometimes they fall off.
on May 12, 2015
Bought these to replace my old Sonic III ear plugs that apparently are no longer produced. The Acu-Life function exactly the same, the only difference I can tell is these are clear in color vs. the Sonic's were orange.
Good product, good vendor, would recommend without hesitation.
on September 10, 2013
I use this when playing in a rock band standing next to the drummer. They reduce the impact of the drums and cymbals but allow me to hear clearly the vocals and other instruments.
on September 14, 2014
Nice and compact. Fits well in ear and doesn't seem likely to fall out. Have not used a ton, but as advertised you can still hear normal conversation around you. We got these for target practice.
on April 13, 2016
Works well but not as well as headset type ear protectors but that is probably true for any in the ear plug. With these plugs you can hear noise that is not loud -- but load noise is muffled.