Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on September 30, 2012
Perhaps I got a bad batch but all 4 unit's screens failed within 3 months, one by one. Each progressively started dropping the segments that make up each number on both the temperature and the humidity readouts. I find it surprising that this happened given the excellent rating they had when I purchased them so I an going to give a return a shot and hope for the best.
review image
55 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
I just bought 2 of these 00325W units . Neither would display an odd fahrenheit temperature reading. For example, while the device would display 66,68,70,72 degrees it would not display 67,69,71,73 degrees. It just moves in 2 degree increments. I contacted the manufacturer twice. The first time by phone they said the device was defective. The second time by email they indicated that the device was made to measure centigrade degrees, and that its software was the problem in not displaying the odd digits in fahrenheit. I've owned both cheap and expensive measuring devices previously, but even the cheapest could display all the fahrenheit digits, which this unit cannot.
Unlike the temperature readings, the humidity readings do display all digits.
2222 comments| 345 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
ordered 4 units at once about 10 days ago. 4 of them gave the same measures in temp and +/- 1 in humidity values in different rooms when they were together.

then I placed each one in a different room and now I can monitor the differences easliy. display is nice and easy.

hope they will be reliable too.
review image review image
on March 12, 2012
This 'Home Comfort Monitor' was exactly what I was looking for when I recently purchased my new Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare 9-Gallon Output Console Humidifier with Air Washing Technology. My initial objective was to establish a baseline humidity level prior to running the humidifier. the Acu-Rite did a great job. It had sat on my (cold) porch for a few hours prior to being unpacked. It took about 2 hours for the temperature and humidity readings to settle down. Once they did, it provided a steady reading.

With batteries installed, the devices weights in at just under 4oz. It is about 3.5" tall at the highest point (the top of the device slants towards the front). The device is just under 3" wide, and is roughly 1.5" thick. It certainly isn't large, but is slightly bigger than I had imagined from the pictures. The Acu-Rite has a fairly strong magnet on the back of the battery door. The magnet is strong enough to easily hold the devices own weight on my refrigerator. I found the magnet to be pretty useful when obtaining humidity level readings from various locations in my home.

The unit's 2.5" diagonal screen is split into two functional areas: INDOOR HUMIDITY and TEMPERATURE. Humidity is on the top, and displays the current humidity reading, the trend (displayed as an arrow heading up or down) and the hi/lo for the last 24 hours. The hi/lo reset seems to be tied to the time the batteries are inserted. Meaning, if you initially powered up the device at 7:23 PM, it will reset each night at 7:23 PM. The humidity section also includes a house icon that indicates status of the humidity level on a three tier scale (High, OK, Low).

The unit's temperature section has a similar but slightly simpler layout. The current temp in numbers just over 1/2in in height on the left. A small trend arrow just to the right of the current temp. The hi/lo for the last 24hr period (as described in the humidity section).

I can't imagine expecting much more from a small/inexpensive temperature and humidity monitor. A safe bet.
44 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
Bought 2 of these after sorting thru all the pro & con reviews & deciding to chance buying, & couldn't be happier with them! They arrived yesterday in 25º weather so were reading 56º from being in delivery truck I guess. Took them a while to get up to our house temp but once they did, they both matched the reading our our thermostat, so that was the first happy dance. So I put them side-by-side to snap a photo to show here. As you can see, both are reading same temp & humidity, and accurate. Day 2 & both continue to match the thermostat readings. After testing & finding they are accurate, I moved one to our bdrm & left other in living area. Both are placed a distance away from the humidifiers & it's nice to see that our small table top warm misters are doing a good job across the room. I's interesting to watch the humidity level drop when the water runs out & not refilled them right away. Doesn't take much to drop from 40% to 25% during these recent brutally cold & dry weeks. We're barely getting up to 40% but we began at around 10%. Nice to finally have a device to tell us that the humidity level truly is as the readings on the humidifiers are always way off.
review image
on August 10, 2011
I purchased this to monitor the temperature and humidity in the basement, and it seems accurate. The readout is clear and easy to read. The only drawback is that you can't mount it to a wall as it's slightly curved on the back, which isn't apparent from the photograph.
11 comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2012
The humidity accuracy on this device is variable. The first week I owned it, I salt tested and got within 4%. I was pretty satisfied with the results and able to live with that number. However, the second week I owned it I noticed that it didn't seem to give me expected humidity readings. I compared it to an accurate cigar hygrometer and found that there was a 9% variation. To confirm this, I salt tested the Acu-Rite once again and found it to be off by 9% the second week of owning it. Variations in accuracy from week to week make this device useless.

On a better note, the thermometer seems to be accurate.

My suggestions, spend a few extra bucks and get a better quality adjustable hygrometer like the ones used in cigar humidors.
on January 17, 2013
I purchased a thermometer for the simple purpose of wanting to know the temperature. I took the unit out of the box and inserted a battery. It told me that my office temperature was 77f. I didn't believe it, as it felt much colder. I then took it outside where it was known to be 46f, however the unit continued to read 77f! Later in my office, the readout fluctuated between 73 and 75 f, both completely inaccurate numbers.
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 3, 2011
I guess you get what you pay for? The humidity setting ALWAYS showed 16% while the temperature usually showed 72 degree and would only change if it was directly in the sun. I changed batteries, still showed the same temperatures. Also, the actual unit FEELS very cheap.

So just to make sure I wasnt crazy, i bought this Meade TM005X-M Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermo Hygrometer Now this was worth the double price! (24 compared to 12 bucks) Not only does the humidity number actually change all the time, but the temperature is accurate to .2 degrees!

So, it is sad, I am not going to return it because it was only twelve dollars.
on October 17, 2011
Since it's nearing around winter time I bought this locally so I'd have a way to monitor the humidity of my computer room.

There isn't much to it in that it simply displays the current humidity, current temperature, whether or not the humidity level is OK an the recorded high and low temperatures. The casing is nice and has a magnet on the battery cover.

As for the high and low memory...It's not stated in the manual so I browsed Acurite's forums (which I'd give a huge plus in that each product has its own little forum) for an answer. Apparently it resets every day at the time when the battery is installed. Can't complain although then again mine is set to roughly 2PM.