Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "AcuRite 00634 Wireless Weather Station with Wind S...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 44% off the $95.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
AcuRite 00634 Wireless Weather Station with Wind Sensor
|Price:||$63.12 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$32.87 (34%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Patented Self-Calibrating Forecasting pulls data from a sensor in your backyard to give you the most accurate forecast for your exact location
- Atomic clock updates time for consistent accuracy and no manual setting ever for DST
- Multi-variable history chart shows barometric pressure, temperature and wind speed
- Tabletop or wall-mountable design
- Strong signal penetration (enhanced 433 MHz)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
View indoor & outdoor environmental information.
3-in-1 Weather Sensor
The high-precision 3-in-1 weather sensor accurately measures three different conditions, including wind speed, outdoor temperature and humidity, giving you comprehensive data about the elements surrounding your home.
- Totally wireless
- Easy to install
- Works down to -40 degrees
- 2-year battery life
Wireless Weather Station
With With Wind Speed
Plan the day with confidence with your own weather and weather prediction information – pinpoint accuracy right from your own back yard. This AcuRite Digital Weather Station uses patented Self-Calibrating Technology to provide your personal forecast of 12 to 24-hour weather conditions. Self-Calibrating Forecasting is generated from ambient weather data measured by a sensor easily positioned outside your home - giving you the most accurate forecast available for your exact location.
- Wind Speed
- Temperature & Humidity
- Weather Forecast
- Barometric Pressure
- High & Low Records
- Atomic Clock
- Moon Phase
- History Chart
Professional Weather Station Features
Measure Wind Speed
View the current wind speed, as well as the peak and average wind speeds. Track speeds up to 99 MPH (159 KPH). Wind direction is indicated using a 16 point windrose, and also displays the 2 previous directions.
Temperature and Humidity
This indoor/outdoor thermometer and humidity gauge delivers reliable, up-to-date measurements. The handy "trend arrows" indicate if levels are rising or falling over time. High and low records show the maximum and minimum measurements recorded since midnight.
Multi-Variable History Chart
Easily toggle between barometric pressure, temperature and wind speed to view trends over the past 12 hours.
Atomic Clock and Calendar
Synchronizes using a radio-controlled signal broadcast by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Radio Station WWVB, located near Fort Collins, Colorado. This ensures correct time and date with split-second precision, and automatically adjusts for Daylight Saving Time (DST).
Focused Sensor Data Collection
Unlike regional weather predictions from sources like the news or online, AcuRite weather forecast products rely on sensors that collect organic data right from your backyard. AcuRite's 3-in-1 sensor-based weather station tracks specific sets of weather related variables, including changes in temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure to generate a forecast with pinpoint accuracy personalized for your location. The sensor is wireless and simple to install.
Self-Calibrating Forecasting - your personal weather report.
AcuRite combines the latest methodology in weather prediction modeling with the related effects of current localized weather observations to provide a reliable, accurate forecast of weather conditions personalized for your exact location. AcuRite's patented self-calibrating weather forecasters use a unique algorithm to analyze changes in pressure and temperature over 14 days (called 14-day learning mode) to determine your altitude. Measuring changes in barometric pressure adjusted for your location’s altitude is a proven method for determining the future weather forecast. Self-Calibrating Forecasting Technology makes AcuRite weather stations simple to install and extremely accurate.
Top Customer Reviews
* It requires 7 AA batteries... 4 in the outside transmitter and 3 in the inside unit. The outside unit has most of the electronics to do what you purchase this unit for and it transmits every 8 seconds. Don't count on getting a lot of time off those batteries before they need to be changed and the unit has to start over again.
* The anemometer has 3 cups that catch the wind for rotation. We just had a wet snowfall and it stuck to the unit and caused it to stop turning. I had to go out and clean it off to get it going again. Had I placed this on my roof I would never have access to it during the winter.
* The instructions recommend use of ¾" Schedule 40 pipe for mounting it on a mast. If you know anything about this type of pipe you know it's very flexible and your little wind vane is blowing all over the place in a strong wind and there's no accuracy when that happens. I slid a small piece of Schedule 40 into a length on 1¼" EMT and that gave me a high and rigid mount. The clamp on the unit only fits over the Schedule 40 so you can't clamp it to anything else.
These may seem to be minor points but since the vanes and batteries are in the same unit outdoors you need to mount it somewhere that is easily accessible. You normally can't get a good wind speed reading mounting the unit to your deck railing, especially if you have anything like trees that impede the wind, so mounting it high gets the more accurate reading.Read more ›
Needless to say that went slowly ( about 3 weeks of back and forth ) so when they quit returning my emails, I just replied with their emails. Finally a response and they said you will receive a new unit in 5-7 working days via Fed-Ex. 2 weeks ( working days only ) and nothing. So I told them just refund my money. Nothing. So I took it back to the store and got my money back that way.
It is a shame that it could have been resolved in a better way, customer service in my opinion is the backbone of keeping a company a strong one. Even if you have a problem with a product, fix it, replace it or refund it, but do it quickly especially when you know its a problem with a product and fix the problem.
Spend your money elsewhere, and research the product, look at the reviews and you have a better chance at a quality product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Price and shipping as advertised. Works great and very convenient. Don't know how long it will last, but would recommend to others.Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
It's definitely more accurate than the temp/humidity only sensor model I have been using. The design is from 2009 and the display isn't adjustable like most new acurite stations. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Stuntman Mike
Has been installed for almost a year and no problems other than replacing batteries. I have two other weather stations in the house and this one runs a degree hotter or colder, but... Read morePublished 1 month ago by BuckyB
Now we know what's happening outside without waiting for the weather on tv!Published 1 month ago by JanLS
DIsplay unit is a piece of crap. LCD display has faded after just a few months of use. Very dissapoiinting.Published 1 month ago by Steve Gaumer