Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 24, 2009
I adore this teapot. Before ordering it from Amazon I was afraid that it would be too small for my needs (I love a big mug of tea, and usually two!) but it was more than spacious enough. The teapot itself is very modern looking and a smooth, ceramic white. It looks like it won't hold a lot of tea, but it actually easily holds 3-4+ cups. It comes with a metal filter which is terrific (lots of more expensive pots use plastic, which stains and deteriorates over time, plus who wants plastic-leeched tea?). My filter is still looking great after a couple months of use, with no rust, and it functions beautifully. The pot is easy to clean and looks very stylish. I've seen identical pots in tea stores for $29, so this is truly a terrific value.
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2011
The teapot arrived in a sturdy little box. This is a great little teapot for one or two persons to use. It is well made and a design goes with every decor imaginable. The handle does not get really hot. The base is flat and sturdy. Anyway I decided to order this teapot after seeing all the good reviews and studying the specifications. I was not disappointed. This is the perfect design for a teapot, with the deep removable stainless steel infuser basket. You should leave the clear spout cover on the pot - it is there for a reason - it is not just to protect the spout during shipping, it is actually on there for stopping drips. You can gently remove it occasionally to rinse off - just run warm water over it for a minute then wiggle off. Remember to put it back on before you fill the pot! When filling with hot water leave a 1/4 inch at the top because the lid displaces the water slightly and if you overfill , you will have water coming out the spout at the slightest motion. To make proper tea, always warm any teapot with hot water for a few minutes, then drain it and add the tea to the basket, and refill the pot with freshly boiled filtered water, then steep for desired strength. To help keep the pot warm you can try and buy a teacozy to fit, but I find its just as easy to draped a folded clean dry dishcloth over the whole thing and sit it on a piece of cork or trivet, and it all stays cozy warm for quite a while while you enjoy teatime at your leisure. I plan to buy several more of these for mothers day gifts. (PS: After use, always rinse the pot and infuser and air dry, otherwise forgetting old tea/leaves in the pot can start mold growing in a few days.)
on October 1, 2010
I purchased the Adagio Teas PersonaliTea Teapot because of the price. And it didn't look half-bad. On the surface it's a great value: looks good and includes and infuser basket. Biggest downside (as others have pointed out) is that it leaks when you pour. At first I thought I had added too much water but no matter what I do I can't seem to avoid dripping tea all over the place when I pour. As a result I only find myself using it when all the other teapots are dirty. Not recommended.
on August 26, 2009
I LOVE this teapot. It's the perfect size for a BIG mug of tea, or several smaller cups, it looks great, and if I don't fill it all the way to the top, which I seldom do, anyway, I have no dripping problems.
I fill it with water, pop it in the microwave, then when the water's hot, pop in my tea screen with the tea, and it's great.

THE ONLY THING I would caution you about is not to wait till the last-minute to order a teapot!

This was the fourth teapot I'd ordered, trying to get one that was not broken or missing a part.

The other two teapots were "Yedi Houseware Classic Coffee and Tea Blue Saphyre Tea For One"
Both the original one, and its replacement were horribly broken. Packaging was the problem, and they didn't change it from one order to the next, so I will not order from YEDI again, unless there's something I HAVE to have.

I finally switched to THIS teapot, my second choice, and the first one I received didn't have the metal screen/strainer in it, so I had to send it back and get a new one.

It WAS packaged right, however, both times, with little plastic protector on the spout, and adequate protection.

I was pleased at Amazon's customer service.

They overnight-shipped the replacements to me, and service was WONDERFUL and quick, but if you're a procrastinator and need it for a gift, you may want to order items like this (that have pieces/parts that could be missing or broken)well in advance, just in case.
Enjoy!
VINE VOICEon March 16, 2010
This is a perfect tea pot for one or two people. I expected something flimsy and easily breakable, but it's very sturdy ceramic and is just beautiful. I wasn't missing any parts like some of the other reviews. The infuser basket is very nice as well! I do like that it's stainless steal. I have had some trouble with some of the smaller leaf tea going through the basket, but it's a pretty fine mesh so it's not too bad. Overall, you really can't beat the price and quality of this tea pot. It may cost ten dollars, but you'd never know from looking at it.
on June 21, 2010
I have become a fan of loose teas and thus need a good teapot to brew these to advantage. The teapot needs to be of good size (for 1 person) that can hold 2-3 cups of tea. This teapot fills the bill admirably. I keep the pot hot on a spare electric candle heater which fits the base perfectly and thus the tea stays hot for as long as needed. As I drink the tea, the liquid level falls below the strainer basket and the tea is not steeped - but it has been in contact long enough to create a good strong, fully extracted cup of tea. My wife knitted a tea cosy to avoid heat loss - an essential in my view.

I scored the pot 4 out of 5 as it arrived broken due to inadequate packing - the pot by the manufacturer and the cardboard box by Amazon - both were less than sufficient. Amazon sent a replacement in 2 days.

I get my tea supplies from Uptontea.com near Boston and they have a selection of 200+ loose teas - right down to individual estates in India, China and elsewhere. Teas come in individually sealed and personalized metalized bags.

With this choice of teas - I hardly ever drink coffee now, as I find it too strong and with lack of refinement and subtle differentiation that one can find between different Assams or other teas from diffferent regions.
on April 17, 2012
It drips from the spout and drips excessively. More so than any teapot I can remember owning. A plastic sheath that fits over the tip of the spout came with the pot and i guess is supposed to solve the drip problem, but if i wanted to drink tea out of plastic i wouldnt have ordered this teapot. Unless you want to clean up after this teapot, i would recommend continuing your search. On the plus side, the infuser basket does fit my Cordon Blue 32oz teapot, so it isnt a total loss. I guess i will probably use this teapot, with a big saucer under the cup and something to wipe up with, but i wont use it often. Save your money and add a little to it and get something else.
EDIT: I originally gave this two stars but decided to change that to one star. If i would have known about this teapots dripping problem i wouldnt have bought it and would like to forewarn prospective buyers. You can do better than this teapot for not much more money.
on July 28, 2011
This is a great inexpensive teapot. There are two things to keep in mind when considering your purchase of this:

First, I read a few reviews where the purchaser discussed the fact that the teapot drips down the spout instead of pouring into the cup. I've found out that if you don't fill the teapot all the way full (leave 1/2 and inch extra room) and you turn the lid so the hole is away from the spout, it relieves the pressure inside the pot. I've never had a problem with drips after doing that.

Second, I find the filterbasket is a little difficult to get clean. I don't really think there is a better way to design it (perhaps with finer netting), but that's just a small issue.

Enjoy!
on January 18, 2012
This teapot has taught me many things. First, I put leaves in the basket, filled the pot with water, and the basket kind of floated up, then I put the lid on and pressed down gently to make it snug, and water ran over all around the basket, and onto the table. So I learned not to fill it all the way with water. Then when the tea was steeped and I needed to remove the basket, I found the basket was very hot, and there's no handle. So I learned to pry it up with a table knife and set it somewhere (I learned to provide a saucer). Then I put the lid back on and went to pour -- and it dripped as I approached the cup, and as I moved away from the cup when the cup was full, I got a big smear of tea on the table and down the front of the pot. I thought it had to be me just being spastic, and needing to learn how to pour with more control, but I have other, even much larger teapots and kettles and can pour them without spilling a drop. So I learned that the design of the spout can make a huge difference. Then as I poured the last cup, tilting the pot to get the tea to run out the spout, the lid fell out, landed on the teacup, cracking it, and spilling the cups tea all over the table. All I wanted was a simple cup of tea. I learned to hold the lid on with my other hand. Could it be I got a bad pot? Unlikely, since I got two, and another fellow at my office got one, all at the same time, and all of these problems plague all three of them. Cheap? Nope -- you quickly learn that it is rather expensive as I can now add the price of this pot to the one I'm going to get to replace it. Attractive? Only if you don't try to actually use it.
VINE VOICEon October 21, 2008
I bought this teapot for my sister for her birthday, and I have to say that it is a wonderful teapot. I got to look at it and try it out at her home. It looks like you would spend a lot more than what I did for it and it makes for a perfect gift for any tea lover. She loves it because the basket is big enough to hold enough tea in it.

If you're looking for a lovely tea pot, look no further.