Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

Adam in a John Lennon hat....yum!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2009 5:57:47 AM PST
sandi beach says:
http://adam-lambert.love.com/photos?photodeeplinkNum=2

Some one sent me this picture so I thought I'd pass it around!

You may gasp when you see it--if you grew up loving The Beatles as I did. God, he is yummy.

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 7:03:13 AM PST
Love the photo--just went and made it my Avatar on Adam Official. Thanks sooo much

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 7:51:55 AM PST
Deb says:
What a "Beautiful Boy"...."Imagine" running into him walking down the street in NYC in this hat. Sorry...could NOT resist the song references ! lol

Wouldn't it be great to hear Adam sing some Lennon tunes? Besides the Beautiful Boy and Imagine, maybe In My Life or Jealous Guy....just some Sunday morning daydreamin'.

Thanks for sharing, A. Reader !

Deb

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2009 9:19:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2009 9:32:03 AM PST
sandi beach says:
I don't know why I have never made that leap...Adam singing The Beatles songbook but dear god, that would just be incredible! Their music is not the Glam thing but I'd still like to hear him take on some of those iconic songs just to wow us.

Let's hope the Dior thing goes through because looking at him in that iconic hat and leather jacket.... he deff. has a future in modeling. No one wears clothes like he does! All fraking 6 feet of him.

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 7:49:13 PM PST
Deb says:
Make that 6 feet and one inch...;-)

Yep, those long legs poured into some Dior jeans topped of by that mop of black hair and mesmerizing eyes. Yum.

I can hear him singing so many Beatles song. I know, it is not something that I had ever put together until you mentioned the hat !!

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 2:21:00 AM PST
OK this discussion is headed into hot flash areas. I think I would faint if I walked by Burberry or Gucci and saw an 8ft poster of Adam in tight jeans and leather. You know all those hetero guys out there making homo jokes are just dying to look like him. If he gets young guys out of those awful baggy jeans he will have started a true revolution. There is a 7ft poster of David Cook on the Skeecher store here on Orchard rd. --I love David's voice but he just doesn't do it for me--he looks quite dorky at 7 feet playing a guitar in tennies. The only other man who ever turned me into a blithering idiot was John Lennon (as a tween I loved Ringo, as a virgin teen I loved Paul, and as a woman I majorly lusted over John--and actually George in his spiritual years--although my biggest treasure is Mick Jagger's sweaty T-Shirt I caught at a Stone's concert ). Yeah Adam singing Yesterday or Eleanor Rigby (although I like David's version too) or any of those beautiful ballads----oh and Back in the USSR --ok just all of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 5:15:04 AM PST
Deb says:
I love David Cook's voice, and I was glad that he won last season over Archeleta in AI, but I agree with you. The sexy thing is just not there.
I would love to see Adam kill the baggy jeans trend, too. I have watched my son and his friends sag for years, and although I turn a blind eye, I always hated it. GAHHH....I would most certainly have to steal an 8 foot poster of Adam....0o
In the Beatles era, I was Paul-crazy, but there was just something about watching John sing...that little bow-legged bounce thing that he would do at the mic while he was playing his guitar. Very hot ! Adam could sing any-thing...and make it his own. I can't remember if he said this...he is not a Beatles fan? Seems like I read that somewhere. Anybody know?

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 6:57:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 6:58:10 AM PST
sandi beach says:
There was an interview of Adam saying he would like to work with Paul McCartney.

Is he 6'1"? I know people have been saying when they see him in person that, "he is so tall". (My sons, both 20 somethings are 6'3" the older one wears Adam-clothes. Baggie anything is just ugly.)

I was a Paul girl (and John) and saw The Beatles in 1964, Wings '76 and Paul with the younger band. The Wings concert was before the days of heavy security and we stood right under Paul's feet at the edge of the stage. It was the 2nd night of the lst Wings tour and the venue was smaller than he has ever had since. That concert was flawless and we were stunned to see him that close. Every song was perfection and Paul was mesmerizing. Paul sat on a little stool and did "Blackbird" with an acoustic guitar and no one breathed--it was so still with all of those people not making a sound. It was powerful. I had never seen anything like that and probably neither had he, considering all the screaming he had to put up with as a Beatle.

The intense screaming at the AI tours for Adam reminded me of those Beatle years. Kind of sad though to see him hosting these Jingle Ball things while other less-talented people are actually performing. The NYTimes has a review of the Madison Sq. Garden Jingle Ball and they make no mention that Adam was even there.

8ft posters would make so many people happy! If they had them, they'd be flying out the stores for Xmas gifts. I know there are a lot of husbands though (like mine) who are perplexed at what is going on with all the Adam-Admiration-fascination. I know we are all gonna need a support group soon if things don't get rolling in his career and a tour isn't announced. The pause or stall in his momentum is aggravating to say the least.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 6:57:53 AM PST
Adam seems to like most music--he did say he wasn't a Grateful Dead fan. I remember him dissecting the Beatle's style and why their songs were successful in one of his interviews. Obviously he likes the Stones ok since that was his introduction to all of us.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 7:17:36 AM PST
sandi beach says:
Just read that Adam performed "an a cappella snippet of "WWFM"" at the Tampa Ball....so,(whew) whomever made that decision deserves a big hug because Adam on stage hosting but not singing just seems so wrong. If anyone can pull off a cappella anything -it's Adam.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 7:37:22 AM PST
If you go over to Planet Fierce or some of the other blogs you will see that in the meet and greet part of the program Adam had a line around the block and almost no one for many of the other stars. Some of the twitters said that it seemed like most people were there for Adam--they go nuts when he gets onstage. I would assume he gets paid for this stuff and it sets up good publicity. Not a total waste, but absurd that he doesn't sing.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 8:38:13 AM PST
carolb57 says:
Was he not singing for a reason at those jingle balls? Was he hired just to host or was he still being "punished" for the AMA performance?

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 12:04:28 PM PST
sandi beach says:
Thanks Asia,
Good to hear that people want to meet him but the no-singing routine seems odd considering he is the best singer out of all those who have performed at these things.

Perhaps RCA19 would have to fly out his band/hotels/meals/etc. and it's too expensive for a Jingle Ball? Still it does sound absurd when you have this exciting client who is Adam Lambert and he just released his lst CD but... he is invited to "introduce" other acts.

Oh well, maybe it's part of some grand plan but who the heck knows anymore what these people are thinking!

Planet Fierce is great. They love him --very sweet.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 1:08:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 1:08:41 PM PST
Fantastic says:
I saw an interview with Adam at the Jingle Ball in Tampa. His fans waited as long as two hours to have a picture taken with him, and I saw him hugging them and speaking to them. This is good publicity for him. Actually, he was not scheduled at any Jingle Balls, but Kris was, and I do not understand why. The hosting thing was added recently, and he really only introduced one act at most of the Jingle Balls. IMO, it was done for fan publicity purposes and because he had some TV appearances on ABC canceled and had time to do it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 1:45:36 PM PST
Thank God someone put the clip on you tube (thank you!!!!!) but it was so short but still glad for something it's better then nothing! You guys don't forget to watch Conan O'brien 2 night and SYTYCD on the 16th finally!!!!

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 9:08:54 PM PST
Hi all, I just posted a blog from Idol forums about Adam and the Jingle Balls on Adam Comeback and When will we hear him on the radio that puts this all into perspective. It turns out the radio stations grabbed him up when the Dick Clark thing went sour as he was initially supposed to be in Vegas taping it. He didn't have time to rehearse and they didn't want to pay for the band to travel so he was put on as a celebrity. From what I can read he has participated in a bunch of Meet and Greats and he is the star attraction. Lots of other very encouraging and important suggestions in the post. Go read it!

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 4:44:39 AM PST
sandi beach says:
Asia,
Thanks for doing some digging. It's good timing--post the debacle. Adam can show RCA19 (and others) that he is still a big draw--even though he isn't performing. If people will line up just to meet you-- that's significant. He was great on Conan but whomever makes decisions (on those shows) not to interview him obviously doesn't realize how really funny he is. The audience was very supportive and Conan was as well sans an interview though.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 6:21:31 AM PST
Hey since this is the lust over Adam discussion I will write here. I have always been a little curious about Tommy (since the kiss) and couldn't find much about him then someone posted the following link on AO. Notice the similarities to our boy? Supposedly Tommy's Dad is from Russia. If you go to the posted link you will see all the other admiring posts on this kid. Adam has excellent taste and this one is straight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGoHjayLxUQ

This has got to stop or I am going to have a heart attack!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2009 7:41:37 AM PST
sandi beach says:
You are a little worker that's for sure! Don't wear yourself out though. I do notice that onstage Adam doesn't go near Tommy! It's too bad that they can't interact right now on stage until this garbage is no longer an issue. I think the band's stage relationship is a little stiff. Having seen how close Adam gets with his co-performers, it must be stifling.

I think the thing that people found so charming about him on AI was that he was so warm and generous to all the others. I really believe that is the quality that drives people to want to madly support him (like you). So, by all accounts, Adam's fans are really special people because they are responding to who he is as a person --which is very evolved. His singing is superior but who he is as a human being is pretty amazing as well.

I don't think there are any accidents. It has been eye-opening to see who lines up on what side of these issues and some times disappointing as well. But all of his supporters and well-wishers are so great and it's heart warming to see people go to bat for him.

When people say to me, "Why all the bother, he is just a singer?". I tell them to look closer--this isn't just about singing, it's a lot deeper than just singing.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 7:58:19 PM PST
A. Reader. I know what you mean. I am sure he is toning it down big time for prime time TV. He is already great friends with Monty so I am sure he really is friends with these people. WWFM is not exactly a wild rocking song. On the Vevo commerical where he is jumping on the bed with a bunch of people you will see Tommy reach down and touch his face at the end (at least other bloggers say it is Tommy)--its kind of sweet. I think once all of this has really faded and he is on tour he can start letting go again--I sure hope so. I will be eternally annoyed with his detractors if we don't get our wild Adam back in all his glory.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 5:17:05 AM PST
sandi beach says:
I saw the Vevo clip..thought that was a girl. He's cuter than a box of puppies on that thing! I agree, the wild side is so much fun-- the FYE video will have to suffice until the Tour. It goes without saying that he is so good in that video. People need to go to itunes and buy it.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 11:19:33 PM PST
Since this is the thread for all things sexy----AO is showing a clip of the FYE video---towards the end when he puts his back to Tommy he grabs Tommy's butt (you an see it through the hands). Also I loved that he finally interacted with Tommy on SYTYCD. And here is a clip of a skit that he did on Leno tonight (forgive me if someone has already posted it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3gR4RqhYs

He isn't officially on Leno until the 21st.
I love that everyone is starting to make fun of all the AMA stuff--and Adam is great. Put Adam on SNL! They could have such a blast.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2009 11:41:01 PM PST
Asia,
That clip was hilarious..............I love it.........Thanks

Posted on Dec 17, 2009 5:49:41 AM PST
sandi beach says:
Adam has to be invited to do SNL. The Mistletoe thing is so funny. I love that Tommy did a little back rub last night! Tommy really is adorable. Adam looked amazing in that suit, etc., and he sounded incredible. Looks like he is getting his groove back because out-did everyone else on that show and I love Mary J. but she couldn't hold a candle to him.

Last night's wow performance is going to make people crazy that the Gridlock isn't being telecast. 40 minutes of Adam Lambert which has never been done before but cannot be seen...that is torture.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2009 6:03:51 AM PST
Fantastic says:
A. Reader,
According to an adamofficial.com discussion, the NYE Gridlock show will be available on cable pay-per-view.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (869)