Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP Pavilion G6 G7 AC Adapter Charger
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 7, 2013
I have a work laptop that has a heavy duty charger(thicker and different type of cord). The picture on Amazon shows a heavy duty(work) type of charger. However the charger that I received is a light duty charger. It works but I'm disappointed that it's not like the picture. Therefore I give it only 3 stars for an inaccurate charger description (picture).
on September 15, 2014
Don't get this if you use a PLC ethernet adapter or any kind of home automation system. This thing is such a poor quality transformer and it bleeds so much noise onto the lines that after plugging it in my roommate's PLC ethernet adapter lost its connection. We had no idea what was wrong until we unplugged this thing from the wall.

Other than that, it works, though it feels cheaply made.
on May 17, 2014
I got it for my HP Pavilion dv4 and it works great, as you'd expect. It has a green led to notify when plugged in. I've only had it about a week, but so far I'm very satisfied with this purchase given the price.
on March 2, 2013
this is a workable replacement. Haven't had a problem with the charger and have used it for several weeks. Be careful
you check voltage and output amps. I got the order wrong the first time and had to get it replaced.
on February 19, 2015
Let us get the petty complaints out of the way first: I did not know that this had a light on it to indicate when it is plugged in, which is something that, as a migraine sufferer, I dislike. However, a square of electrical tape fixes the problem instantly.

Aside from that, the cord is just long enough to generally serve me well, but don't expect to do any sort of wandering while this is plugged in. The adapter gets very, very hot which worries me. The heat problem is big enough that I would caution those with small children to avoid this as I can see how one could get burnt without holding onto or touching this for more than a minute or so. This could also be a fire hazard. (This gets hotter than any of my heating pads)

The durability is slightly questionable, in just a couple weeks with light, gentle use the black cord sheath separated where it joins to the plug-in at the laptop, so you can see the inner cords. This strikes me as another fire hazard.

Overall, this is a good replacement cord for a starving college student, but if you can afford it, get the next step up.
on May 1, 2015
UPDATE: This unit failed after 11 months of part time operation.

I bought this as a second power adapter to take with me when I need to take my laptop to meetings. I use my laptop as a desktop, and I have a docking station in my home office. I wanted a second power supply so I don't have to disconnect and carry the power supply.

So far it has worked perfectly. My only complaint (4 stars instead of 5) is both the 120V and low voltage wires are only half the length of the laptop factory supplied power adapter. It is very awkward using the Amazon power adapter in meetings, because I can almost never reach a power plug on a nearby wall. For me this is not a problem - I now use the Amazon power supply as my office power supply with the docking station, and I leave the laptop factory supplied power supply in the carrying case. But if you are planning to use this power supply as a way to connect to wall plugs, you should probably look for one with longer cables.
on August 9, 2015
At first, I thought this little unit would work to charge my HP Pavilion laptop battery - and it did, until recently. I noticed it wasn't getting the battery to a full charge, and I picked up the charger, nearly dropping it as I realized it was extremely HOT. I'll add a photo, if Windows 10 will allow it, but I may have to amend this review later uner Windows 7 (Win 10 is such a POS). It isn't worth the price for return shipping, so I'll toss it in the electronics recycling bin, with a warning tag about overheating. I found another charger elsewhere, which works just fine. In the case of this item, ya gets what ya pays for.
review image
on June 24, 2014
I have both a DV4 and G6 pavillion. My charger went out on my G6 while i was on vacation. I thought it was the laptop but when i used a relative's charger, it worked so i ordered this charger. I got it home, and it would not work on my G6 (no charging light). I plugged it into my DV4 and it worked fine. I did confirm my "broken" charger is in fact broken (outlet cord from plug to adapter does not work. Isolated it down by switching out parts from both cords). Not sure why it isn't working with my G6 (but the original G6 plug isnt working either with the new outlet cord) so I am guessing the laptop. Wonder why the other charger did work though. Until i can 100% confirm it is my laptop I'll leave it at 4/5 stars. It is lightweight and it will get rather warm because of that, so make sure its in an area where it can breathe. But appears to be a good little charger for the price. Time will tell if it holds up.

*UPDATE* I believe the issue I am having is with my laptop. After using it on my DV4, i replugged it in to my G6 laptop and it started charging just fine. So I updated it to 5/5 stars. I don't expect this charger to last forever, but for under $10 shipped it will work for what I need.
on July 20, 2015
Update Sep 2015: I thought I had a good deal but I was wrong-this adapter has gone bad after only 2 months! When plugged in it no longer charges the battery. Instead the Power LED blinks continuously and the only power I get now is from my laptop battery (which is now down to 10%). There is NO Power LED display when laptop is plugged ONLY to THIS AC adapter (with battery removed). Hard reset does not work to power on the laptop. The return policy for this AC adapter recently expired (end of Aug) so I have no choice but to purchase a new AC adapter. I cannot recommend this product for purchase due to its short durability. It's also worth noting that when it was working this AC adapter often felt hot to the touch after several hours, even though it was functional then.
on March 10, 2016
OK in that it served the purpose of having the charger, but it does look to be a cheap knock off of the original. I cannot say I totally trust it as an electrical device and not sure how long it will last. But I needed a charger badly, and this fit the bill.