4.0 out of 5 stars Official
This charger is official it fits in my G4 power book, i got it dirt cheap! Seems a lot more durable! I am satisfied!
Published on December 1, 2009 by C. Poindexter

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this item. Spend more money on one that will last.
Published on November 28, 2007 by M. Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this item. Spend more money on one that will last., November 28, 2007
M. Scott (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AC Adapter Charger A1021 for Apple, iBook G4, PowerBook G4, 12" 15" 17" 14" (24.5V, 2.65A, 65W) (Electronics)
This is the second generic mac adapter I've bought, not wanting to spend $80 on one from Apple. This one, like the other, died after only 3 months of use. It's not worth the money, both for the lack of life of the item and also for the hassle it causes when you're stuck without laptop power and can't access anything until a new one arrives. I buy lots of things generic, but in this case, I'd spend the money on something that's not a piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, March 5, 2010
I bought this product hoping to replace my 5 year old Powerbook G4 charger without breaking the bank. However, you get what you pay for with this one. It is too good to be true. After using it twice the adapter part partially melted! Not only was this awful because it stopped working, but this could have been a serious safety hazard for my roommates and myself! Never again! Guess it's worth spending the extra $[...] to get something that won't kill you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, August 18, 2009
Don't buy this product. We purchased it in July, 09, and in two weeks the cord was cracked and sparking. Buy the Apple version. The original we had lasted about 5 years, and died protecting the computer in a lightning strike. It is worth the money to get the real thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars AC adapter for ibook, July 27, 2011
This is not a good charger it worked for about a week than the power started surging out of it. I would have to jiggle it and change position on it for it to even charge. DO NOT BUY!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too short, November 16, 2010
This is the 2nd one of these generic chargers that I have ordered. The first one broke after about 5 months, so I bought this one to replace it. A warning to anyone buying this charger... It is extremely short, and the build quality sucks. I have to jiggle the connection to get it to work from time to time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 4 months, October 6, 2010
Bought this in May and it died in September. It was good while it lasted.

2.0 out of 5 stars dead after 4 months, September 6, 2010
major issues

1) the connector that attaches to the power block is VERY loose. you barely tug on it and it separates
2) 4months later it no longer works

now looking to get another replacement. would NOT recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good at first., February 7, 2010
I bought it in August. It worked great for four months. Now the first part of it is broken, and I have to share a similar part of charger from my PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Official, December 1, 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for more then a hour, November 26, 2012
When I first unwrapped it and plug it up to my Mac it charged it. Then I turned my laptop on it worked fine for about a hour then it needed be charged again. So I went to plug it up and it never charged again.

Rate and Discover Movies