Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on April 13, 2011
This powered my Lattitude D630, but the laptop would not charge the battery. It could tell it was a third party adapter and preventing charging for "safety" purposes, which is ridiculous because this adapter is exactly to spec (65 watts, fits perfectly, etc). I even ordered a new replacement battery but it would still not charge with this adapter due to Dell crippling their own hardware. Upon getting an official Dell power adapter (for many times the price of this one!) the laptop would charge batteries just fine.
55 comments28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2013
When it was plugged into my laptop, I could not use the mouse trackpad properly which was annoying as all hell but I dealt with it for a couple months. It got more and more finicky until I noticed a melted spot on it and watched it spark once I started to examine it. Not only is it a horrible piece of computer equipment, but it's a safety hazard quite honestly. Spend the extra money on a genuine Dell part. You'll just end up replacing it anyway and at least you won't fry your battery and burn down your home, right?
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2011
Bought this as a replacement for a Dell D600. Found that the system identifies it as a 3rd party adapter and will power the system but not charge the battery. There is no way around this besides buying a different charger.
I purchased this when I saw the price was as low as it is - original Dell power supplies cost seven times more than this one, and I've had two of those burn out on me. This one works, and even if it had burned out in six months, it would have been better value than the original Dell piece. The one thing to watch for that this heats up, so don't set it on anything likely to be damaged by a spike of heat. It doesn't become hot enough to set things on fire, but it is something to watch.

The one advantage that I discovered unexpectedly here was that I bought an after-market battery for the Dell laptop (Latitude D620) and the original Dell charger wouldn't recharge the battery (online postings say that Dell claims that is due to a safety issue -- however, the after-market battery was similarly only 15% the price of the original Dell replacement battery, so chances are they don't want to support their competition for parts). The original Dell charger wouldn't recharge the battery, but this power supply will. A definite plus!
on March 25, 2011
I just got the charger today and I LOVE it! Laptop Mate and Amazon delievered it w/in 2 days of my order.

My Dell Latitude D620 recognizes the battery without the funky warning which slows down your cpu AND it charges my battery. I deliberately let my battery died and plugged it back in and it charges it back up to 100%. I have high hopes for this one. I read one of the reviews where she said she got a replacement after hers died in half a year. Hey, $10 for one year is worth it. My original Dell charger lasted 3.5 years with various segments dying over time until I only have a short stubby cord and it's not working consistently and costs a fortune on Dell's website. The new one has a nice long cord; I would say ~6ft with the adapter right in the middle.

Only complaint is that the adapter is much bulky than my original flat one and I wish the adapter was closer to the end plugged into the outlet.

UPDATE 4/22/11
After using it almost constantly for 3 weeks, a problem came up. So some people were complaining that the plug was too loose and turns out they were right. Except in my case, I had no problem with the plug slipping free even though it was a little looser than the original dell charger. My problem is that it doesn't make a good enough connection or something and it stopped charging my laptop. I emailed both Amazon & Laptopmate and the customer service was great. Amazon will take it back since it's within 30 days. The warranty I was telling you about? That was great too. Laptopmate asked me to double check the charger and if it doesn't work they would send me a new one. After fiddling around with the charger some more, I found out if i twist the plug around or bend the cord the connection comes back and my laptop is charging again. I've been using it again for the last 3 days and it hasn't been a big problem for me but it might be for some of you. I found that tucking the cord inbetween my laptop and my laptop fan will bend the cord enough to keep it charging and since I use my laptop on my lap anyway stability hasn't been an issue. I double check with Laptopmate and if the charger really does fail, they will send a replacement.

UPDATE 8/27/12
Sorry I forgot to update but my charger finally died back in early March from rough usage. True to their word, I was sent a new charger. Yay! Unfortunately they sent me a different brand, Anker, which my laptop doesn't recognize as legit. I have to leave my laptop plug in because it wont charge the battery. Since my brother had stolen my laptop for himself, I wasn't aware of the problem for a long time and couldn't ask them to send me a different one.
on May 16, 2011
The power supply is an after-market product made in China. It's not fancy but works great on my Dell Lattitude D420 laptop. I'm pleased with it.
on December 4, 2013
this charger is not compatible with the Dell Latitude d630. it will not charge the battery more than 46%. you might notice that there are no specifications included in the product description. that is because it does not supply sufficient current to charge the battery. if you only need a power supply with just sufficient power to run the computer, it might be ok, but it will not charge the battery. i purchased two of these units and i'm hoping that i will be able to return them. again, this is not a matter of the laptop detecting a non-dell product. it is simply too wimpy to charge the battery.
on November 1, 2010
I was shocked to find a replacement power cord as cheap and as well made as I did for my laptop.
on February 15, 2013
We got this for an older laptop that didn't come with a power adapter. It fits very nicely, but the cord is very short compared to what it should have come with. We've only had this for a few months and have taken very good care of it, and already the cord is starting to have issues. If I wasn't beyond my return window I'd be returning this. Luckily it wasn't expensive because I will be replacing it soon. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for a replacement power adapter.
on July 8, 2010
This item is useless. It does not work. It plugs in, the lights go on but there is no battery support. Tried emailing to return item, and received no response. I will not purchase from this vender again.NEW Laptop/Notebook AC Adapter Power Supply Cord for Dell Inspiron 1420 1501 1520 1521 1525 6000 6400 300M 500M 505M 600M 640M 700M 710M E1405 E1505
The nicest thing I can say is that it was well packed.