4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a great price.
When my original a/c power cord to my 2007 macbook finally died, I called the Apple store to price a replacement. The retail associate politely informed me a new power cord would cost $79.

That just wouldn't do.

Published 1 month ago by Terez Williamson

3.0 out of 5 stars Charging dock is not as pictured
Published 27 days ago by Brugmansia

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a great price., May 28, 2014
Terez Williamson (Little Rock, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 60W AC Power Adapter Charger for Apple Macbook and 13-Inch Macbook Pro MA538LL/A (Electronics)

That just wouldn't do.

I decided to try Amazon, and saw the listing for this product, as well as all of the positive reviews from previous customers. Still, I was a tad bit skeptical because of the price.

However, this cord is $16.85 versus $79 for the Apple replacement. The cheaper cost helped convince me to take a chance.

I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised! The cord fits perfectly with my macbook, plus it arrived within two business days - far earlier than the shipping estimated I was given.

I am very pleased with this product and the seller. If you are looking for a replacement AC power cord for your macbook, and don't want to unnecessarily spend an exorbitant amount for a replacement from Apple, look no further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, April 5, 2014
I needed a mac book charger and I didn't really want to pay for a new apple one. This generic Macbook charger works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Macbook Pro 13inch, June 7, 2014
I have been using it for almost two weeks now and haven't had a problem. It's great to find something like this when the apple cords cost a fortune and always break.

3.0 out of 5 stars Charging dock is not as pictured, June 25, 2014
Brugmansia (Riverside, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item last month and was satisfied, so tried to purchase it again. I specifically liked the fact that this item has an old style charging port, a rectangular shape that fits into the computer such that the cord of the charger is perpendicular to the computer. That design is longer lasting, since there is no twisting motion when removing it from the computer. The item that arrived today has a cylindrical dock that is made to look just like the original Apple product. It is working so far, but is not the product pictured in the description. These products have arrived with no packing inserts or any information whatsoever. Just an envelope from "Fulfillment Services".

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 21, 2014
This deserves 5 stars! I have gone through 3 Apple laptop chargers because they've broken, and I decided that this time I wasn't going to spend that much money on one. This one works great! It's also longer than the Apple chargers, so that's a plus. It also arrived in two days which was nice. :) Definitely buy this if you're looking for a quality yet inexpensive macbook charger.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, June 24, 2014
I would have bought the "genuine" Apple charger if it was not obscenely overpriced. At the time I ordered this one, the June 2014 reviews were not here -- if they had been, I never would have gotten it. It simply does not work. And yes, I definitely got the correct charger for my computer. I was wary when I first hooked it up, as the little light on the connector was green rather than amber/orange -- the light should only be green when the computer is fully charged. I thought, well, it is a knock-off, maybe this is just how they set it up. But the "lightning bolt" symbol did not appear either, and then I saw the charge percentage going down, down, down the longer I left the charger on. I am sending it back today and I hope I will be reimbursed correctly. I do know we all take a chance when we get these off-label accessories -- if the Apple part was even $40 rather than $75 I would have gotten it. Bad enough they constantly change chargers on their devices so you can't ever use an old one; they have to rip you off when the things break as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, June 21, 2014
This charger works great! The MagSafe connector is the updated "L" design as opposed to the one shown in the picture, but otherwise it is exactly as advertised. It charges my 2008 13" Macbook like a champ. The LED on the connector even changes from orange to green when charged just like the Apple version. I'm so glad that someone finally came out with a cheap alternative to the $80+ Apple chargers that always seem to die. I definitely recommend you buy this charger should you need a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, June 13, 2014
OJay "Happy Shopping :)" (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This is a second replacement for my laptop and I feel its a good buy. I had purchased a power cord from another company and it over heated and as soon as you plug it in there were sparks. No such problem with this cord. I plugged it in and no sparks. My laptop was charged up with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars cord, February 6, 2014
This adapter changer works well on my macbook pro. This is my second one the first one wore out. This seller sent it out very fast so I didn't have to go without my computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative to the Apple Charger, July 22, 2014
My Macbook Pro charger finally died on me after the fraying near the input cable finally made it so that it was unable to charge. After seeing the HEFTY $80 replacement cost for another Apple charger, I decided to look elsewhere to find a more affordable one. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical and hesitant about buying a knockoff charger, but I could not have been more wrong. Instead of typing a longer paragraph, I'll just do a pro's and con's list.

Pros

Very similar appearance to the Macbook Pro charger (if you found it aesthetically pleasing like I did). The picture shown for the product is a bit wrong in that the input piece (the part that goes into your laptop) is actually identical to the one that comes with the 60W charger for the 13-Inch Macbook Pro.

Keeps and holds charge perfectly.

Still has the magnetic feature so that your charger can stay firmly in place when connected.

Decent length.

Cons

The area around where the charger is inputted can get moderately hot on occasion. This has not impaired the chargers ability to charge (yet!) but it is noticeable.

The adapter portion of the charger is different in that it is not the big white block that comes with the Apple charger. Instead, it's the one shown in the product photo that's more rectangular in shape. This isn't REALLY a con. It's just little irk that bothers me because it doesn't feel nice like the adapter.

Does not have the option of condensing the charger to a shorter length like the Apple charger (i.e. when you could remove the extension piece and just attach the plug to the adapter).

Overall, I definitely recommend this charger. It has served me well so far and even if it does not last as long as the Apple one, I still paid 1/4 the price!

Rate and Discover Movies