Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 questions
vote
Galaxy Quick charger needs 4.5-9.5V Max 0.8A, this pumps up to 12v at 2.1amps. It quick charges my iPad and iPhones and I love it. I drive an Audi A6 and the factory installed charger is a "slow" charger pushing less than 1.0amps on a 4.5 volt charge. So my immediate answer is "I don't know for a fact", but my educated guess is "maybe" and my experience says..."try it!" It is a good device. My kids broke one by raking a cleat across it, but after few chosen words and a few seconds of reflection...I went back online and bought another. I like that they are very "low profile" which brings into question why are my kids using their cleats on a 60k car enough to scrape off the face and guts of a cigarette lighter. I opt'd to think of my childhood and how I would have been hung, gutted and turned into jerky for the dogs....I kept my cool and merely decided the 10.00 was worth it.
Jun 27, 2013 by Wallville
votes
The converter is needed when charging non apple devices in order to enable fast charging. If a charger is iPhone compatible it doesn't adhere to the USB standard and therefore requires this adapter or it won't charge your phone fast enough. It is actually really good of Satechi to include this. Most users will try another Apple compatible device and be disappointed.
Aug 7, 2012 by SDB1
votes
Hi Mark-yes it does stay on when not plugged into a device. I unplug mine when I leave the car b/c I don't want my kids to decide it's theirs b/c it's unattended! I don't know of any converter that turns itself off.
Jul 22, 2014 by Donna
votes
if cigarette lighter is constant power will kil battery if car sits long enough my lighter on my motorcycle is only powered when bike is on hope that helps good product fast charge 20-min full charge Samsung s4.
Jun 27, 2014 by jerome pryor
votes
It works with our ipad original and ipad 3 with retina display. I can't say for sure that it will work with the air, though.
Feb 28, 2014 by M. Plagge
votes
I use it to charge an iPhone 5 without any error messages. It should be fine.
Nov 1, 2013 by Sacha Perai
votes
Got any other problems with it?
Oct 11, 2013 by Greg
votes
Please see the link for the Smart Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Adapter-Compatible-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B004YX4HDU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1377631078&sr=8-5&keywords=satechi+smart+adapter Thank you, Satechi Technical Support
Aug 27, 2013 by Satechi Tech Support
votes
Should be rated at 2.1 amp. Charges as fast as my Belkin charger rated at 2.1
Apr 2, 2013 by WP
votes
It fits the Mini Cooper with a 1/16" gap under the flange -you can't really see the gap -but you can slide something very thin under the flange an tell it's not touching. It's the best (lowest profile) I've found for the Cooper.
May 1, 2014 by Randall Brogden
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers