5.0 out of 5 stars Anker laptop power supply for Dell Inspiron 1521
Published on November 23, 2010 by ddj

1.0 out of 5 stars Anker AC adapter/charger for Dell E1505
Published on January 16, 2012 by Finn Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker laptop power supply for Dell Inspiron 1521, November 23, 2010
While searching for a replacement power supply for a Dell Inspiron 1521, I read a boatload of reviews on *A LOT* of different units and there are plenty of bad reviews out there. That surprised me because this is just your basic low-tech commodity type of product. The actual Dell branded product seemed to have some of the worst reviews and frustrated customers right on the Dell web site. Most of the complaints I saw fell into the "did not work" or "did not last" category with at least one complaint about a (non-Dell) power supply damaging the laptop because the electrical polarity was reversed. So this was pretty much a crap-shoot for me. From what I could tell, the vendor and the product seemed to be worth the risk and the price was low enough that I could just toss it if I needed to. Well, it looks like I guessed right because it arrived a day early and it works like a champ. It's a 90 watt unit so it charges up the battery pretty quick. Now, if it just holds up for a while without dying, I'll be tickled. I say "go for it".

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 22, 2011
John O'Bryan (Westwood Hills, KS) - See all my reviews
I bought this charger because of the reviews and have been very satisfied. Most impressive to me was a note I received with the charger. It said that a few chargers in a thousand may fail, but their service never would. If I ever have a problem, they will make it right. No qualifications, just a guarantee of satisfaction. I like that idea a lot, and I feel secure that I will be happy with this item

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Customer Service, June 27, 2011
In the four years I've had my laptop, I have gone through several power adapters. The original Dell one, a replacement Dell one, and two other generic adapters from Amazon. After my last one kicked the bucket, I went researching and reading through reviews and stumbled upon this. I purchased this adapter from LaptopMate in January, and sadly about a week and a half ago it died. I was very disappointed because it had worked perfectly up to that point, but remembered that it said it had come with a warranty, so I emailed customer service. I received a prompt reply which was very friendly asking me the details about my adapter, and after a few emails back and forth between the company, they told me they would be sending me a new adapter. Here it is today, just a few days later, and I cannot even begin to state how pleased I am. It is rare to find a company with this good of customer service nowadays. I definitely recommend this company and their products to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Power Supply, April 18, 2011
I'll be upfront: I go through power supplies like tissues. After having my laptop for just over 4 years I have been through 4 of them. Being a big original equipment person, I always paid the extra cash to get, what I thought was, the superior product. And watched 4 power supplies come and go. Finally I wised up and after seeing the positive reviews for this power supply I decided I'd try it. I am very pleased that I did. It's half the price of the cheapest OE Dell power supply I bought and has been doing great. The body is solid and no problem with loose wires at the exit ports. Also, I was a bit apprehensive when I saw that some reviewers complained about the shortness of the cords...I'm not sure what they were used too, but this baby provides at least 6 inches more length than any OE model I've ever used.

Going on a month of service I can report that it recharges my battery quickly and have had no problems electronically. The only thing to report in the negative is that it gets hot. Not dangerously so, but you sure don't want to be snuggling up to it. I find that if I keep it off the carpeting and on a hard surface (or a nearby book) it does a much better job of staying cool. Other than that very minor problem I have nothing but good things to say. Great power supply and incredible price.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good!, October 4, 2011
This review is from: Anker® Golden AC Adapter + Power Supply Cord for Laptop Dell Inspiron 1525 1545 1520 1720 1500 1501,14R 15R 17R 11z, 9200 9300 9400, E1405 E1505 E1705, 1150 1521 1526 1530 1700 1764 6000 6400 8500 8600, Inspiron 505M 600M 700M, N4010 N5010 M5030 N5110 N5030 N5040 N7010 N7110 M5010; Latitude E6400 E6500 E5400 E5500 E6500 E6420 E6520 E5420 E5520 E6320, D800 D810 D820 D830 Fits PA-10 PA10 [19.5V 4.62A 90W 18-Month Warranty] (Personal Computers)
I bought this A/C adapter for my Dell XPS M1530 after going through 2 OEM Dell adapters bought online (from Amazon and Ebay respectively) over the past year and a half. My original Dell adapter that came with my XPS (bought in September 2008) lasted me until early 2010 and stopped working due to the wiring coming out of the computer-end of the cord towards the power brick. So, me thinking that I should stick with Dell-only parts, stuck with the Dell OEM adapters until now. The first one completely died on me after only four months of use and the second one nearly exploded on me about a month ago. After that experience, I decided that it was time to try a non-Dell/third-party adapter. When I came across this one, I was pleased with the reviews that I was reading. Originally a little skeptical (due to it being a third-party adapter), it seems to be holding up pretty nicely! The price is amazing for this unit, and it arrived a day early too. It looks almost identical to the Dell adapters and fits/charges my XPS nicely. Overall, after a day's use of this adapter, I am thoroughly pleased with the product! I will update this review if I come across any problems with it in the coming months, but as of right now, I am content!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, good price!, September 8, 2011
I bought this for a Dell Latitude D820 when its original adapter mysteriously died. The Anker replacement works just fine, and at a better price than a Dell replacement.

EDIT: The new adapter died in a couple of months. Anker was very receptive by email and sent me a new adapter without even requiring that I mail in the broken one. The new one seems to be working just fine. I was very impressed with the customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't settle for the refurbished no-name brand!, September 18, 2011
I am a frugal shopper and usually don't mind refurbished or store-brand items. After reading a bunch of mostly negative reviews on the $10 refurbished power adapters, I opted to buy this one for my Dell Studio 17. I couldn't be happier! No issues charging, doesn't run hotter than the original, and the best part was a follow up email by Anker making sure that I was completely satisfied with the purchase. I couldn't recommend this one more. Not only does the power adapter do everything its supposed to, the company seems very dedicated to customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anker AC adapter/charger for Dell E1505, January 16, 2012
The good reviews lead me to purchasing this item (#B003LHIVUU) about a month ago. I bought it the same time I bought a replacement battery from the same company. The battery is fine, but the adapter is a disaster. It did work initially but from the start caused the touchpad to not work correctly. It also got extremely hot, eventually melting the plastic body. It is a fire hazard and renders the computer unusable while charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, October 23, 2011
I purchased after viewing the Amazon reviews. It works great as per the reviews. I have Dell E1505 Inspiron laptop and it suits for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality charger for a reasonable price, October 16, 2011
I bought this charger after reading the positive reviews and boy they were all right. The charger exceeds all my expectations for the price I paid. I have a dell inspiron which doesn't have a battery and I depend on this charger entirely. The earlier inferior charger I bought used to flicker as a result my laptop used to switch off instantly( as I said no battery). With the one I bought from Anker I absolutely didn't find any issues. It is just as good as the charger which came along with my new Dell laptop.