Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wall and Auto Ac Dc Power Adapter Cord for Leapfrog Leappad Explorer Learning Tablet Pc
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 5, 2012
I was so excited to see this product because the leap pads burn through batteries so fast. The minute we received the product I tried to plug in the leap pad, it didn't work. I removed the batteries, it didn't work. I went to a different outlet, it didn't work. I tried another leap pad, it didn't work. So, basically you are wasting your money with this product. I did try the auto one and that works just fine. Unfortunately, for me it was the one for the house that I most wanted. Now I have to return this useless product and to make matters worse I am back to using batteries!!!!

********UPDATE
The seller did contact me promptly and did offer to send out a different adapter for the leap pad. I would still recommend ordering the adaptor directly from leap frog so you get one that will work.

*****UPDATE
I received another adaptor from the company as well as a return envelope. I have since ordered an adaptor directly from Leap Frog and it is far better than the one you will receive here. I originally ordered 3 adaptors from this seller and received only one to replace the three bad ones, so I will be making good use of my return envelope and waiting for my money to be refunded. Again order the adaptor from Leap Frog, the cord is much longer and you will get a far better product. Please don't waste your time like I did.
on January 10, 2012
I purchased this to go with my daughters leap frog tablet. Niether the wall charger or the car charger work with the Leap Pad as it said it would. The seller said I could send it back, but by the time you figure in the shipping already paid and the shipping to send it back I would just be out more money. I would have prefered that the seller make certian they new what they were selling before shipping it to me.
on January 16, 2012
Bottom line-The product did not work. Don't waste your time or money. Read the other reviews-they say the same thing. Buy the real LeapPad. You get what you pay for in this case.
on January 30, 2012
It does not work unless the batteries are charged. I was under the impression that the plug in would work regardless of the battery levels.. I was wrong.
on January 18, 2012
I purchased the chargers because i am constantly changing the batteries to my son's leap pad. He uses it so much that i decided to purchase the chargers to save money. They do not work unless the leappad is hooked up while the charger is plugged into the wall and once you unhook the leappad it goes dead.****DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT******* i have never written a review before but, i was highly dissapointed!!!!
on January 15, 2012
BIG WASTE OF MONEY DOES NOT WORK!!!! My mom purchased these (wall / car adapters) for my daughter's Leappad. Neither one works. My husband hooked up his electric tester to the wall adapter there is no power running to it. After reading other reviews we will be purchasing actual Leapfrog adapters for her now. Guess you get what you pay for big waste of money!!!!!
on May 29, 2012
Have been using the wall charger off and on for a few weeks while my daughter used her leap pad to conserve batteries. The other night I came home to a rancid smell throughout my home and discovered that the adapter had melted down, caused my entire outlet to burn up and singe part of my insulation in my wall. Thank goodness the outlet box did what it was supposed to do and prevented the fire from spreading to the wall!!! The electrician who checked our wiring and replaced the outlet box said that the AC adapter must have gone catastrophic and was the cause of the incident. We were lucky not to have lost our home to this faulty device. I haven't used the automobile charger as of this time, but I'm not taking any chances; it's going straight in the garbage.
on January 17, 2012
DOSENT WORK .My 5 year old is crying i told him i order plug so leap pad wont keep cutting out.it wont cut out because it wont go on.Really amazon how can you sell a product like this and to send it back will just waist more money.DONT BUY IT.I HOPE THIS WILL SAVE OTHER PEOPLE FROM WAISTING TIME AND MONEY.
on February 28, 2012
What I received was NOT what was pictured. They mis-representated their product. How do you expect me to use a auto power adapter when it has this little short cord. My daughter sits in a car seat in the back of the car where there is no plug available. That is why I choose their product in the first place - the picture showed a fairly long cord on the Auto Power Adapter. I have not used it to even see if it works.
on February 2, 2012
We are not happy with the wall charger at all. The cord is too short and it is very touchy. As soon as you move, the cord falls out of the LeapPad and shuts off. Word of advise - make sure all of the batteries are out (otherwise you cannot use the cord).