Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS Truck Month

Size: Charger|Color: Black 1 Pack|Change

on January 10, 2011
I made a really stupid mistake in assuming that the DS I currently have was simply a Nintendo DS. Based off a few reviews that I've read, I think it is safe to assume that I am not the only one who has made this mistake, so I am posting this review in the hopes that I might be able to clear up this misunderstanding:

This charger IS built for the Nintendo DS, and it also fits the Gameboy Advanced SP system. Why is this? Because the Nintendo DS that is advertised by this AC adapter is the very first Nintendo DS that was created, and one that I am assuming is no longer in production, if nintendo.com is anything to go by. In other words, this charger fits an older (and now outdated) version of the current (less older) Nintendo DS that some people (like me) have.

If you have a Nintendo DS with a small hexagonal shape for inserting a wall charger, then you have the Nintendo DS lite, NOT a Nintendo DS. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM because the very moment you get it will be the very moment that you realize it was a total waste of both effort and time because it won't fit your version of the DS. Of course, there is also the easier method of just flipping over your DS and reading the label on the back of it (something I hadn't considered to do until just now... D'oh!)

Oh, and for the record, SF Planet was very helpful. The moment I realized I received the wrong item (out of my own fault, though I didn't realize this until later), I made actions to correct the mistake. They were very patient as I adamantly demanded that, "No, this is not a Nintendo DS adapter because it DOESN'T FIT MY DS!! k;ljg" Regardless, the issue was resolved peacefully and wonderfully.

I hope this helps other people who might have made or have already made the same mistake as me.
on February 19, 2015
For those who think this doesn't work you are wrong. The shipping was very fast, and I got what I needed. The first 30 mins of when I got it it didn't work. I tried it again and it does work for my GBA. Thanks! Here's some pictures too!
review image
on October 16, 2011
Simple charger, works for what it does. I don't use it too often since the this SP holds its charge pretty well and I don't play frequently. I believe the charger cheaper online, hence this existing; also works on DS's, if you're into that...I got mine for an old SP I "found" from my brother's closet. Winning.
on March 6, 2016
Although delivered on time, the charger does not work unless I position it in a certain position. In addition, I have to consistently check and move the charger so that it would actually work. Happy that this product exists, but very dissatisfied that it did not live to its potential.
on January 3, 2007
Works just the same as the original Nintendo equipment. Same size, etc. Great product.
on September 6, 2011
This item is not as advertised. The Amazon listing and item packaging itself states it is compatible with the Nintendo DS and the Gameboy SP. Inspection of the AC unit itself indicates it is *not* compatible with a DS Lite. The unit is for classic only. I have uploaded a picture for your own enjoyment.

Sending this back costs as much as the unit itself but we're returning it out of spite. Caveat emptor.
review image
on December 31, 2015
Gets the job done. Far, far cheaper than buying this item from a game store. I had to bite the bullet and buy one from a game store, today, in fact. Because we left this one at home when we left to go out of town. I paid more than double for a beat up and scratched up charger. Wasn't happy about that at all. I'm glad I can always come here and get one for a reasonable price.
on February 3, 2016
This is a Horrible cord. Don't let the price fool you. Instantly upon plugging it in Sparks shot out of my surge protector and fried that outlet. Appears to be made of very cheap plastic and the rotating plug appears flimsy and fragile. A big mistake.

On the plus side they refunded my money without any trouble which was good
on December 21, 2015
This worked great! I was able to plug in my old-school folding DS right away and start playing while it charged. The cord is a little shorter than I was hoping for, but there's an outlet right behind my chair so it worked just fine. I could have been patient and allowed it to charge without playing it at the same time, but where's the fun in that?
on July 27, 2008
Works just like it should. Half the price of what I could find at video game stores.