5.0 out of 5 stars Great
i chose this rating cause it was the right thing i needed and it works great...keeps my computer fully charged
Published on December 23, 2012 by deva kyde

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy More Than One
Published on June 15, 2011 by E. Tucker

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy More Than One, June 15, 2011
E. Tucker (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AC Adapter/Power Supply Charger+Cord for IBM ThinkPad 61T (Electronics)
These power cords are cheap so buy a couple in case one breaks. Even though Optimum Solutions says you get a 12 month replacement warranty, their "warranty" means you have to ship the power cord back to them at your own cost (which costs more than the power cord itself), and after they receive it, it will take them 2-5 days to test it after which they will decide if it is truly defective or not and will finally ship you a new one (which will then take another several days to arrive). Mine stopped working after 5 months. I can't wait two weeks for this whole "warranty" process. I'm just going to buy a new one from someone else. Also, if you pay for expedited shipping, be prepared for it to take longer than you expect to arrive. Apparently Optimum Solutions' expedited shipping definition is different than the one that is displayed on the website.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after less than 2 months, February 5, 2014
Matt Pankratz (Wichita, KS United States) - See all my reviews
Very cheap unit.

The power "brick" itself gets EXCEPTIONALLY hot. I'm surprised it didn't start something on fire. There is a warning on the brick about the temperature.

The plastic ribbing around the power connector is also designed poorly. It allows for too much flexing of the cord and I think that's what shorted my unit out. I'm not entirely sure about this due to the high temperature on the brick. I suppose that could've melted or shorted something internally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 23, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth $3, August 5, 2012
MV "SFDiscoRQ" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Have had it for 5 months and it has started making a sizzling sound, so there is arcing going on inside the case. I'd return it, but I don't trust their quality and don't want to risk starting a fire. The risk is not worth the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for 3 months, then not so much, July 31, 2012
The charger was a great, cheap replacement for 3 months. Then for the next 3 months, it would only charge the computer if the cord was positioned in certain ways. Finally, the cord actually sparked up after I was trying to maneuver it for the last time. If you're just looking for a temporary fix, this may work, however it's probably too dangerous to use this product as a long term solution.

1.0 out of 5 stars The connection with my PC is loose. Broke within 2 months!!, December 15, 2011
My PC is Lenovo Thinkpad T400. The connection with my PC is loose, so I need to be extremely careful while I move my PC. Not bad considering the price.
Update: It broke in less than two months! The part of the cord connecting to my PC (not the plugin to PC, but the part connects the plugin and the cord) broke off, such that the electricity can't go through. I am very upset. I don't even know what to do. I need to work on my PC every day!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Pictured Item, November 6, 2013
Not the pictured Item. If I was getting a generic replacement, I would like to have know up front.

Nowhere did I read that it would be a generic no-named adapter. The image supplied was one of the original styled adapters that Lenovo supplies.

I would complain of false advertising, but it works and I paid under ten dollars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - keeps falling out, March 22, 2014
For the price it was worth it. The Lenovo laptop battery no longer holds a charge so bought this as cheap temp fix. It works without any problems but each time I move the laptop on my desk the end in the laptop keeps falling out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for an aging power supply, March 9, 2014
My Lenovo laptop has a lot of miles on it, and the power supply was beginning to fray at the connection. This is a nice replacement at a good price. Very quick delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than a universal, February 10, 2014
This power supply is a much cheaper replacement than a universal power suppy. It's not the most well built item but hey, it works. For the price you can't beat it.