5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than getting an original one
After my dog ate the cord of the adapter I was concerned. I was asked in the range of $30 to $40 for a replacement. I knew amazon would not fail me and I was right. Found this inexpensive one and it works as good as the original (it might be even smaller!)
Published on January 1, 2011 by G. Pantol

I was elated after finding this replacement adapter at such a low price. However, the adapter does not work properly in my DV4-1431us laptop. The laptop will not power on when the AC Adapter is plugged in by itself, and will only send power in short, one-second bursts when the laptop battery is plugged in. (And will not charge the battery.)

The adapter will...
Published on May 13, 2010 by B. E. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DV4-1431US LAPTOP DESPITE DESCRIPTION, May 13, 2010
This review is from: NEW AC Adapter/Power Supply Cord for HP/Compaq (Electronics)

The adapter will work perfectly in an old Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop, so I know it is not defective.

Despite the title of this product suggesting it can replace model number 463958-001, it does not appear to do so, or at least with this specific laptop. If you have this laptop, DO NOT BUY this product, as it does not work properly.

UPDATE: After getting an official adapter from HP, I can confirm that the problem was not with my laptop. This adapter is not compatible with the DV4-1431us laptop.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor connection, July 8, 2011
This power supply was very inexpensive so I figured trying it was not a big risk. The wall cord will not stay connected to the adapter if any part of the cord or adapter is moved. I have to push it together very hard in order for it to engage. Twice I have left a laptop plugged into this adapter only to have my laptop run out of battery and shut down, losing some data. It does work fine but I always have to check my laptop to make sure the power is on before I walk away. Next time I have to buy an adapter (I have several HP laptops so extra cords are necessary), I will look for a more expensive, better built cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than getting an original one, January 1, 2011
G. Pantol (Fayetteville, NC) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, November 27, 2009
It works! And thats all I really expected out of this product, however, it does get extremely hot when in use so I have to be careful not to lean up against it or place it under anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done.., July 29, 2010
My wife's HP laptop's adapter had stopped working so decided to give this adapter a try as a replacement. As the others have stated it does what it is supposed to; charge the battery for the laptop/feed the laptop power.

However it can get VERY hot. More so if accidentally covered by a blanket or clothing. Another issue that seems to have only came up with this adapter is that the charging light where it plugs into the laptop will flash. When it does that it is not charging. I have yet to figure out why it does this but unplugging the adapter from the outlet takes care of the problem but is not a great solution.

Overall this will get the job done at a really low price but you also get what you pay for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nah..., July 11, 2010
This only worked for about a month before it crapped out. Don't love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just in time!, September 17, 2010
My laptop power cord became defective and I needed a new one right away. I searched everywhere and they were so expensive. I decided to give Amazon.com a try and found just what I needed. I was happy with the price and delivery time! Only thing is my power cord does tend to make my computer get hot faster than the original. I just keep an eye on it when I'm using it and when it gets too hot, I unplug it. I'll definitely be using Amazon for my future electronic needs!

4.0 out of 5 stars power cord, June 23, 2014
Vicki Kraus (Whitehall, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I would have liked the adapter to have had a longer cord, but it was what I had expected of the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars works great., June 13, 2014
This adapter and power cord works great with my hp laptop. I just wish the cord was longer. It's a lot shorter than the power cord that originally came with my laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Match!, March 27, 2014
My original adapter was chewed by my dog.

Ordered your new adapter, price was great.

Works like a charm! Very satisfied.