Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AC Adapter/Power Supply and Cord for Dell Inspiron 1318 1545 1546 1551 pp41l
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 16, 2013
This charger lasted me about 4 months before it stopped working. It was a little loose fitting into the actual computer, but it was still able to charge my computer. However, every time I plugged it in, it began to smell a bit funny... Plus, the box part is different than in the pictures and felt cheap, light and breakable. After 4 months of use, the light started blinking and wouldn't hold a charge. Needless to say, I am disappointed with this product.
33 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2013
When I first received this item to replace my Dell Inspiron 1545's several year-old AC adapter, I was excited. It worked perfectly, and it arrived just in time to get me through an important presentation. Unfortunately, it functioned normally for less than a week. It will no longer charge my computer while I am using it. Furthermore, it makes a horrible buzzing sound indicative of adapter failure. Seeing how the item itself appeared to be in decent condition when I received it, I'm guessing that this product was poorly constructed. I'd like to give it a higher rating, as it helped me a lot during the few days that it functioned normally, but that short of a lifespan is simply unacceptable.
on May 22, 2013
Only lasted 3 charges. Now get message: "The AC Power Adaptor type cannot be determined. Your system will operate slower and your battery will not charge. Please connect a Dell 65W AC Adaptor or higher for best system operation."
on January 31, 2013
Just got it yesterday and it works alright, I have a 1545 and QuickSet says that this charger is only 65w and to plug in a 90w. Also, it doesn't fit into the 1545 I had to shave off some of the octagonal shaped metal with a knife but it fit eventually. Weird that it says it works for the 1545 but obviously not made to do so, beware.
on December 19, 2012
I was a little hesitant to use a charging cable that was so cheap but I have no regrets! It works great with my laptop (Dell 1545) and has held up great for the several months I have owned it. Why waste all that money on a product from Dell when you can get this one for a fraction of the price?
on May 13, 2013
So I purchased this to replace for a Dell laptop I was working on for a family member. It so happens that the one that went out on me was identical to the one I had purchased. Only when I received the new power supply, the wires were a lot thinner and flimsy. Plugged it right in and immediately becomes hot to the touch. Eventually got so hot, I couldn't hold it in my hand w/o burning myself. Its working so far but have a strong feeling this thing isn't going to last very long.

I hate rating it at three starts based on an assumption but the previous AC adapter had bulkier wiring but of course that one eventually went out as well. I'd say save your money and purchase a decent one or better yet buy a Dell brand AC adapter. Even the photo showed an three prong AC cord that connects to the actual adapter but mine was only a flimsy two prong cord.
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2013
The item did not work when it arrived and I had to return it. It was able to charge my laptop for half a day then it stopped. The company was fantastic handling the return...I am just sorry things didn't work out. I did order another charger from a different vendor and it works great. :)
on January 7, 2013
I bought this item to replace my power cord that stopped working. When I got it, it didn't fit. This information is false and I would recomend buying a different power cord for your dell inspiron 1546. Don't waste your money buying a power cord that doesnt even work!
on December 29, 2015
It works! But it kind of feels cheesy. The part where you connect it to the computer has a pentagon shape instead of a circle but still fits its pretty tight so it wont fall out on accident. It comes in a big manilla folder like the one in the picture which does not fit in your mailbox it came from usps in 2 business days because i have prime the biggest pro is the price only 6$ which you cant beat that.So im satisfied and would order from them again.
review image review image review image
on May 18, 2016
During a move I lost my cord and the labtop. Then I found the labtop but not the cord so I came here. I found this one and bought it excited to see what I had one the labtop. The charger seemed smaller then my old one and seemed to charge up faster. I thought it was my imagination. But three weeks later the old cord was found and so I compared. It was smaller but the cord was the same length. And I was right the new charger charged the labtop up 30 Minutes faster then the old one. Score!