5.0 out of 5 stars The Tripath Solution
Published 15 months ago by Jiggy

1.0 out of 5 stars Non regulatory certified dangerous product.
Tested with Programmable DC Electronic Load (BK Precision Model 8500) before using for LED lighting. About 1 hour at maximum load (6A), it exploded with big bang sound.
As I expected, this is non UL certified illegal product in the USA. Seller should be liable for any hazard caused by this product.
The CE mark on the label is CHINA EXPORT mark, not European...
Published 4 months ago by TS

1.0 out of 5 stars Non regulatory certified dangerous product., July 1, 2014
This review is from: 12v 6a Adapter Power Supply for LCD Monitor with Power Cord (Electronics)
The CE mark on the label is CHINA EXPORT mark, not European conformity marking. You can find more information about "CHINA EXPORT" mark by Googling.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tripath Solution, September 1, 2013
I've become addicted to Tripath amps. I got 2 so far and will probably get a few more, but they were being shipped with underrated 2 amp supplies that choke when you crank the amp up. This to me seemed like the fix. I was right! They have more than enough amperage to run the amps, the plug fits perfect and it has the correct polarity (positive tip) for both my Lepai LP-808 and TA2020.

3.0 out of 5 stars gets VERY hot at only 5Amps, May 1, 2013
I was suspicious at how small and light this power supply is, even comparable ones with twice the bulk get hot pushing 6A continuous, sure enough using it to run an led art installation at just under five amps I found it so hot I could barely hold it, and smells like overheated electronics. I would spend an extra $9 next time on one designed to actually run at it's rated max like this Schumacher PC-6: Schumacher PC-6 120AC to 6A 12V DC Power Converter
if you're going to keep your draw under 4A it's probably a good super-cheap option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with LED lighting strips, July 19, 2012
Bought for use with a 16 foot RGB 5050 led strip rated to pull 6 amps. After cutting the strip down to about 10 feet I am probably only actually using about 4 amps but this supply works great for that application. I bought two more for use with more strips I will be installing so we'll probably soon see if it can handle nearer 6 amps. So far so good though.

This supply is the only two prong (non grounded) adapter I have seen that is rated at 6+ amps. The plug in wall timers that I use to turn my light strips on/off are only two prong so this fit my application perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, cheap, functional replacement power adapter for BFL / Butterfly Labs Jalapeno Bitcoin Miner, December 18, 2013
I bought this as a replacement for my 13v 6amp ac adapter for my Butterfly Labs 5 GH/s (Jalapeno) bitcoin miner (power supply part # PC-C-090-130060CT). I wasn't sure if it was going to work since this is a 12v 6amp. It works fine ( still uses about 41 watts ). Thanks to the two day shipping I was mining again very quickly. Who knows how long it would have taken to get a replacement from B.F.L. After more than two weeks constant use It runs warm 120F externally ( as measured by my infrared thermometer ) in my cold basement with no incident's. I will update this if my opinion on the unit changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for LED tape/strip lighting project, July 10, 2013
I spent way too long agonizing over which power supply to get for a 12V DC circuit for some LED strip lights. I was thinking I wanted to be safe and go with one of the 100W, fan cooled jobbers- but then had a reality check and couldn't see spending $40 just for the supply.

This thing worked perfectly and cost about $10. The circuit consists of 8 parallel wired light strips, total draw ~20W. I cut off the male plug end and fed the wires into the little led dimer module. The setup works great! I highly recommend this power supply. So far I've had my setup going almost continuously for 1wk w/ no problems. I will probably be buying 2-3 more of these for additional led strip lighting projects.

UPDATE 6/25/14: The original one I bought has been running nearly continuously since the original date of this review with absolutely no problems at all. Finally getting around to ordering two more for under cabinet and desk lighting projects.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as pictured, January 7, 2013
Bought it to run a 5050 LED strip as did a previous reviewer, and it does work for that. The plugs are the right size (2.5/5.5mm) and the amps are great (6A). However, mine is a 3 prong power cord (grounded). Not as pictured, but it works. I will have to do some fiddling to get this to work for my exact needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable so far, January 21, 2014
B. K. (Peoria, AZ) - See all my reviews
I have been installing these transformers for LED strip lighting aplications. There is no lag when using on a swithched outlet. No problems yet, I do however give 30% headroom on my installations.

1.0 out of 5 stars 12V 4A not 12V 6A !What a scam! Don't waste your $ if you need a true 12V 6A/72W of power !, May 14, 2014
Yes, I'll cal it scam , because the specification of the product don't comply with the real measurement ! This bogus company must be fined for deceiving it's customers ! I've used Belkin energy consumption and chained 3 pieces of RGB 5050 LED's to give the adapter a maximum power load, so I can see the supplied wattage.See for yourself:
[...] and save your money ! The small size of the adapter itself made me suspicious at first , and I was right , this is 4A power supply, not 6A as stated !

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for LED Strip LIghts, October 30, 2013
Jim Law (New England - MA) - See all my reviews
I used this with the LED Strip lights. It can actually run at least 2 or maybe 3 16 foot strips. Nothing special but it works.

12v 6a Adapter Power Supply for LCD Monitor with Power Cord