Published 11 months ago by TV-Tastic

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad for Business
Upon arrival the original packaging as well as the item appeared used. I ordered what should have been a new adapter for my X-box slim. The item did not work. I had to take my system to best buy and have them confirm the reason i was unable to turn my system on (Adapter did not work).
Published on August 2, 2011 by CHUHK

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad for Business, August 2, 2011
This review is from: AC Adapter Power Supply For Microsoft XBOX 360 SLIM (Video Game)

1.0 out of 5 stars DID NOT WORK, February 14, 2012
JamoMom "Jen" (Roxana, Delaware United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
thats it. didnt work. period. returned it. What a disappointment on Christmas because that was supposed to power up one xbox, so that both could be used at the same time for 2 kids, diff games. didnt happen. foiled again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont Buy It!, March 8, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This power supply Worked for a while. but ended up over heating while being properly ventilated. Which lead to my Xbox360 needing to be sent in for repair. Save yourself the hassle and buy an officially licensed power supply directly from the xbox website.

2.0 out of 5 stars LOUD and used, September 22, 2011
This product WILL be louder than your xBox slim console, refrigerator, and game volume at the same time. It arrived in a US postal package and apparently was not damaged during shipping, but there are signs of previous use. As for the loudness of the item, there is a very distinguishable noise emitting from the fan (which is probably keeping the unit from frying itself as it gets very hot very quick.) If you can, get one from Microsoft so your neighbors downstairs wont hear the buzzing of the fan vibrating the floor. If your strapped for cash, this is the product for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars This thing will break, June 16, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I got this Power supply to replace the one that i had originally which broke. this thing is loud and it will eventually cease to function.

DO NOT GET.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this adaptor, April 4, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
it makes horrible horrible sounds! sounds like a lawnmower as soon as you turn the power on, do not buy, it literally sounds like it will burst into flames

1.0 out of 5 stars piece of crap! piece of crap!, November 29, 2013
The adapter didn't work. It is a piece of crap. A waste of my money. It is a piece of crap.

1.0 out of 5 stars please just dont...., April 4, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I read reviews saying this thing is loud and seen some saying it wasent so i just thought it was the cry babys saying its loud...i bought this because the fan in the old one was going out and was getting very loud....ive used this power pack for 5 min and put the old one back and will use it till it burns out THIS THING IS THE BIGGEST PEICE OF JUNK IVE EVER GOTTEN WITH A GOOD(ISH) RATING! This this is a giant heap of junk! Its so loud its distracting even well playing games with the tv loud! I bought this because i was tired of my old one being loud NOT BECAUSE I WANTED A NEW ONE THATS EVEN LOUDER! This is a giant pile of crap DO NOT BUY IT! Buy a diffrent one PLEASE! You have been warned!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good... hasn't burned down the house yet, so we're batting 1.000, March 31, 2014
This is a purchase I never thought I would have to make but I purchased an additional Xbox 360 from Cowboom because it turned out to be cheaper than buying a 250 GB hard drive for my 4 GB Xbox 360. It was supposed to include a wireless controller, AV cable, and the AC power adapter and power cable. Well, it had everything but the brick. Cowboom was decent enough to give me a $30 refund for my troubles (bringing the price of the new Xbox 360 down to $70, I might add, so, score on that one) but there was no way I was going to pay full price for replacement brick, especially considering that it was going to go on the 4 GB 360 which was being moved upstairs to the loft for the kids to play. I love my kids, but my gaming needs come first and that's the end of the discussion on that issue.

So, I purchased this because I've seen the exact same branded brick AC adapter at numerous sites and the low resolution picture kind of makes it look legitimate, as if even though it's not an OEM product, unlike most of the China junk you buy, they at least put a little bit of money into the packaging design.

Well, to be honest when It arrived I did not have high hopes for it considering that all over the entire package and instructions were the typical misspellings and poor grammar obviously written by someone who doesn't speak English as their first language.

As an aside, I've always wondered about this. Why don't these Chinese companies just hire a guy who speaks English as their first language or is at least incredibly professionally fluent in it to write the copy for their instruction manuals and packaging?

Anyway, with some trepidation, I connected the power supply and the accompanying power cable to the Xbox 360 slim, fired it up and it has been good to go for the last week that I've had it and best test for this is letting my kids test it on their Xbox 360 because of course, my kids never turn it off, just letting it run throughout the night. So, they haven't fried it yet and that's saying something.

The only complaint I have is that it is pretty noisy which is something that the OEM version of this is not. I guess there is a cooling fan on the inside of it that causes this (I did not know this beforehand because my OEM version is whisper quiet to the point where it makes no noise at all). It's not that big of a deal as I keep it behind a rather large TV stand to begin with, but it is worth noting.

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE, October 30, 2011
THIS PRODUCT IS A WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT BUY. WARNING IT WILL BREAK, AND READ THE REVIEWS BELOW. THIS THING IS LOUDER THAN MY TURTLE BEACHES AT FULL BLAST. DO NOT BUY, I CANT SAY THAT ENOUGH

AC Adapter Power Supply For Microsoft XBOX 360 SLIM