Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 13, 2010
I just received this AC Adapter. Is is genuine Lenovo. It is 90W. But it is not the one pictured. I has a three-prong plug which is much less convenient. The picture shows a two-prong plug and this is confirmed by the photo showing a two-wire jack in the adapter itself, where the AC power cord plugs into it. Amazon should institute some punishment for sellers that post the wrong picture and show a more desirable item than they are selling. This is probably illegal as well as irritating.
on November 18, 2015
Lasted from 4-12-2011 until last week 11-10-2015 :( I guess 4 + years of charging and bending took its toll on the plug end at the computer as I had to slice the wires to get by :) For the money I'm happy ....just wish they'd design the end better to take the abuse.
on December 29, 2010
I had bought a "universal" adapter before ordering this and knew from the moment I plugged in the universal that I needed exactly what I'd had originally or I'd lose my mind. The universal cord was short, had awkward spacing for the connections and was a stiff type of wiring that interfered with how I worked when using the laptop anywhere except at a desk. Which defeats the purpose of a laptop. This was not only less expensive by about $30-40, but works just as well as the original adapter, no weird noises, no wonky plugs and a wonderfully long cord which allows me to have the laptop plugged in, on my lap and charged/charging as I work on large projects.
on March 19, 2013
This adapter lasted barely a year. I bought it to have a spare in case my OEM AC adapter packed it in. My original came with my T61 ThinkPad which I bought (very well) used in 2008. Well, my original genuine Lenovo adapter is still going strong as of 2013 but this junk one has been a paperweight for years now.

Buyer beware.

If I ever need another adapter, I'll bit the bullet and buy it from the Canadian Lenovo website.
on March 28, 2014
This is the second one that I had to purchase. Something in the wiring goes awry. I hate it. The laptop goes from charging fine. If someone bumps it, it stops charging. The first one did the same thing. 100% of my experience, 2 out of 2, were both faulty as if they had shorts in the wire/loose connections/broken wire, etc..
on March 30, 2011
I replaced my AC adapter after the one that came with my T60p failed on me. And when I say "failed" on me, I mean that. Where the power left the brick to my laptop, the cord started to shear apart. This was after about two years of wear. I'm pretty sure it was the Lenovo 65W AC adapter. Where the sheath of the cord broke apart, it literally started sparking all over the place and smoking. I think this mainly due to the two years of transporting it to and from school every day and wrapping the cord around the brick.

After reading crappy reviews of the aftermarket AC adapters, I decided to go and pick up this 90W adapter, for higher price and everything. I'm actually using it right now. It's been about a year since my purchase. So, you know it's held up for this long, but why the bad rating? I'll tell you why.

This adapter is doing the same thing. After my previous experience I decided to start folding the cord and wrapping the included velcro tie like you're supposed to. I have, I have, but this adapter is starting to fail on me, and we're right at a year of use now, although there has been much less use than when I had the 65W adapter. I started interning and I took 6 months off from going to school. So let's say this is 6 months of use and transporting it. This adapter's cord is failing on the other side of the brick, right within the choppy, reinforced section before the three prong connector. I can't see any visible damage to the cord, I don't hear sparks or see/smell smoke like I did with the 65W adapter's failure, but this time, it just won't charge. I find myself constantly manipulating that section of the cord until power goes through the thing whenever I unpack my gear. It's a pain. It's annoying.

I'm in engineering and simple electronics (electronic wire, possibly with a stainless steel guard wire coiled within) should not be so difficult to manufacture, and for this exorbitant price, too?

I love my Thinkpad, I love my ThinkStation, I love Lenovo/IBM products, but these AC adapters are crap, truly terrible. I'm not telling you to go buy an aftermarket adapter, but I'm just giving a fair warning from someone who has had two different Lenovo AC adapters fail on him. I'll give this one another few months before I cut it up and repair it myself.

PROS: Charges much faster than 65W.

CONS: Cord (outlet side of brick) faulty after 6 months of regular use. Loses electric connection within section of cord attached to three prong head.
on December 26, 2011
Well,...the picture shown for the item was not the same thing that I recieved. But, it turns out that after a little further research on the item, what I recieved is really more what I needed than what was pictured. I'm glad I did the research on it because I was considering sending it back, but I did decide to keep it then. But still, the seller should be more acurate with the pictures of the items.
on March 23, 2013
The cord and battery box are sturdy, efficient and fairly lengthy, so you will have no problems plugging this baby in and keeping a long-lasting charge in a short amount of time. The only issue you may have is that the cord is 3-pronged and not the standard 2-pronged, which means if you don't have an extension cord that can receive 3-pronged plugs, you'll HAVE to use a wall socket.

Despite the slight inconvenience, the cord does what it's supposed to and does it very well. I also received mine a day early, so this particular company is very efficient in getting their product out. 5/5.
on June 20, 2011
The outlet side or the cord continually pulls away from and unplugs from the battery pack making charging unreliable and spotty. The battery pack itself is bulky and heavy. Also, unlike the cords lenovo sends you with it's computers, this one requires a 3-prong outlet which has been inconvenient in many public spaces. It does do the job for the most part but I would have rather bit the bullet and ordered directly from lenovo.
on May 6, 2012
I bought one of these to replace the original power supply for my Lenovo T61. It worked for about 6 months. Today it sizzled, popped, and caught fire. I'm just glad I was around when it happened. Otherwise, who knows what this thing could have cost me.

Also, the DC plug is slightly smaller than the plug on the original supply. This makes the plug very particular about what angle it is inserted at.

Stay away from these shoddy, poorly made replacements.