Customer Discussions > Skinny Bitch forum

Addiction to soft-drinks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2011 2:06:48 PM PDT
A. Moon says:
I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with an addiction to pop? I know that High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad bad bad, but it's so hard to give up my PEPSI. Has anyone overcome this and how did they do it?

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 2:07:26 PM PDT
A. Moon says:
:)

Posted on May 24, 2011 12:04:39 PM PDT
Yes, mountain dew is my crack!! If I dont get it watch out, I will be grumpy. I know it is very bad for you so I am trying to slow it down.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:57:40 AM PST
T. Smith says:
your pop has high sugar and caffeine. You are most likely addicted to these things. It is not the pop but did you know that the carbonation in the soda erodes the enamel off of your teeth and then the sugar and dyes can damage your teeth too. Try switching to a clear tea like green tea and regular sugar that has not been processed. Agave is good. You will have withdraws at first but after about two weeks when those have past and you are adjusting your habits and palate you will feel better. Maybe the pop addiction is also partly convenience based too. Buy prepackaged tea and sweeten yourself. It takes a little extra planning and work but it can be done.

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 8:09:31 PM PDT
BusyMommy says:
This was a difficult addiction for me to break. I found that the cup I drank out of made a difference to me. I finally found a large Tervis cup with a handle and straw that made a difference for me. I prefer to drink out of this than anything else. When I was making the transition, I put lemon in my water for about a week. Now I feel that I can enjoy water without the added taste. However, I admit that about two or three times a week I have a small cup of coffee if I had to stay up late working the night before.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Skinny Bitch forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Skinny Bitch
Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman (Paperback - December 27, 2005)
3.2 out of 5 stars   (1,613)