5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet
This DVD is the best of the 3 or so documentaries about Adele that seem to be available currently. This one has lots of her music in plus people who actually know her (friends ,producers, industry people etc) plus a load of interviews with the girl herself that I hadn't seen before.
This one is worth forking out for as it stands up to repeated viewings.
Published 23 months ago by Johnny boy

3.0 out of 5 stars I just want to see her perform
Was good, but was hoping for more performance footage or actual interviews with her rather than people talking about her and career and giving their two cents. I could care less what they have to say. Their chat kept interrupting what little footage of her singing there was!
Published 3 months ago by caryl tieken

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, August 18, 2012
Johnny boy (In excellsis deo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adele - The Only Way Is Up (DVD)
This one is worth forking out for as it stands up to repeated viewings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Adele DVD around, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Adele - The Only Way Is Up (DVD)
I have seen a few of these biography programs that tell the story of Adele's life and career, and this one is by far and away the best. Her career is reviewed in a detailed and even handed manner, offering some fascinating explanations as to how she ended up becoming the star she is today. Adele's music is placed in the context of the classic soul greats who were her inspiration and her contemporaries in the charts today.
Neil Cowley who helped write and record both Adele's albums is present to offer some insight into the creative process, and her songs are analysed in some depth. But the thing that really seperates this documentary from the others I have seen is that The Only Way Is Up includes extensive interviews with Adele herself and features clips of all her music. Aside from just her big hits (which are all present) the film also includes live footage from the early days of Adele's career, and rare performaces of some of her more recent material. There was plenty of new information and live shows I had not seen elsewhere. If you want to see the real story of Adele, this is the only DVD you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and Brilliant!!, August 11, 2013
I was a bit puzzled by the one review that only gave this documentary about Adele a "one star" rating. I first watched with the "Prime Instant Video" option to see if I liked it. FABULOUS! It is well worth anyone's time if you are curious about Adele and her music. In fact I liked this so much that I decided to purchase it JUST to be able to give it the 5-star rating it so richly deserves. A hidden diamond of a film, actually. I thought it quite interesting that the commentator thought that Americans would not like Adele. What's NOT to like?? She is mature far beyond her chronological age; extraordinarily gifted, and from anything I've heard or seen, is a genuine human being. I watched the BAFTA awards this year just to see if she'd make an appearance. It is enjoyable to watch this young lady's musical progression, and I hear her music being played everywhere. Never get tired of hearing her rich, soulful voice either. I truly hope to hear many more albums from her in the future. I also admire the fact that she does not have to resort to "cheap tricks" of annoying dancers or weird costuming to put forth her music. Her music speaks for itself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth seeing, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Adele - The Only Way Is Up (DVD)
Presented as a documentary, this video provides good history of Adele's musical journey. I had no idea that her cd's (19 and 21) were so named because of her age at the time of recording! While there is some footage of her singing as a young teen, I would have liked to have seen more. Still, this was a decent historical/insightful documentary that any Adele fan would enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adele the artist., June 23, 2013
Very good background on Adele and her development as a artist.Lots of early stuff and the changes she has made as a songwriter.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a gift for my girlfriend and she loves it!, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Adele - The Only Way Is Up (DVD)
My GF is a big fan of Adele and she just loves this DVD. Now we keep fighting because she wants to watch this DVD all day, everyday! Great product, great service from Amazon. Thanks a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adele, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Adele - The Only Way Is Up (DVD)
I love Adele and I try to get my hands on everything I can find of hers. She is an amazing lady. I would definitely recommend this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars I just want to see her perform, March 21, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Adele, February 8, 2014
Steven Horn (Fort Pierce, FL) - See all my reviews
great documentary on the life, up to about 2 years ago, of Adele. Awesome early footage. Well worth the watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good music, March 30, 2014
Love to watch and listen to Adele. She is down to earth and tells it like it is and more! Also love her laugh!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Adele - The Only Way Is Up
Adele - The Only Way Is Up by Adele (DVD - 2012)
$19.95 $16.96